Quick film newbie question... Not sure if I should put it in this thread or somewhere else...

I've been in Europe for the last 5 months and have numerous rolls of 120 that I have not developed. I am going back to the states in a couple weeks and am wondering what you guys recommend to get the film back without it getting fucked up? In my carry on, in my checked baggage, something else? Thanks in advance.

Quick film newbie question... Not sure if I should put it in this thread or somewhere else...

I've been in Europe for the last 5 months and have numerous rolls of 120 that I have not developed. I am going back to the states in a couple weeks and am wondering what you guys recommend to get the film back without it getting fucked up? In my carry on, in my checked baggage, something else? Thanks in advance.

If you brought the film with you in your checked bags, it was likely ruined before it was shot. The X-Rays used for checked bags are strong enough to ruin film. CarryOn X-Rays are fine for film, unless you do more than five of them, in which case you should request a hand check of your film.

If you brought the film with you in your checked bags, it was likely ruined before it was shot. The X-Rays used for checked bags are strong enough to ruin film. CarryOn X-Rays are fine for film, unless you do more than five of them, in which case you should request a hand check of your film.

Thanks. I carried it on on my way over, so I'll do the same on the way back. I should only have to go through one X-ray, so it should be fine.

Dont mean to shit up the thread. but just to report back if anyone is interested

But I found 4 ways:

1) Put a 2 stop ND filter on the lens(easiest), but you compromise autofocus because the sx-70 is an SLR

2) Put a 1 stop ND filter on the lens, and change replace the 1stop nd glass covering the expore meter with a clear glass, more work, but autofocus isnt compromised as much

3) Tamper with the electronic circuit board of the SX-70 to expose for 600 film correctly, most expensive option

4) get a 2 stop ND gel filter to cover the polaroid film itself. Probably the cheapest option and requires the least work. I think im gonna go with this

How does it ruin unused film?

a few that i've printed - im new to printing, its so much fun tho.. it definitely takes time and many sheets of paper to get a nice print though

3602256877_802e92031d.jpg

3602256637_f78e51d7ed.jpg

==break==

Nuu Theme

3603069824_bcf62f2a18.jpg

This one looks better in person, its way dark simply scanned.

3603069274_1c0f31058e.jpg