Redstar that is all great work.

I disagree.

Although the photos are better than some others, I think in many there are improvements that can be made.

1: The shirt is in focus, but not the face of the subject. And the bokeh on the lens you are using sucks--it is often not circular and has a distinct outline making it look like a condom ring. The focus issue is technical, and the bokeh is inherent to the lens.

2: The exposure and colors are nice, but the female in the foreground should not have moved at all because that motion blur is distracting on the main subject and the background though it does look like an oil, you can't really tell what the hell is going on. If you were to shoot another shot like that, have the girl not move at all and then you have some contrast between the subject and background, as it is, it's just a long shutter abstract.

3: I like the mood of this picture, but there is too much contrast in this picture and the highlight on the subject's right shoulder is has no detail, just blaring white. I like the texture on the hair, but I'd be interested in what the photo as shot was like

4: I like the lines in the bench and the figure placement. Depth of field is nice too, but I'd like the very right of the frame to be in sharp focus as well, maybe a crop would help. This print though looks a little thin, maybe overexposed shot or over-developed, I'm not sure, but the border around the picture is black, but there is no black in the actual picture. Also, the sky needs to be burned

5: Exposure looks good, but what is that in the bottom right and bottom of the frame. There is just this blurry white hand in the bot. right corner. And on along the bottom it is just very fuzzy. Also it's a little dark in the top left making it difficult to determine the expression/body language of the subject

6: I like the expression of the subject and the texture of the fur-trimmed coat. But the huge white blurry blobs in the background are very distracting and takeaway the attention of the viewer from the girl. The background should be burned or the girl's face dodged because right now, the face is just kinda grey. Also the placement is weird with the lone ear in the left of the frame.

7: The backdrop is interesting with all of those intersecting straight lines in different angles, but there is visible barrel distortion in the lens you are using which is made obvious by all the straight lines especially of the pipe on the left. Moreover, it looks like the print was not completely aligned to the plane of the light and that has also skewed the image.

Overall, nice work, but definitely, improvements can be made in shot selection, composition, printing/processing, etc.

favorites from 2 recent rolls. delta 400 and FP4

This is FP4:

I could've standed to use a longer exposure but i didnt have a tripod and had to use the railing on the bridge - i think this was a 1/4 or 1/8 second exposure.

3524510120_2d96cee911.jpg

3523702143_97ce63e4c6.jpg

Im gonna try printing this one, burning and dodging, never done it before haha im a noob..

3524509726_c0199a6cc3.jpg

3524509002_664f01466f.jpg

3523699259_19b196cb00.jpg

Begin Delta 400:

Used "silky soft" filter lol or somethign like that.. i kinda like it especially with a moderately grainy film - the effect is more prominent in the bigger sized images. or the prints

3524454572_dcfba956ba.jpg

3523646103_c00ffd75cd.jpg

3523645529_9da48a7e68.jpg

3524452746_c98629c2b6.jpg

Hipster glasses..

3524452518_1ba63b50cc.jpg

3524451952_5d40c12806.jpg

3523643273_0febc227bd.jpg

3524450126_a628af2a36.jpg

3524244520_412896e3bb.jpg

3524243812_15f35c1b7b.jpg

jewbagel, with the exception of the underexposure in #5 that series looks great. All of the photos in bright light look perfect, I like the mood and model expression in the first, the texture of the white tees in the third, depth of field in the stocking pic. Top notch