Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

Just received a pair of 103xx, unfortunately for me they're just a bit to big. If anyone is interested in a pair size 34, hit me up. Will post in marketplace at some point.

Too bad, bradl...I still have a fairly new pair in W32 somewhere, if you need them for cheap?

Like I said before, for the 103XX I sized down 1 to a W31 (or 2 considering that I'm actually more like a true 33") in the past and it seems that this is still true with the more recent lots.

Edited by Foxy2

Yeah, I totally guessed wrong. I assumed since I had a 33 in the x's-33 which was based off of the 103, I could do a 34. But I also think my measurements have changed since I last checked. But yeah, I think sizing down two would be viable. I might take you up on that, just have to find someone to pick up mine first.

Damn, decided to test out washing my SD-103s in an actual washing machine (only done hand washes in the tub so far) and I ended up with some unsightly washer marks. Kind of disappointed. It's not terrible, only really noticeable if you're looking for it but it's bothering me.

Anyone have tips on avoiding that? I turned them inside out, ran it on the "delicates" setting and pulled before spin cycle. My washer is an ancient machine in my apartment building, could be that mine doesn't have all the fancy new settings and things that more modern ones do.

Damn, decided to test out washing my SD-103s in an actual washing machine (only done hand washes in the tub so far) and I ended up with some unsightly washer marks. Kind of disappointed. It's not terrible, only really noticeable if you're looking for it but it's bothering me.

Anyone have tips on avoiding that? I turned them inside out, ran it on the "delicates" setting and pulled before spin cycle. My washer is an ancient machine in my apartment building, could be that mine doesn't have all the fancy new settings and things that more modern ones do.

hand wash or try a gentler machine washer seem to be the must useful tips, there's also a dedicated jeans washing thread with a lot of new and timely information about jeans washing

Thanks guys, I think I'll just stick to hand washing from now on, at least until my jeans have faded to a point that the washer marks won't be an issue!

from experience, handwashing is tough stuff...

my washing machine is a bitch, honestly. but with the right settings my jeans get no harm. would you mind posting a pic of these marks? i think they come from a too harsh/fast spinning cycle. no spinning, or 400 rounds should work pretty decent!

It's hard to capture photographs as they're just a few light creases/marks in random spots on the legs.

d9SiX2Y.jpg

This appears to be the most concentrated spot, with lots of little marks underneath the back pocket area.

Even if there is minor un wanted creases/fades they will wear away with time. Have a pretty prominent one on my 710 ogs down both legs, but with time they'll wear away and will hardly be noticeable

kss447 Looking great already!!

Rock them hard for ever

Thanks fellas, but there's little spots down the front thighs as well. As I said, it's not bad and really only noticeable to me and no one else. It just bugs me!

This hasn't totally turned me against machine washes, I just think in the future I'll wait until they're a little more faded. These are at a little over 3 months right now.

• 4 weeks later...

The fabric is woven with more irregularities than 10x series but not overly so. The weft has a slight brownish tone also. It is very soft to touch.

It has a fairly low rise and small top block, so I don't recommend down size more than 1.

It is also slimmer than my Okinawa.

Measurement:

Waist: 15.7"

Front rise: 10"

Back rise: 13.5"

Thigh: 10.4"

Knee: 8"

Leg Opening: 7.6"

Inseam(after hemming): 31.5"

• 2 weeks later...

FOR SALE: Studio D'artisan D1627 jeans, BNWT size 32.

£120 plus shipping and PayPal fees

- 15.5oz slubby, neppy denim with a slight greencast

- 101 cut

- Half-lined back pockets

- Selvage fly

- Universal rivets

- Orange selvage

- One wash

Measurements (BiG style):

- Waist: 32"

- Front rise: 11.25"

- Back rise: 15.5"

- Thigh: 13"

- Hem: 8.8"

- Inseam: 35

image_8.jpg

image_9.jpg

image_10.jpg

image_11.jpg

image_12.jpg

image_13.jpg

Here's a link to the D1627 if you're interested:

http://www.sonofastag.com/collections/studio-d-artisan/products/studio-dartisan-d1627-jeans

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Aah my size. But I'm looking for a unwashed one since quite some time!! 

• 2 weeks later...

New SDA D1672 that I got in for DWC. First impressions are that I am in love. It has been a while, only 10 months but feels like a long time, since I got a crisp pair of denim in the mail. But was definitely stoked on these, my first pair that I would consider unique, and too many details to say in a single breath. I was disappointed that I could have gone down a size though, as I was hoping to use these without a belt. I might send Steven at RFG a message and see if there is any way we could do something with this waist band and down size it. Another thing I did notice that was the coin pocket is different from the stock photos, no complaint at all, but wonder why the change (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vsKDurRPyck/VT9AWu3IFsI/AAAAAAAAEyQ/FTYiGZQe_X4/s1600/010.png). The fit doesn't go the greatest with the sneakers I currently have, but I think in a few months once the denim has settled and it's gone through a wash it will drape a lot nicer. Also they're OW.

Don't mind the floor, we just got all of our stuff that was left behind in our move, after 7 months so it's mostly just landed on the floor/under the bed.....

JJJ06T5.jpgWRUQq36.jpgTjGamp4.jpg5TiixgD.jpgQVRQw76.jpgnbst83e.jpgL3jeIDv.jpg

FHmi9Fv.jpg

Edited by bradl

Yeah I love the fit too, just was hoping to not need a belt. I wrapped the cinch up tight and it seems to have done the trick. But the 32 and 33 have nearly identical measurements, maybe .5-1 cm difference throughout so the rest of the fit would look quite similar, just a nice snug waist.