Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

They look great BM, they're now at the stage where some dedicated wear will really take them forward. However, now that summer is here and the fact that you maintain a large rotation probably doesn't bode well for that idea!

I ordered a pair of SD-103s last week from Denimio (superb service) and they arrived on Monday. I gave them an hour's hot soak and they barely shrank at all; once they were dry I turned them inside out and put them on a 40-degree wash with no spin, which did the trick. They're the loosest / baggiest of my slim-straight jeans, but it's good to have a bit of variety and the quality is superb.

14349942114_680d4f364b_s.jpg20140605_082906 by tizwiz78, on Flickr

14164306707_8a116b86b6_s.jpg20140605_082830 by tizwiz78, on Flickr

Hi, does anyone have information on the cotton used in Studio D'artisan's SD-10x jeans? eg. 101, 103, 107?

Most sites seem to just say 15oz 100% cotton, but is it Zimbabwe cotton?

Just wondering as SDA jeans are known to fade slow and if this is due to the cotton used?

Saw the 35th anniversary denim on Pants Shop Avenue

What is the story behind that arcuate? I remember seeing those on some past releases...

That is one of the original arcs, if not the original. Correct me if I am wrong though.

Same arcs as on my D01-30th anniversary...

^^

it's quite easy.. maybe the most difficult thing is the store is not right on the side of the street, but behind it. There's an aisle to get in. But, if i'm not mistaken, they have a sign board in front of the entrance (which is right on side of the street). So, you have to find that one. 

Basically, the store is located in shopping area called Nishi-ku. So, it will be not that difficult. When you have a chance, take a visit to Real McCoy's Store in that area too, crazy great! Also, The Flat head Osaka, which is the biggest TFH flagship store in Japan. CMIIW.

If you're lucky enough, you may be able to meet Yuji-san, he is the key person of SDA.

hope this help!

It is a bit of a bastard to find. Though walking round that whole area is nice. If you miss the sign outside then you're buggered.

Though if you get to America mura then you're not too far. Ask someone and you'll get there. Or google maps is your friend

• 2 weeks later...

More details and pics of the D01-35th are out.

http://dartisanblog.blogspot.jp/2014/06/35.html?m=1

Looks very much like the D01-30th - can't wait for my pair to arrive.

Sizing chart on the SDA chart looks a bit off, though...

Did you order from SDA direct...?

I wonder if B.I.G will stock them stateside.

Trying to resist buying a pair since they just wouldn't get worn but I do like the pictures.

35 years is a hell of an accomplishment.

Did you order from SDA direct...?

I wonder if B.I.G will stock them stateside.

Trying to resist buying a pair since they just wouldn't get worn but I do like the pictures.

35 years is a hell of an accomplishment.

Did order through Take5.

This is the size chart I was initially given to chose my size:

e3899b4a61795a390853b1536133b1f0_zpsf9c7

Here is the chart that SDA put up on their site a few days ago:

46f551bce22730686559a234308bd92c_zpseca9

There is about 1 size difference between these two charts, as if one is raw measurements and the other after washing.

Anyhow, I should receive mine sometime this week - then we'll know for sure...

They shrunk a ton - stretching them now...

Initial impression: tight and short top block after soaking/washing - feels much tighter and shorter rise than my D01-30th.

Pics and measurements towards the weekend.