Eternal Jeans

minya

• 3 weeks later...

So Ive been thinking about ordering a pair of 883s from denimio and was wondering if anyone has had any experience ordering from them, also maybe looking for some help on sizing them right (these are the one wash version). Looking to get a fit that is just as roomy in the top block and thighs as my sz 32 Left Field Greasers (they are the 23oz and havent stretched that much). The measurements for those are:

Waist: 32"

Front Rise: 11.25"

Back Rise: 15.25"

Thigh: 12.25"

Knee: 8.5"

Hem: 7.5"

Inseam: 36"

Any help/advice would be greatly welcomed.

guthriegking,

I own both in 32 too. I don't have the measurements right now but will try to take them later. From my point of view, the 883s are much tighter pretty much everywhere but the waist compared to the Greasers. Plus, they don't stretch much (wearing them for few months now...). That said, I really dig the slimmer fit of the Eternal, plus the denim is amazing.

guthriegking,

I own both in 32 too. I don't have the measurements right now but will try to take them later. From my point of view, the 883s are much tighter pretty much everywhere but the waist compared to the Greasers. Plus, they don't stretch much (wearing them for few months now...). That said, I really dig the slimmer fit of the Eternal, plus the denim is amazing.

If you could get measurements that would be awesome! I would just mainly like to have a little room in the thigh seeing how Ive been putting on a lot of size in my thighs due to weight lifting and wouldn't want to risk them being too tight in the next few months (I still have plenty of room in my greasers) and I don't think the 0.4 inch diff in thigh would really make too much of a difference.

Hey guys, may be dipping my toes into Eternals for the first time. Looking at a pair of 811 o/w they're a size 32 and have a 30" waist. Trying to get an idea of how much I can expect them to stretch after some wear.

My 888s were raw and continued to shrink with frequent washing and I found it rather hard to stretch them back. From my memory (it's been over 2 years) they didn't go back to prewash size. If your 32s were 32" before the wash, I think you could expect them to stretch to 31". Maybe some other can share their experience too.

I bought some 874s back in 2009 and they would stretch beyond their raw size (32), partly because they were low-waisted anyway so worn across the hips. I've never experienced a pair of jeans that can't get back to their raw waist size with wear.

^ Eternal denim is one of my favorites!

Great roping you've got going there.

I'll definitely be getting a pair of 811's after the Momotaro BOM001 "Midnight Warriors" I'm working on right now.

got called out in the how do jeans fit thread for bumping it up without pics so i took new pics tonight. figured i would share them here too

all fits can be found here

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/7076-how-do-jeans-fit-description-and-pictures/page-127#entry3145858

811 contest jeans. size 30 TTS hot wash and hemmed

eternal_zps354c69a1.jpg

Edited by chantheman

Just received my o/w 883s today and the thighs feel a little tight, wondering if anyone could comment on if they will stretch or not? or if I should maybe size up?

16140836270_18191452f2_c.jpgPhoto on 1-20-15 at 2.29 PM by guthrieking1, on Flickr

16140837380_d3c622e002_c.jpgPhoto on 1-20-15 at 2.30 PM by guthrieking1, on Flickr

15708306293_1095061965_c.jpgPhoto on 1-20-15 at 2.30 PM #3 by guthrieking1, on Flickr

The top block feels plenty roomy its literally just like the middle of my thigh that is a little bit tight.

Edited by guthriegking

Thanks max, I ended up just wearing them for the rest of the day yesterday and since the waist stretched a bit I'm able to wear them a half inch lower and the thighs are already feeling less tight. It was just this like inch wide spot in the middle of the thighs that felt a little tight, not too worried about because my thighs are bigger right now than they will be in the coming months since I don't go to the gym as much in the summer. Hopefully I bargained right because this cut is perfect everywhere else!

Guthriegking,

Sorry mate, had to leave for work so couldn't help you at all on this one. But to me they look just fine. Hopefully, the waist will stretch a fair bit and the thighs to a certain extand too.... That was nearly the fit I had on those before starting breaking them. To me it's a nice slim fit that you got here!

• 5 weeks later...

i have 32" waist, is it right if i choose size 30 for 811 one wash? or maybe i should choose size 31 if i want slimmer fit?

i wear size 31 on my IH-666L

go for 883 if you want slimmer fit. i find the 811 to be a bit more roomy on the thighs (with some hip flare). i wear 32 on my IH666 and 33 for my 883. 

• 2 weeks later...