TCB: happy jeans contest

aho

It's the jacket pattern. Fairly long for a type II standard. It has it's pros and cons though, works great with untucked shirts for example. I don't mind that extra bit of lenght, I've got used to it. When I need it to be shorter and buttoned sometimes I close it til the last button and fold it inwards like this:

AD26E4B3-77E1-4B18-AAE2-1A1060861F73_zps

Edited by volvo240thebest

i could mention everything else but i try not to get caught up in this consumerism. at the moment im just very big on "alternative living" and my cause is all about environmental sustainability. i only buy unionmade miu miu and 7 for all mankind.

good eye about the background, this is actually one of the better whiskey bars around singapore.

Another great two pages while I've been gone. Good work everyone! Erk, I can't believe the evo you have on those jeans from salary man wear. Looking very promising.

It was a pleasure to see Ranon again this past week in Singapore. God, that place is friggin' hot! I've come back with a terrible head cold which I'm attributing to the extreme heat and air-con messing with my system. The trip was for work so I've not got any good update pictures other than the bro shot you see above, sadly.

hahaha! I've been compared to many people over the years. when I was living in Ireland about ten yrs ago everybody was calling me the Italian Jack Osbourne. I'm much more glad to be compared to Mr Lucas in fairness! I'd be very happy to swap my bank account with his!

here's my alter ego rocking proudly the dad style loose jean fit/western boot combo, showing us all how it's done!

lucas_zps23tenkh5.jpg

Edited by volvo240thebest

So I rolled the dice and picked up the last 50's cut in size 36 from Tuckshop. Even after reading this thread, I'm still pretty confused about sizing. My best fitting current pair are 19oz Samurai S510's in size 34. Do you think the 36's will be massively huge on me? Already planning on a good hot soak (possibly even a machine wash), and tumble dry to get all of the shrink out. They were sold out of 34, so it was 36 or something else. 

Any input is appreciated, and thanks guys!

they shrink from tag size.  My tagged 35 usually measure at about 32 right out of a hot wash in the machine.  They stretch out pretty easily.  Expect roughly 3" of inseam shrink as well.  They are the polar opposite of fit when compared to Samurai 710's.  (I have a pair of 710's that I sized up one)

I think they may be big on you. 

you might end up getting a little more shrinkage out of the TCBs than samurai, but at the waist its of no consequence. Mine stretched back to raw size in probably an hour. 

what does your waist measure? 

So I rolled the dice and picked up the last 50's cut in size 36 from Tuckshop. Even after reading this thread, I'm still pretty confused about sizing. My best fitting current pair are 19oz Samurai S510's in size 34. Do you think the 36's will be massively huge on me? Already planning on a good hot soak (possibly even a machine wash), and tumble dry to get all of the shrink out. They were sold out of 34, so it was 36 or something else. 

Any input is appreciated, and thanks guys!

they shrink from tag size.  My tagged 35 usually measure at about 32 right out of a hot wash in the machine.  They stretch out pretty easily.  Expect roughly 3" of inseam shrink as well.  They are the polar opposite of fit when compared to Samurai 710's.  (I have a pair of 710's that I sized up one)

Thanks for the feedback. So I should be ok w/ the 36 it sounds like? I've never tried Samurai 710's, only the 510's. My waist measures somewhere between 35-36". Most of my best-fitting jeans measure at about 17.5" across when laid flat. Does anyone have a 50's cut in size 36 that they could possibly measure for me?