Tender Co. Denim

braille_teeth

Dropped in to Trunk today, really liked the cream cotton twill fabric. I came away with a pair of the strap back trousers to add to the collection !

Really good to have a good store in London stocking tender. Makes it a lot easier to get the sizing right ( usually a 5, but was a 4 in these).

Will post a close up of the twill (unless William does first), the texture is amazing.

Are the pyjama trousers suitable for 'outside' wear during summer? Or too thin/revealing?

They should be ok. They're quite slim fitting, so you might want to go up a size. I'm wearing mine now, in fact, with boxers underneath, and I'd be happy to walk out the door like this (if it was a bit warmer).

Trunk, again, has some good modelled photos up:

12873301345_a3da5f872b_z.jpg

There aren't any fly buttons, but the fly is short enough, and wide enough, that it's not going to gape open.

Hope this helps!

Damn those pyjama trousers look amazing!

US stores still haven't post them up yet...

Can you post pictures of the top?

^thanks for this! No matching shirt per se, although the main season shirts, such as this one at Context:

4401.jpg

are made from the same fabric. The idea with the pyjama pants is that they could be worn with a Tshirt around the house, or dressed up with some outerwear for wearing outside.

Incidentally, to put my money where my mouth is, I wore mine out yesterday, with a pullover to get a coffee and the paper in the morning, and then later with an overcoat to take the baby out for a walk. Didn't feel self-conscious either time!

hey guys,

got my little stash in the mail today.

940 woad firemans's jacket. it's a 3 which is a little big but i'm alright with a little slouch with this cut. i may hem the sleeves as i've got a double-cuff goin' at the moment. i don't really mind that either. lovely cut. insanely beautiful fabric. one of my favorite tender pieces. see the daylight photos for better color. as with my other two shirts with this collar construction, the right part of the collar  has trouble laying flat. does anyone else have that happen? do i need to buy an iron? William, do you have a recommendation for irons?

enjoying my black squared off shades too. happy and lucky to have them in tortoise as well.

i also got two sleeper shirts. i thought these would be too big but they are spot on! one of the best fitting shirts i've ever come across. the size medium fits me perfect. i'm usually a small or size (2) in most things (gitman etc). I have blue and green. I don't really need both, if someone wants to get their hands on some Sleeper and see how great these fit, PM me.

These are great pieces as always, william. I recommend that the rest of you head over to http://www.tenderstores.com/type-940-woad-dyed-canvas-firemans-jacket/ to see if there are any left in your size.

i still haven't done a full write-up of my FW13 super scoop. soon.

F1423A34-BD1C-436B-8537-C9426390E38F_zps

[/url]

44BCBBAD-1838-40DB-B1A2-AE62C028672F_zps

BCC2B8D1-8809-4DF1-8D6A-D054C92FB33C_zps

D532EB66-D7FE-4987-AFC3-9D5A19F8D8AF_zps

17D9A74F-D1EE-457F-A971-C823C5E74F9D_zps

4F36C0F5-0046-4AB9-B6B9-DBBEA5FFF54B_zps

662202D1-FD88-402F-BEA2-099115866F7E_zps

Edited by satchelbmoore

Wow! Thank you! Everything looks great on you! I'm not surprised your a size up in Sleeper from Tender- it's sized explicitly for Japan, whereas Tender is just Japan-friendly  :)  The sleeve of the linen is already looking fantastic- it'll be great to see how it wears. The collar flip you're getting is because there's no collar stand and the collar comes quite close to the edge of the front wrap. It's something I've seen on vintage garments and always quite liked. If it bothers you you could iron it- try to stretch out the collar a bit which the iron- a longer collar will sit round the neck flatter than a short collar.

I like the cuffs rolled back! But a contrast jeans hem chainstitch on them would be a nice personalisation, too

Jacket looks great, I like it all but am especially jealous of the jacket. I'm super tall and most the jackets are too short for me, I wish I could find a nice long one. This one fits perfectly on you, nice finds!

ps I got the pyjama pants in ecru the other day and they are really great. I wouldn't hesitate to wear them outside by any means. The only surprise about them was the length. For most of you it will probably be perfect, for me, it's a little short. Besides that they are extremely comfortable and I'm glad I got them.

Edited by jason995511

so dope! i just scooped a rinsed pair of 129 to beat up until i can get some repairs into my 129 woads. great inspiration!

this thread should never be on the second page. let's see those 130s again...

Type 130 Indigo over dyed. 2 years of wear.

image-15.jpg

image-11.jpg

Used some of the tender fabric I recieved with a woggle a while ago to patch up the knee on these.

image-10.jpg

image-12.jpg

image-13.jpg

image-14.jpg

The watches are beautiful William, kudos

thank you! It was so nice seeing them out in the wild. Amazingly, here are some more…..:

Nigel Cabourn new women's shop buyer:

13239356873_5fbf216a49_c.jpg

A customer at The Tastemakers store in Shibuya:

13239352263_b8b5b9b65f_c.jpg

Shop staff at Soe in Daikanyama (a lovely shop, and their own brand's fantastic):

13239161585_2ebf11a645_c.jpg

So I'm wading through all of the paperwork in the aftermath of my trip to Tokyo, and also checking back through the photos I took. Here are a few more nice ones:

The boss of Jumble, the show I was in, wearing his woad 130s

13239466254_b0b8035281_z.jpg

A pair of wattle twill 138s, on the Tastemakers' boss (much more of her soon!):

13239474334_d5dea6bc34_z.jpg

A beautifully worn 920 wattle denim jacket on one of the owners of Brown & Seedling:

13239296693_428121fbff_z.jpg

and a linen 420 shirt on her husband:

13239149115_e14b071ba4_z.jpg

They asked me to handwrite on some 100 year old vintage cloth for labels in their garments:

13239150295_e8ee8560e1_z.jpg

Here's Akira, Tender's Japanese agent, in ecru twill 132s, sized up, a double navy wool jacket from A/W12, and a grey pullover from A/W13:

13239310443_091538f86a_z.jpg

and here's a waywt in a green sleeper jacket, woad pullover, mattress ticking 420 shirt, gin clear frames, and new shape prototype sample jeans:

13239310223_cfa6a4832a_z.jpg

The watches really seem to have caught on in Japan! And with good reason as they're lovely, I hope to be able to afford one some day! I recently bought an ecru butterfly shirt in size 1 and ecru strap back jeans in size 2. Both are items are incredibly lovely, but alas the butterfly shirt was just too big for my preference even in a size 1, so returned it. Shame as it's a wonderful piece, would look great with a woad tail shirt underneath it.

The strap back trousers are really great, that twill is next level! And reassuringly thick despite being made for S/S, which I appreciate. They were initially slightly more loose in the leg than I expected judging from fit pics on websites, but I was ok with it.  However I recently wore them with my woad dyed Tender vest and they got some bleed on them (first thing I've noticed getting any on), so subsequently gave them a 40 degree wash and they've slimmed down and also shortened so there's less stacking and they fit like they do on the model on the Branch website. I'm pretty pleased with this as while I'm an advocate of loose trousers, white trousers for me look better slimmer. Only criticism are a fair few loose threads, though I'm never sure with Tender pieces whether they are deliberately left (as part of the rugged aesthetic?) or simply a sloppy oversight, I noticed some seemingly questionable (or maybe "rugged"?) stitch work particularly on the butterfly shirt (as well as plenty of buttons getting caught in loose threads in the button holes). The stuff is still absolutely ace though of course! And I still need to gush over my beaverteen 133's at some point!

^Thanks MA  :)

I do actually leave loose threads on on purpose- I've always kind of liked it on old garments that have this. I know not everyone appreciates it, and I have agonised over it, but then I remember how upset I was once when I went to visit a tailor friend of mine (a long time ago) and he absent-mindedly reached out with a pair of shears and chopped off the hanging threads on the sleeve of a vintage chore jacket I was wearing...

Glad you're enjoying your trousers! And sorry the shirt was too big for you.

ok, so my tender wardrobe is growing.  what do you all think of the beaverteen or moleton?  does it wear well?

Edited by srudy