Tender Co. Denim

braille_teeth

Rodeobill thought that dropping a loops belt into a vat of logwood dye would be an interesting experiment, so I put an order in through the Tender Stores on Friday, and this turned up today.

132_with_belt.jpg

The belt is a few shades darker than I expected, but it'll be interesting to see how it evolves. I guess it's going to shed some dye, and the smooth back will fade more than the rough-out face.

Thanks for the photo! Your jeans are looking lovely- this is the first worn pair of the blackouts I've seen. Makes me think it might be worth another run at some point….

The belt dye came out really well, I thought. It is darker than other things I've dyed, partly I think because I used a but more dye than previously, but also the leather was particularly receptive to it, maybe because it was less heavily oiled than the wallets. That said, there's definitely quite a bit of dye still on the surface- as you say, the grain side should go a bit browner with some wear. Keep us posted!

The packing material which we use on the Trestle Shop and for accessories on Tender Stores is cut from blankets used by antique dealers to transport furniture. We live quite close to an auction house, and I've seen porters bringing things in and out wrapped up in this fabric, and always liked it. Structurally, it's a loose felt of mixed recycled fibres (multiple colours, you sometimes get a brighter coloured patch, or some metallic threads). The fibre is held in place with a basic quilting in a zigzag stitch. I originally thought it would be interesting to use for a jacket lining, but you can't really sew it, and it falls apart the first time it comes into contact with water- makes nice packing though! Very glad you appreciate it- thank you

Hey Bill

Will any of your Brit stockists be taking the tee in chlorophyll? Hoping it's not just the Americans and Japanese with the sharpest buyers.

Also anything Sleeper for SS coming to these shores?

Thanks

thanks for this. I'm sorry to say those Ts didn't stay in England. They're only at Hickoree's, Up There in Melbourne, and a couple of stores in Japan. The long sleeve version is at Unionmade, SF, Sculp, in Seoul, and some Japanese stores. Sleeper will be arriving at Peggs & Son (and Hickoree's) in the next couple of weeks. I kept a hold of the green broken twill jacket sample for myself, I'm really enjoying it! 

13422542505_55ae2174f4_c.jpg

Edited by rodeo bill

Speaking of Hickoree's, I realise a lot of people are probably on their mailing list already (if not, I recommend it, they do really nice write-ups), but in case people haven;t seen the latest, here it is (sorry it's screenshots, for some reason I couldn't copy it in direct):

13422748043_1226fc605f_o.png

13422747973_8a840a64db_o.png

13422992124_a2fff4613d_o.png

13422628455_da24d2b363_o.png

13422628315_4d4eafaa65_o.png

13422747653_5365ff7434_o.png

13422628045_66791d0a8d_o.png

thanks for this. I'm sorry to say those Ts didn't stay in England. They're only at Hickoree's, Up There in Melbourne, and a couple of stores in Japan. The long sleeve version is at Unionmade, SF, Sculp, in Seoul, and some Japanese stores. Sleeper will be arriving at Peggs & Son (and Hickoree's) in the next couple of weeks. I kept a hold of the green broken twill jacket sample for myself, I'm really enjoying it! 

Thanks for replying, though I'm gutted not to be able to get one of those tees. I shall console myself with that Sleeper jacket if I can find it.

I have some Tender items for sell if anyone is interested.

Unfortunately I have to sell off some older items to pay off the newer Tender pieces I recently purchased.

I have the following for sell:

TYPE 420 RED CHECK HORSE BLANKET LONG SLEEVE TAIL SHIRT size 3

TENDER TAIL SHIRT in RUST size 3

everything is immaculate

contact me for photos and prices

^^St199ML, i'm happy to ship a tee out to you.

BlackBlue just got a lovely shipment from Tender.

Socks, Butterfly shirts and Tees in Woad, Ecru, Wattle and Chlorophyll

130s in unborn denim, wattle and chlorophyll twill

4 styles of glasses

as always it's incredible.

William, the box BARELY made it to minnesota. our UPS guy was like "...uhhh...an 80lbs box for you guys just exploded in the back of my truck. come check it out." luckily, it was all there.

here's a few shots of our intern, Kristina and I trying on some of the lovely Chlorophyll stuff. the brilliant green (as always hard to truly capture with an iPhone) was so welcome yesterday in our dear dreary and snowy st. paul.

7538E634-EF8C-45FE-A8AF-D7902D5A6B0C_zps

A38E27CA-DB64-42EC-AB51-83DCF685ECD5_zps

28EE686A-09DB-4359-8005-12FE873F433B_zps

7E76F7B5-EA92-4DA7-8153-CB59143F8559_zps

butterfly shirt and my 129 rinsed.

8790A822-BAF4-4E73-B7A7-58D1729809B5_zps

Edited by satchelbmoore

Should I just bite the bullet and make that Calico Stripe Butterfly Shirt my first piece from Tender?! I keep going back to the listing on Hickoree's, looks to be ideal!

I'm about 5'8" tall, 160 lbs. Any recommendations on sizing?

Edited by whozdrew?

drew, do it. otherwise someone else will get it and that wouldn't be ideal. the fit on those is great. they seem to run a little smaller than my previous Tender button downs which is great.

Should I just bite the bullet and make that Calico Stripe Butterfly Shirt my first piece from Tender?! I keep going back to the listing on Hickoree's, looks to be ideal!

I'm about 5'8" tall, 160 lbs. Any recommendations on sizing?

I'm 5'9 and 155 and I wear size 2. The shirt is described as a relaxed fit so you should be safe.

I'm 5'9 and 155 and I wear size 2. The shirt is described as a relaxed fit so you should be safe.

me too. exactly. 5'8" 160.  see above picture for fit of a size 2 butterfly.

Already posted this to reddit, but I thought I'd share it here.

Just received a type 900 jacket from eBay and couldn't be more pleased. It's beautiful.

Hpqpv14l.jpg

lBf2kq0l.jpg

VNsiWTpl.jpg

ndUhWXZl.jpg

the only thing that sort of dissapointed me was the faded creases that go along the entire arms.

gT6nFanl.jpg

it seems i am cursed to forever have jackets with this issue. but i have accepted it.

embrace the fades! that means those are processed by hand and not some machine! wear it until they're gone!

Satchel, thank you for the photos! Your store's looking fantastic :). I'm so sorry the box split- it made up heavier than I expected… glad everything got to you safe, though. I hope you get to keep a hold of a butterfly shirt- the fit's great on you.

Fineart, thanks for the pictures, too. Really nice to see one of those guys again- takes me back! As Satchel says, the fades on the sleeves are from where it went through a mangle to get the excess water out of he fabric during dyeing. They'll fade as it gets older.

Sorry for the lack of updates in the last few days- we're in the process of moving house. Very exciting, but time-consuming. The Shop and Stores will have their own proper stock room, now, though, and I have a lovely space to spread out in and set up a cutting table. Back to normal soon!

Quick side question, didn't you used to post in the home made jeans section here rodeo bill?

How did you go from making jeans at home to your own brand?

if you want the long answer, what he said^^

the short answer is yes, I started off posting a homemade jeans project (having been around on other threads for a while before). At that point I was already working as a designer for another jeans brand, but my homemade jeans were strictly personal. It took about a year, I think, from when I was making jeans at home to leaving my job and starting up Tender. A few of the details on that original home-made pair are still there on my jeans now  :)

^awesome! looking good suzie!

took some pictures last week.

my rinsed 129s are fading/shaping up nicely only after a couple weeks! here's some sudden (and awesome) fades from shoveling a nice 12" of snow last week here in MN. Insane contrast and shows the possibilities for contrast from rinsed denim.

C8CA7062-5801-419D-B7C5-21AF9E1D77DC_zps

D04B7670-1427-4F01-90F6-FED711825923_zps

BlackBlue employee, Andrew, rockin' some pyjamas standing next to a lot of beautiful tender shirt options:

B02D19C4-0E1A-4142-837A-EDA0AC099BD6_zps

BlackBlue outdoor trip leader and spirit guide, Andrew, schooling us on mines and their environmental impact. those chlorophyll 130s are incredible!

13F47C21-8452-4926-B78D-328D08629FD4_zps