Tender Co. Denim

braille_teeth

Has the trestle shop got planned any Rough side Logwood dyed wallets? 

cheers

:ph34r: 

A

So, your wish is my command. Today I pulled these out of stock:

12193345465_1ceda16bc9_z.jpg

and put them in to soak in a pot of mordant, which prepares the leather to take the dye:

12193331045_bdfd8dec66_z.jpg

12193744914_556dd984f4_z.jpg

12193918666_7f3c943790_z.jpg

now it's time for them to go into the logwood, also known as blood wood. Here's why!:

12193288955_495d67bcdb_z.jpg

12193534543_b6112f338f_z.jpg

the mordanted leather goes into the logwood dye:

12193489033_928f911da9_z.jpg

12193461703_a7956bfbc9_z.jpg

After a couple of hours submerged, I've drained them out and they're now sitting to dry very slowly, over the next couple of days, in a cool room, so that the leather doesn't crack:

12193813636_4525ee3468_z.jpg

Once they've thoroughly dried out, I'll have to re-grease the leather, with boot grease, to get it back up to its previous, supple, state. Photos of that and the finished articles in real time, when they're done!

12193468903_c44fe85e61_z.jpg

I only have one Tender stuff, being in Thailand it's so hard to get hold of them, but the one thing I do possess i do treasure dearly. 

tender belt. probably my favourite belt i have. unique buckle and wonderful leather. here's after 2-3 months of wear (initial coat of mink oil. urge, this was before i knew not to use mink oil.) age to a very beautiful ember brown. 

Belt-8.jpg

beautiful texture and colour. can't wait to see how it ages further. 

Belt-9.jpg

Too bad I didn't know about Tender when I studied in the UK. next time i visit there again i'll make sure to cop as much stuff as possible. 

^thanks DhaDha- missing photos, I hope you can reupload them :)

I'm just starting to send out boxes of the new production to shops, so a lot more in the next few weeks. As a quick first preview of a new product, here are the trousers I've been wearing a lot lately:

12221922726_95a799aeaa_z.jpg

12221699934_de117852ac_z.jpg

english custom-woven ecru cotton calico, cut with no side seam, a cross-over fly, and nice firm elastic at the waistband. There's a patch pocket on the back, and they're really comfy! When it gets warmer I think they'll be ok to go outside in, and in the meantime I've worn them under jeans a couple of times, too. They'll be in a few colours, of which more soon!

nice avatar! and thank you, your wallet looks lovely  :)

Let us know how you get on!

well it hasn’t done any harm (bee natural.)

it finishes like a varnish with a shine. Its supposed to be all natural. Interesting to try it anyhow. 

0427aa6f-da63-4765-99e3-b7b0baa7b974_zpsa0d19447-4e89-4424-a00e-2d210ba44c2e_zps

ps

was hoping some Rough Sides would show up, just not so quickly!

:ph34r:

thank you Jason! I'm tracking UPS parcels to the US, and I can see that Hickoree's have just received their first delivery (including these pants) and Unionmade's will arrive on Monday. You could contact either of these- I'm sure they'd be happy to help. More shops will be getting their deliveries in shortly  :)

^^thanks claw bytes :)  I'll get more details up asap- hopefully during this week

^ It'll be great to see them Jason! there's a guide to posting photos here. I use flickr- you upload your image into flickr, then you can copy that image (right click on the image, not an image preview, and hit 'copy image') then click the image button in the superfuture reply box (looks like a polaroid photo) and paste in the image from flickr. 

Holy sweet pants! Specs please!

Here are a few quick photos  :) (sorry for the crappy lighting, it's late….)

12275745384_100bc6288b_z.jpg

The elastic is quite firm, which means that when they're not worn the waist looks very small, but the pair I have is a size 4, and stretched out it measures 40" (comfortably stretched out it's about 35"). I wear size 5 jeans, and this size 4 pair of pyjamas is comfy, although I think a 5 would have been better.

The buttons are aluminium, covered in white linen. These are also on the new styles of shirt, and are nice because the dye really well, to match the rest of the garment:

12275814706_47f6f5c55b_z.jpg

There are two buttons at the front, either side of a wide cross-over fly. The cross-over's wide and short enough that you could wear them out with boxer shorts underneath and not worry about them gaping:

12275461243_b3f6cccb57_z.jpg

There's a size label and removable care label on the outside of the centre of the back. There's a single patch pocket on the right hip:

12275719144_2a10733fb0_z.jpg

The fabric is custom woven in England, and after rinsing or dyeing it shrinks to form a really nice cross-hatched texture:

12275434763_816041b06f_z.jpg

The inside leg seam is twin-needle feed sewn:

12275693824_9bd1ff48e3_z.jpg

As I think I mentioned above, it's been pretty cold in the UK for the last few weeks, so I've been wearing these out over a pair of boxers, but under my jeans, outside, and then inside just as lightweight pants. 

Thanks for the info, can you post some pictures of the matching shirt too?

I'll be picking those up within the next 2 weeks!

These pants look great, can't wait to see the spring/summer line.

I can't believe you don't see more of the wattle jeans out. I love mine. I also really like the wattle 420 shirt. I think at this point I'd buy anything wattled :)

I'll try to get some photos of the other tender items I have.

Oh man. Great outfit! ^^^

I dream of owning one of those unborn jackets. In Florida the heat was already in the 80s today. I think I wore my sweater only a couple days this year and now I'm already back to tees for the year.

More pics of the 900 though! It looks like its really great blue on the inside.. Did you dye it yourself? Or is that just from contact/washes?

Great outfit Jason995511, thank you for posting it! I'm really flattered and happy that you're enjoying your clothes.

Here's what I was doing yesterday afternoon….: packing up woad pyjama pants  :)

12318622603_e577e410ba_z.jpg

the stack of white things on the right is half-made shirts. When they're ready I'll take some photos

Hey William, thanks for the compliment.

Since I'm still new to Tender, how does releasing the new line work? Do you do it little by little or is it one big release?

Also when do you typically release the photo shoot of the new line?

Everything you've shown so far looks really great, can't wait to see the rest.

^thanks very much for this. New products get delivered to shops over a few weeks, once a season (twice a year)- some shops prefer one full delivery and some prefer to get each new item as it's ready. I sent off the first boxes of the first deliveries at the end of last week, and everything will be dispatched around the end of this month, so should all be available by early March. That said, special orders and collaborations or restocks turn up throughout the season too, so it's a bit difficult to give you a straight answer!

I think there'll be an introduction to the new production tomorrow or the next day on Lineage of Influence, so I'll leave it to Rob to give the first view, but I'll post some more images up here right after.

Once they've thoroughly dried out, I'll have to re-grease the leather, with boot grease, to get it back up to its previous, supple, state. Photos of that and the finished articles in real time, when they're done!

As promised, here's the follow-up:

The leather took a couple of days to fully dry out, ending up very crisp and hard (and brittle). This morning I gave everything a first coating of boot grease:

12324601205_b2ddf4d716_z.jpg

12325038424_b1e794e31d_z.jpg

12325031064_abc63d7d94_z.jpg

12324741073_6ea4996e09_z.jpg

by the afternoon, with a lot more rubbing in by hand, the leather was back to being lovely and supple, and the grease had mostly soaked in:

12325025914_0f5ff1fc18_z.jpg

I've given them a second deep coating, and polished them up, and they're now on the trestle shop:

logwood_suede_wallet_1__55891.1391616102

logwood_coin_purse_3__13258.1391616571.6