Tender Co. Denim

braille_teeth

Just recived my Hickoree exclusive matress ticking pyjama pants today... boy, is the waist band small! I feel like throwing up after wearing it for 30 minutes... :sad:

Just ordered my first pair of Tender Co pants from Unionmade..dark indigo, size 2. Any suggestions on wear/wash/do's and don't's????

Don't pamper them. Clothes are supposed to serve you, not the other way around. And with denim, they will reflect your living style so they'll gain character based on how you live. I like to dry them inside out since the pockets are also quite thick and take a while to dry.

Just recived my Hickoree exclusive matress ticking pyjama pants today... boy, is the waist band small! I feel like throwing up after wearing it for 30 minutes... :sad:

Great that you got a pair of pyjama pants- thank you! Sorry if they're a bit tight. The elastic is pretty firm, but should stretch out comfortably. I have a pair of size 4 (sample size) and I wear size 5 jeans but am fine with the 4s as pyjamas: they pinch a bit of I wear them with nothing underneath, as underwear, but with boxers underneath they're great. The elastic will soften up a bit after a few washes, so unless they're the wrong size through the rest of the garment I'd say you should give the a chance.

Love these- may I ask who makes the pouch on your belt and what you might use it for?  It looks like an odd shape, cylindrical? 

You're right! The belt pouch is also Tender, from Autumn/Winter 2011-  a while back now. It's cut from the same pattern that London Metropolitan Police handcuff pouches are made on, but made from oak bark tanned leather, with brass hardware. Thanks to you, and YxA, for the reminder, I have one that I haven't worn for a while- time to dig it out  :)

Just ordered my first pair of Tender Co pants from Unionmade..dark indigo, size 2. Any suggestions on wear/wash/do's and don't's????

Thank you! As the guys say, to each their own, and the special thing will be the wear and enjoyment that you put into them. I wash mine inside out and hang them to dry, but apart from that nothing particularly special for me. As has been said, post pictures!

Great that you got a pair of pyjama pants- thank you! Sorry if they're a bit tight. The elastic is pretty firm, but should stretch out comfortably. I have a pair of size 4 (sample size) and I wear size 5 jeans but am fine with the 4s as pyjamas: they pinch a bit of I wear them with nothing underneath, as underwear, but with boxers underneath they're great. The elastic will soften up a bit after a few washes, so unless they're the wrong size through the rest of the garment I'd say you should give the a chance.

Yeah, thanks. I'm wearing them right now. Though it's only going to be for short periods of time, hopefully, they'll stretch to size once the tempurature goes up to the 60's here. And I gotta say: I love the fabric. I'm making it a mission of mine to collect every different fabric you have. Next purchase, your shorts. 

Oh there is something else I want to ask you. The fabric on your regular pjyama pants... I saw a shirt version on superdenim and I was wondering which size to get. Do they shrink in the wash? I'm not exactly delicate on my clothes... wearing and washing wise.

Oh there is something else I want to ask you. The fabric on your regular pjyama pants... I saw a shirt version on superdenim and I was wondering which size to get. Do they shrink in the wash? I'm not exactly delicate on my clothes... wearing and washing wise.

Thanks for this! Yes, the fabric's the same on the 'butterfly' shirts. It's been washed during the dyeing process: the wattle, chlorophyll, and rinsed versions have had a hot wash, the woad a bit cooler. They've all been tumble-dried. So you should be fine to wash and dry normally without worrying about shrinkage. Sorry for the delay in getting pictures and explanations of these up- we're moving house at the moment, and everything's a bit mental….

As promised, I have lots of photos of the party held at the Tastemakers store in Shibuya for Tender last week. It's a beautiful store, and the guys there put together a really great collection of Tender products from pretty much every season to date. It as really nice seeing so many things back together in the same place. They served fish and chips, and shepherd's pie, and all the clothes were for sale- loads of stuff (in fact I'd say about half of it) was bought on the opening night, which was really flattering. Here are some highlights:

13239504884_7b28914694_z.jpg

13239323883_641d2fd5a3_z.jpg

13239175825_5db1415578_z.jpg

13239327473_0414373466_z.jpg

13239509004_943f2cb40f_z.jpg

13239179495_008da9b839_z.jpg

13239180315_c6b70fdcb2_z.jpg

13239180515_83eb73b1d4_z.jpg

13239330743_0694e5bc69_z.jpg

13239331933_95483f457d_z.jpg\

by the end of the evening I was asked to sign a bunch of people's new purchases, it was a real honour, if a little embarrassing!

13239359583_71767cde22_z.jpg

13239534094_6abec674dd_z.jpg

13239547284_3105e0c393_z.jpg

13239215165_803944df58_z.jpg

(my personal favourite:)

13239366183_47b5fbccb9_z.jpg

It was a really fun evening. The installation's up for all of next week, but even after that, if in anyone's in Tokyo I thoroughly recommend a visit. http://www.thetastemakersandco.com

Wow!! Can we make something happen like this in the US sometime?

The pictures look so rad! Must be neat to see everyone and how they wear things differently in person. (Ei. Inside out apron, oversized side strap jeans)

I second this!!

Hint hint, NYC. ;)

Rodeobill thought that dropping a loops belt into a vat of logwood dye would be an interesting experiment, so I put an order in through the Tender Stores on Friday, and this turned up today.

Package.jpg

Inside_Package.jpg

Belt_in_Wrapping.jpg

I love the packaging that was used.

132_with_belt.jpg

The jeans, above, are a pair of unborn Type 130s that were done as a special run for Tenue de Nimes a couple of years back. I believe that they're the Blackout style. They've got stealth stitching that's starting to show up now they're fading, and it's taken a fair amount of wear and washing to get them to give up their indigo...

The belt is a few shades darker than I expected, but it'll be interesting to see how it evolves. I guess it's going to shed some dye, and the smooth back will fade more than the rough-out face.
Edited by Graeme

^^ so dope.

'I love the packaging that was used.'

my black pair of sunglasses came with that multicolored stitched fabric. it's incredible. william, what can you tell us about it?

Edited by satchelbmoore