Black jeans lovers!!!

houllier

Fullcount released a few of their cuts in black, probably could still find those. OP doesn’t say it has to be black/black, but FC has both versions depending on cuts I think. Also, indigofera gunpowder denim. That’s what I ended up with a few years ago when I wanted a black denim jean that wasn’t a slim fit. Kirk was the fit. They’re beater jeans now but it’s a good pair. 

Thanks guys! Here was some I found (made in Japan). TCB had a black one (40s). Real Mccoys still do a black. Also Rubato and Brycelands seems to offer a nice 60s cut ( but very expensive). FC 0105 black is 350usd now. Looking for Black/black weft. I tried on the SC type 3, but rise and was a bit too straight.  Nice to see they regular version, although it looks black/white. Also Burgus Plus etc has a few alternatives. 

Edited by unionmade

I picked up my black FC 0105 for about $180 USD. I got the black/natural version but the black/black was about the same if I recall. You might email one of the retailers to see if a restock will come, I am not sure if it is part of the regular rotation now.

The TCB 40’s aren’t available anymore - TCB made a black 30’s more recently, but I think those will be hard to track down too. In the absence of any of these, I really would look again at the Indigofera Kirk. It seems to be the only consistently produced pair (the Japanese brands tend to do limited runs). I would take those over McCoys, personally. 

Another maker that I’ve seen in this forum with black jeans is Phigvel, though iirc they were on the pricier side. 

As an aside, that selection from Blue Owl is rough. Everything is still relaxed tapered. 

The Freewheelers 601RB will be re-released pretty soon, I think there are some small changes to the denim but the details on the new run should be identical.

I wear my FC 1108 black/black pretty often. Depending on your size, you may still be able to find a pair. I don't know too much about the denim used for these aside from it being the same weight as their normal 13.7oz. 

@unionmade not sure what size you are, but I have a pair of Freewheelers 601RB that I’ve been meaning to sell (too small for me). Size 31, unhemmed. Probably 5 wears. If any one is interested I can provide full measurements / pics.

Sold.

Edited by tooth