Evisu is still loved!

benzak

For MiJ 2005 would be their slimmest cut but only comes in No.2 denim, so if you got 2000 in a No.1, it could be a tossup.

The sizing Q always comes up lol... No.2 shrinks say 5% where No.1 might shrink 15-20%. Just size up 2 for No.1 and true to size for No.2

If the 2005 cut was any slimmer-fitting than my 2000s then I'd be losing the crown jewels along with the circulation to my thighs :D

For MiJ 2005 would be their slimmest cut but only comes in No.2 denim, so if you got 2000 in a No.1, it could be a tossup.

The sizing Q always comes up lol... No.2 shrinks say 5% where No.1 might shrink 15-20%. Just size up 2 for No.1 and true to size for No.2

sorry but this is pure bullshit. 15%-20% shrinkage would mean my size 35 (which started at 34,5") would shrink around 5,175-6,9" in the waist...I'm really curious who encountered that much shrinkage...10% is pretty the highest shrinkage you might get.

My sizing might be a little unpopular as I'm a true size 35 and bought a size 35 (as the waist will always stretch back to its raw measurements and the rest of the 2000 fit isn't that slim.). So TTS or +1 is what I would recommend. As long as you know your real size.

Well those numbers I just pulled out my ass. If someone wants an accurate % and can do math these are true measurements... my No.1 leg shrunk from 37.5 to 34 after 1 hot soak. I would assume when they are hot washed/dried they would come in at least another 0.5-1 inch since my No.2's came in another 0.5 inch the second round. So from 37.5 to 33-33.5.. I think from those figures the % ranges between 10.6-12% ? OK 20% is crazy but 15 is not far off :/

CTB you been laying off the meatpies? :D

Shrinkage is about 10% in the waist and inseam, the current redline batch have an inseam of 36.5", older editions have been 37.5".

I have a pair of size 35 (34.5") redlines - they measured W31.5" L33" after shrink, they've been machine washed (40º - 60º) about 10 times now with no further shrinking.

PM'ed these to Warakia last night. They are for a W32 lot2005. Thought i'd stick em in here for anyone wondering about the cut.

leg opening - 7.5 inches

Waist 16.5 inches across

front rise - 11.5 inches

back rise - 15.25 - 15.5 inches (somewhere in between)

upper thigh (big style) - 12.25 inches

Edited by dant87

Looks like it's the end of the road for my Lazy S Leepros...the fly is nicely fucked after four years of wearing.

I'm going to contact Evisu and see if they can use the jeans for display purposes or whatever as I don't think I'm going to get much more wear out of them before the rest of the button holes fall apart.

So, for posterity, here's what they look like after four years of pretty solid wear. These have probably been my go-to jeans for much of that time, as I found them pretty damn comfy:

019wxd.jpg

020qz.jpg

021owk.jpg

022ojl.jpg

023crf.jpg

024gw.jpg

025me.jpg

026kef.jpg

027myt.jpg

028wh.jpg

Gonna have to have a serious think about what to wear next...

Edited by CrashTestBrummie

Sick jeans Crash, I was in Evisu Newburgh Street a week and a half ago and they have new t-shirts in store now. Included in the new range is 2 designs from Japan. However still made in China as are the rest of the t-shirts.

I think your lazy s would look good in their display cabinet.

are those th ejeans that got sent to me by mistake before ctb?

Nah, they're the jeans that I was given for free by Evisu's UK distributor to fade the fuck outta. The jeans that were sent to you (Evis Lot 2101) never really got the love that they deserved.

^^ Lovely looking jeans. Everything that I would my jeans to turn into. Bit surprised the arcs are still there. Did you get them redone?

Thanks!

They were printed on, and I was surprised that they didn't fade more over the years...

Had a book arrive in the post this morning.

943100E7-14CB-4E1F-97E0-1A3F49541C21-255-0000001842155FAD.jpg

F2997D48-0179-4FCE-8238-AC13F1B6F0E7-255-000000184A9CF1CA.jpg

16E8877E-635A-4263-A7DB-1BAE618EF337-255-000000184E3D6F82.jpg

DBBB428F-2D12-4EF5-AB52-601C9D2FE1F8-255-00000018529FD9CA.jpg

Printed in 2008.

There is photo after photo after photo in here. Ill get some more up at some point. The entire book consists of more recent denims (evisu), earlier denims (evis) and also even earlier (labor).

There are a few lot numbers I personally haven't heard of, one of which is lot4000.

E6AE77A9-617D-4412-931D-4126A7E6AD76-255-000000185775BDE1.jpg

As far as photography and a collection of Evisu denim history goes up to 2008 when this was printed its pretty much the bible.

One thing I did find interesting is that there is no acknowledgement to no.0 in here, or lot1999 for that matter I don't know why that would be as i was under the impression some no.0 was produced before 2008?

Awesome collection of the brands history though :D

And sorry about the dodgy photos the light was rubbish at the time.

Edited by dant87

hi everybody

How about 2 defference new evisu no.1 lot 2000 and old evisu no.1 lot2000? such as Fabric?

I think the new evisu no.1 lot2000 I think it have "white tag" inside in back jean and old evisu no.1 lot2000 it not have "white tag" inside in back jean , but i don't know fabric to use in old and new evisu no.1 lot 2000

Who khow can you tell me? plese

thank you very much.

Edited by num7119199

Very nice CTB. Still sad I didnt grab a pair when they were available. Was in a Levi's store not that long ago in the city and they had a couple of display cabinets around with some worn models on show, would be pretty sweet if the London Evisu store put those up. Would be even sweeter if they did a re-release ;)

Edited by devilva

Hi guys,

Apologies, I'm a long time lurker on this thread, and when I get a camera sorted I'll post some pics of my modest collection (especially of the jackets I got from you Crash!) but in the first instance I need your advice for shrinkage on the current no.1 batch.

I'm looking at getting the 2001 but they are sold out of 34x35 which is my size in my no.1 2000s (grey selvedge from 2010 run). I know the current redline shrinks more, so should I opt for the 35x35 or will that stretch out too much in future? I'm also assuming that sizing down to a 33x35 would be silly on this batch for the 2001?

So, bit of s newbie to the thread but at least I'm not asking what the difference is between MiJ Evisu ;-)

Thanks b_F, Sutocorp have emailed me saying that 35 is available, but I guess they have just checked the website like I did. I'll ask them for confirmation first as they have asked for Paypal payment up front already...

That wouldn’t hurt. I was some weeks ago when 2 guys (from another forum) wanted the #2000 and the sizes requested where sold out. They also went with SutoCorp so you might be lucky that they already checked the sizes.

Evisu still sell those pretty cheap, right?

I've emailed them to double check with Evisu- shouldn't be too much hassle for them I'd hope. Compared to the 31,500Â¥ I paid for my 2000s back in 2010, the current 21,280Â¥ is pretty good on current exchange rate, even though technically I don't actually neeeeed them at mo!

Ha ha- good man! So you'd only be sizing up one from your true waist size? Makes me wonder about a 33 but I think playing it safe with a 35 may be wiser. I was considering holding off until they release their new batch, but the redline selvedge looks good, especially compared to the grey/gold thread of my 2000s. Sutocorp investigating for confirmation....

Well..no I'm a size 35 (or 34...when I want to calm myself) and bought the #2000 also in 35 (same batch like yours) and I would also buy the #2001 in size 35. Because I think the #2001 would give me more room than my #2000 even if the redline selvage shrinks much more. So...for me TTS worked so far but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone in case they are fucked by my advise ;)

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Thanks redragon, yeah that's what I was mainly wondering about- what kind of fit the no.1 2001 will give me by sizing up to 35- not so much for waist but the other measurements- hence also considering whether to size up one to a 33 or up 3 to a 35. Hmmmm. Will see what news Sutocorp give me later regarding availability....

It's a hard one dude I know, i think alot of us are familiar with the agonising decision on sizing when your trying to take into account overall fit post soak, worrying about them shrinking too much with a 34 or not enough with a 35......

If it were me I'd go with a 34, even if they did shrink 3 sizes to a 31 if you are a true 32 then I recon there's some stretch in there for you to accommodate to and thus get back to a 32 and probably end up with a sick fit.

Or they might just shrink to a 32 and be perfect anyway.....eeeek