Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Curious, does anyone have an example of a well faded pair of raw evisu international No. 3's? I just bought a pair off their website not too long ago and am curious to seenif there is any potential for nice fades...

Get some mij denims going on bro! Or maybe wear what you have now for 6 months and buy a pair of mij lot2000s in no.1 and then you will really appreciate them :)

Get some mij denims going on bro! Or maybe wear what you have now for 6 months and buy a pair of mij lot2000s in no.1 and then you will really appreciate them :)

Believe me I would love to buy a pair of mij no.1 specials but i live in the US and dont know where i can even begin to start looking short of a trip to the motherland...

Believe me I would love to buy a pair of mij no.1 specials but i live in the US and dont know where i can even begin to start looking short of a trip to the motherland...

Yeh it is true that they are not straight forward to get hold of.

Pretty much there's only a few ways of getting them.

- going there yourself

- proxy service

- getting lucky on a forum/eBay

Just out of curiousity, how much do #1 specials go for these days?

On the evisu Japan site they are listed at ¥21000 which is just under £150 at the current exchange rate (which btw is very good at the moment) then proxy fees on top still a fair wack!

About the jeans, here's another pair.

Can't remember the exact details, but the jeans might have originally been produced for some kind of competition for McD's employees (?) or summat like that. Bloody awful things IMO and I'm not even sure that they'd be of interest to anyone but the most obsessive collector. Better than a fat golden daicock arch though...

Can't fault the seller for chancing his hand and looking to make a few quid outta them, though...

dant87 - get your arse over to the Vintage Showroom and be sure to report back with plenty of pics :)! The link is to their blog, where they feature a lot of the stuff that they've found over the years.

They have a showroom, from where they hire out costumes and accessories to film and TV companies, and also a retail premises in Covent Garden.

I'll warn you now though that they are fully aware of the value of the stuff that they sell, and it's a (*cough*) little more expensive than your average vintage shop...A proper treasure trove of a place, and they even own one of the original WW2 Ursula submariner suits made by Barbour, which eventually became the legendary A7 International Suit.

Edited by CrashTestBrummie

^ A little off-topic but if you're headed to Brick Lane, be sure to have a look around Spitalfields Market near Liverpool Street station (on your way to Brick Lane), especially on a Thursday. Here's Paul T's blog on some of the stall holders: http://www.marketpeople.org/category/spitalfields/

^ A little off-topic but if you're headed to Brick Lane, be sure to have a look around Spitalfields Market near Liverpool Street station (on your way to Brick Lane), especially on a Thursday. Here's Paul T's blog on some of the stall holders: http://www.marketpeople.org/category/spitalfields/

That looks awesome, I will be going there in the future but sounds like you say Sunday is the best day to go and look round. Unfortunately I'm going Saturday and it doesn't seem to be open according to the opening hours part of the spitalfields market site. Unless I'm mistaken!?

Looks awesome all the same!

Edited by dant87