Evisu is still loved!

benzak

• 2 weeks later...

2i2jaf.jpg

2isgiet.jpg

evisu 2000 no1. patched with some super slubby evisu heritage no 1 denim. ive had em for a few years... my son wore em for a while when i got too fat, and now that ive lost a little weight they fit again... gonna keep em going till they fall apart

my evisu is loved. the difference between the no1 and no2 becomes apparent only after a year or two.

Been to check out the new store at Newburgh street in London today. They have some cool stuff in there.

Some beat up mij 2504's lay resting in a cabinet, they were awesome.

Been to check out the new store at Newburgh street in London today. They have some cool stuff in there.

Some beat up mij 2504's lay resting in a cabinet, they were awesome.

Faded white gulls? If so, they used to hang on the wall at Savile Row...I was down in London the other week but didn't make it further than Jermyn Street and the Edward Green shop for new boots...

Faded white gulls? If so, they used to hang on the wall at Savile Row...I was down in London the other week but didn't make it further than Jermyn Street and the Edward Green shop for new boots...

Yeh they're the ones. They looked so good. The guys in there are really nice and I bought a tshirt whilst I was there.

3C207F7C-FF60-49F7-A855-71360EAAE4F9-1344-000000A3FFD65600.jpg

Ctb - was there anything else like that at saville row?

Was wearing my mij no.2 red/yellow gulls with tab which got a few comments :D

Edited by dant87

Just soaked and dried a pair of #2, 2000. The denim is a touch lighter and more crisp then #1, they're a great fit, probably should have bought a size smaller and I may do as the £/JPY exchange rate is the best I've seen in a couple of years. Camo pocket bags and redline this time too (sorry no pics).

oh and to confuse some of you guys about sizing. I'm a size 35 (well at least that's what all my jeans stretch out to..34,5-35").

My Evisu #2000 No.1 are a size 35 and measured 34,5" raw and shrank to 32" or so...I just soaked them yesterday and they get back to 33" again..but I can still put them on and button them on without any problem..the waist is snug for some time but stretches out pretty fast. The rest pf the jeans are slimish but comfortable.

I have to admit that I haven't machine washed them yet...that might change my situation. But for now, I would say you can also go TTS

I have to admit that I haven't machine washed them yet...that might change my situation. But for now, I would say you can also go TTS

I machine washed my #1 on a 60 degree wash and they shrank even more than I thought they would.

I had previously washed them on a 40 a few months previous. They were always a little loose on me if I'm totally honest but after the 60 wash they have shrank to exactly the right waist for me and now fit snug still after 15-16 wears. They were tight to begin with but now like I say - all good after a bit of wearing.

The whole sizing issue I found to be a right ache just due to the fact these jeans are not easy to get hold of IMO and the cost of them is not small....it's not the sort of thing you want to screw up due to how much money #1 is in the first place!

I found that you just have to run with it and size up two and role with the shrinkage which will hopefully be about right in the end. Not to much of an issue if you wear a belt but I have never liked them really so getting the waist size right after washing was important to me.

My advice would be to anyone looking into #1 for the first time to size up 2 (maybe even 3 if its redline selvage from what I hear) and try them on before hot soaking to see how much shrinkage you'd be looking for. I found even just a hot soak for a few hours took a fair bit out of them and then the 60 degree wash just finished it off I guess and they fit perfect now.

I am a 32 waist in #2 (currently wearing) and purchased 34 waist #1 (silverline selvage) as my first pair. They both fit as good as one another although my #2 haven't been washed just hot soaked at the moment. Hopefully shouldn't see too much net shrinkage in #2 tbh after wearing them out again id like to think as I love the 2005 fit atm.

Edited by dant87

I got these a long time ago and have no idea what they really are...or if they are even real. They say made in Macau. Can someone tell me what they are?

photo-5.jpg

photo-3a.jpg

Could be fake, could be real. We probably need to see interior labels. You should sell them and grab a pair of No.1s that are on sale.

I have 2 lots of No. 1 2000.

The black and white selvedge started sized 40 and eventually shrank to a 36.

The silver and white selvedge started sized 38 and shrank to a 35.

I've washed both in a washing machine with hot water and dried on high for over 40mins.

I think you should go up 2 sizes, but be warned that the legs do not shrink as much as the waist.

Both of mine stretches like crazy, usually back up one size.

I wear a 36 on No. 2 denim.

This is on the pocket...I'm asking because they don't fit me and would love to sell them, but want to know what I have...if they are fake I don't want to accidentally scam someone!

photo-6.jpg

Can someone recommend me cheap proxy service to buy from evisu.jp other than sutocorp or sharp service?

Find a forum member to do it? The proxy services are businesses so I'd be surprised if there was a massive price difference between those two and others as they're all trying to make money.

This is on the pocket...I'm asking because they don't fit me and would love to sell them, but want to know what I have...if they are fake I don't want to accidentally scam someone!

Let's have a look at the selvage and the patch without flash - they look legit to me, but better to be sure.

Also, Evisu International don't fetch what they used to on eBay, so you might not get what you'd like for them. Definitely worth making what you can to put towards a pair of MiJ, though...

Find a forum member to do it? The proxy services are businesses so I'd be surprised if there was a massive price difference between those two and others as they're all trying to make money.

Let's have a look at the selvage and the patch without flash - they look legit to me, but better to be sure.

Also, Evisu International don't fetch what they used to on eBay, so you might not get what you'd like for them. Definitely worth making what you can to put towards a pair of MiJ, though...

photo-5-1.jpg

The selvage is white one one side and red on the other.

Oh...and what would they even be worth? I just want to get rid of them....not looking to get a ton of money...if they are real and a form member would want them I would be happy to sell at a reasonable price. I would just hate to find out they are fake and take advantage of someone.

Edited by JHC76

They look ok - defo not mij.

Red and white selvage is #3 although a picture to be sure would be best. They aren't stamped no.3 on the patch though not sure if they all were or not?!

Tagged as D85 which would be right too afaik.

Edited by dant87