Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Just heard back from the seller. They're the black edged selvedge :ohmy: . Can't help feeling a bit disappointed now :(

Could you post a pic up of yours? I may learn to love them.

Hmmm.

Ah well- as you say- shouldn't be the dealbreaker i guess. All of my jeans have the white edge so maybe it's time for a change.

Seldom did i see great faded pairs of Evisu like these 2 on the net......

Just found them on a Taiwan forum, both being No.2 Lot 2000

Jean 1 - 4years, mostly worn in the Winter time only

mobile01-e2f7c4cb8b18cb42e0e50516b5c5badb.jpg

Jean 2 - ~3years of daily wear

mobile01-9549bda57253121da6c0642c8132d08e.jpg

Direct links to the threads:(in Chinese, more photos)

Jean 1 http://www.mobile01....5&last=35005567

jean 2 http://www.mobile01....432330&r=20&p=1

Edited by DDDm

you havent seen mine?

Of course, seen that. But you've to admit well faded samples like yours & the above 2 are still few & far between c/o other brands. :rolleyes:

Hope more denimheads post their evisu, just to keep others interest in the brand :D

Number 1 special's worn for about a year solid, maybe more. Didn't alternate at all, and finalized their destruction helping renovate a salon space for my wife - which accounts for the paint on them. Washed 5 or 6 times.

Unfortunately sized wrong. I'm a natural 29-30 waist and got these in a 30. Had to use a waist stretcher so they didn't crush my hips but they definitely were tight on the berries. Have a size 31 ready to go once I move on from the pair of Eternal 811's I'm currently wearing out.

8128501004_cf944ff991_z.jpg

8128504546_79e8afbd6d_z.jpg

8128507710_935186033c_z.jpg

Relegated to the bullpen aka weekend wear only now.

Thanks detonator - any better directions to denim works than shibuya & harajuku? I went to bears on my last trip there and was left unimpressed by the service. They were quiet rude!

Actually looks like they moved from tokyo to hiroshima! (denim works)

Edited by Paulo

bears? rude? are you sure??? theyre very nice i usually visit them when i go to tokyo.

anyways try americaya in ueno and hinoya they do repairs too

americaya on the back 2nd floor where they sell their samurai's

Yeah i was really looking forward to seeing the store but when i got there i think i must of interrupted the guy at the store from leaving for his break or something. It was the only time in our 2 weeks in Japan where we felt unwelcome anywhere!

@paulo

i don't know how long you'll stay in japan, but usually they take 1 to 2 wks to repair unless they're busy or it depends which shop you'll use (the better reputable shop, the busier).

I've had my jeans hemmed at denimworks before and it took 5 days - just bear in mind.

Hey guys,

Been wearing my no.2's for a few weeks now and I'm struggling to tell the difference between these and my washed no.1's!?

What commands the extra money for no.1 over no.2? I know obviously one is sanforized and one isn't but what else is there to it?

Thanks

Edited by dant87