Evisu is still loved!

benzak

Cheers can't believe they were 2" under tag size, well I can.. When I sell these I'm gonna get a pair of 2000/no2 and have them washed/hemmed/painted by evisu and thats it I'm done.

Edited by Freezie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haven't seen you post here in ages crash , any evo pic's to share :) really looking foward to see those 2504's

Not really been wearing the 2504s mate - they didn't shrink half as much as I was hoping although I'm going to get round to giving them one more go in the machine tonight.

Been wearing the 2000s again recently, and Freezie's post above got me to dig out my own 2001s. Always kinda regretted repainting the gulls on these but I noticed today that they're cracking already so hopefully won't be long before they're back to 'normal'.

Anyhoo, fit pic (or 'anti-fit' pic?)of the 2001s:

dsc04422p.jpg

Tee by Studio d'Artisan, boots by Tricker's

Really nice overall colour on those 2000's

Hope the 2504's shrink enough for you :)

Well, the 2504xx jeans certainly shrank after a 60-degree wash...think I should have just bit the bullet when I first got them, instead of fannying around worrying too much about the waist size. Fit pic to follow soon.

In fact, they're virtually the same measurements as Freezie's 2001 pair. Apart from the inseam, which is now 35.25" (from something like 38 originally, if I remember rightly).

The denim is still pretty stiff even after a soak and a couple of washes (one cold one, early on)...and it's heavier than No.1, I think. Maybe 17oz?

I listed them on eBay for silly money and a lot of people were watching them as they're as rare as Evis jeans come - if I remember rightly, they were strictly a one-off run back in the day. Listed them for an opening bid of £250 so I'd have a decent wedge to spunk on another pair of denims to replace them...then bottled it and ended the listing :D

There's the usual hip flare going on, and I doubt I'll be able to get them hemmed until after a few more washes, but I'll get the fits up in the next few days and see how happy I am with them. Any feedback will be welcome...

Welllllll, the fit looks ok - from the front, at least...the jeans actually fit 'properly' for this cut, i.e. on my hips, unlike my 2001s which sag all over the shop.

Not sure about the rear view, however...looks like my arse is trying to eat them, and it's not that big in real life :D

Nice leg twist going on, too.

dsc04496l.jpg

dsc04500a.jpg

I haven't worn my EV's for a good while now and in fact now cannot - I have shrunk down from a W42 to a W34/36 now so all my jeans are too big ! !

Might keep my eyes open for a pair of beaten up 2000's if there are any around, my patience to break in from Raw is greatly diminished these days, just wish my Brownbox were a nice easy 36" as that would be a superb pair of jeans to spend a few years in.

CTB good to see you still at it ! - we never did meetup and take a trip to Saville row - damn!

• 2 weeks later...

Lookin good Ben... you've moved?

Was going to take a shot of my Yamane Deluxes but they seem to hold up to wear very well so will have to wait a few more months. Also Evisu.jp looks to be having 30% off if anyone is interested in getting a pair of No.1/No.2 MiJ's.

Yeah I wear them on the weekends and the deluxe's during the working week.

Good stuff on the house. Ive just been saving for a deposit myself. End of the year when I get some free time will look around and see whats available. Unfortunately nothing is cheap these days.

I haven't worn my EV's for a good while now and in fact now cannot - I have shrunk down from a W42 to a W34/36 now so all my jeans are too big ! !

Might keep my eyes open for a pair of beaten up 2000's if there are any around, my patience to break in from Raw is greatly diminished these days, just wish my Brownbox were a nice easy 36" as that would be a superb pair of jeans to spend a few years in.

CTB good to see you still at it ! - we never did meetup and take a trip to Saville row - damn!

What size are your Brown Box? If you are considering letting them go I might be interested. I would offer my Hoteis in trade since they are your size, but they do have some wear on them and my legs are a bit shorter than average.

Mate, I completely managed to forget to say hello when you first posted this!

Savile Row is no longer, or at least Evisu's presence there is a thing of the past. Think they're over in east London, these days, but I've no idea as to whether or not any of my old contacts are still around...

What size are your Brown Box? If you are considering letting them go I might be interested. I would offer my Hoteis in trade since they are your size, but they do have some wear on them and my legs are a bit shorter than average.

They are a W40 ! only worn about 3 or 4 times :(

Yes I will be happy to let them go rather sell than swap or trade actually.

Lovely jeans only wish they were ALOT smaller now !!