Evisu is still loved!

benzak

The old Evisu was loud yet refined, durable and representative of Japanese denim. The stuff you find now is seems like it got licensed to some idiots that want to make a quick buck

The mij items are the only way to go.

The problem is people dont realise there has been a few different labels and just paint Evisu with the same brush. As long as the MiJ stays strong and if the international side could release a few good models every now and then (lazy s/brown box) im happy.

Also that 2005 fit is cowabunga

• 2 weeks later...

Been to Evisu at Boxpark today in London which was good to have a look around.

Unfortunately the member of staff in there soon told me they wouldn't be able to sell me any of what I was wearing (evisu jp) although was interested to see them!

He said there is going to be a new Evisu store in London open up with potentially any old gear knocking about in there too. Newburgh street/Carnaby street area.

Ill be going to visit for sure.

Can anyone please tell me some information about evisu no1 black selvedge

Its not the latest released batch of denim but the one under it (say 2010-2011) and I would go 2 sizes up from your natural waist size to account for shrinkage.

dan I wonder where they are getting the older stock from? We had a couple of places here that sold Evisu, now none do. Would love to just cruise around an Evisu store. At least its still going strong for you UK guys.

dan I wonder where they are getting the older stock from? We had a couple of places here that sold Evisu, now none do. Would love to just cruise around an Evisu store. At least its still going strong for you UK guys.

Yes indeed. He took one look at my hand painted gulls and tab and just said something along the lines of "I'm afraid we don't have any mij stuff here".

He mentioned that when the new store opens that they are going to be more of a concept store aswell as in showing where the company started to where it is now. I think something was mentioned about an actual gallery (small) of stuff they have done and also mentioned that he didn't know if they had any old gear knocking about but wasn't sure if it would be for sale at all :(

One thing is for sure I'm going either way!

evisu.jp, just checked the back pocket lining and they're camo too.

Is that just how that particular lot are coming in no.2 at the moment or is that something you had to specify you wanted? Or did they just rock up like that and actually OMG they are the illest pair of no.2's? I really like them.

Edited by dant87

Just got these in.. Lot 2000z No.2.

Camo pocket bags..

8104957359_1cfef598b2_z.jpg

Evisu Lot 2000/2z by Freezieâ„¢, on Flickr

Black & green selvage

8104970538_86fdb131a5_z.jpg

Evisu Lot 2000/2z by Freezieâ„¢, on Flickr

Interesting, I still have a pair of Evisu International samples with the exact same selvedge. Never came across it before with Evisu JP nor Evisu International though! Camo lining is a nice detail.

Hi,

I've never owned a pair of evisu's before (apart from a jacket which I was always doubtful whether it was genuine...) I've Just bought myself a pair No1 2000's from the SuperMarket and the seller tells me they're silver selvedge.

I've been digging around trying to find a pic of the selvedge but can't find one anywhere. Is anyone able to put me in teh right direction?

Evisu changes the selvage color (and IIRC also the denim) from season to season. So a pair of no.1 Evisu from 2009 will be different to a pair from 2012.

So silver selvage most likely means, that you just got a silver lame instead of the classical red one (or yellow, blue, green).

Or that pair could use the same denim which was used on the pair I own. There, you will have a silver lamé but the part of the selvage which is normally white, is black. It’s the most ugly selvage line I’ve seen so far but it has no effect on the denim itself.

Evisu #2000 No.1 is a good catch nonetheless!

That's what i'm afrraid of B_F.

Have seen a pic of that somewhere and wasn't taken with it.

Edited by Mr Black