M.O.A

Introducing Tellason Denim

IMG_2450_zps3e086131.jpg

Tellason Sheffield's tagged size 30. I like the look, but feel like I should have got a 31. Pretty snug in the top block for me. Thoughts on the fit?

Edited by Collintac3

^they look great. keep wearing them. they will stretch.

from my instagram:

in January, old friend mr john james  came into BlackBlue to announce he was getting married and having a kid. sometimes it's many years between visits and knowing the rigors of his train riding, odd-job, guitar playin' lifestyle, I gave him the best wedding/dad gift I could imagine --a pair of 16.5oz tellason Sheffield jeans. there was a condition: he had to come back with the kid, wife and jeans. here is the complete set with a new pair just to compare. he now works demolition in new orleans so he washes them frequently. they have "only ridden trains once".

FC7F0A6C-0287-41C7-BD7E-82BE729733D4-170

2920ED01-8C72-409B-84B9-147474BEA4BB-170

F0FD0DF8-3660-4BA9-A628-648242F055BA-170

^ I really like that fit. How did you size on those?

I got a size 31, my waist is measured at about 30". That being said I wish that I had gotten a size smaller, but this works well.

Cool, the fit looks great. I'm a 30 as well. I was told by them to go TTS, that the specs are the same as the tag size give or take .5", but after seeing your pictures id be almost tempted to size up. Good grab on your first pair, enjoy.

I also snagged the coverall chore coat in 16.5 oz off a fluke before it hit stores or was up on their website. It's on their site now and it's beautiful. It's served well as a winter jacket so far for this unusually cold ass season.

Coverall in 16.5oz for the elements. Hoody, or flannel, or overcoat, or etc. underneath to really get it going.

037_zps4cde90e6.jpg

016_zpsb4f7b370.jpg

040_zps9a7805a1.jpg

041_zps0fca217a.jpg

Edited by Karl Hungus

That's a beautiful-looking jacket.  Enjoy!

Where can I find measurements for the Clampdown shirt? (all versions.)

debating on a Jean Jacket or a Coverall in 16.5 oz?

^they are both dope and a pretty insane deal.

debating on a Jean Jacket or a Coverall in 16.5 oz?

Keep in mind that they fit different. Coverall is a looser fit.

my tellasons gustave 12,5 oz. i wore these for 3,5 months. washed once, soaked twice.

first small holes in the crotch-area appeared already after two months and i reinforced the whole area pre-emptively.

LfV8uuc.jpgMAT20Bt.jpg

SBjFZnJ.jpg

Looks like a nice hand darn! I recently did my I+W Cone denim as well. After one year with no soaks or washes, they were getting a little thin in the crotch area as well.

thanks! it really took some time but it was worth it. i always wonder why some people wait so long before repairing and end with such horrible crotch blowouts.

Edited by tsi

this was my first pair and they were on sale, so i went with them.

in hindsight i think this was a bad decision. the 12,5 oz denim takes forever to fade/fades more like black denim, no electric blue for me. 

they will probably look amazing with some more wear and washes. 

Edited by tsi

keep wearing them! they will fade!

thanks! it really took some time but it was worth it. i always wonder why some people wait so long before repairing and end with such horrible crotch blowouts.

Yep, I've invested too much time (and like them too much) to let my I+W's blowout. Your rationale is the same as mine.

What are the front and rear pockets like on the Ankara and Sheffield models? Ample room to actually use? (Unlike the majority of jeans these days.)

All the pockets on the pair of Ankara's I have are rather small. The front much worse than the rear, but the rear ones are still pretty tight. Depends on your frame though I suppose.

I have a very lightly used 16.5 oz jean jacket in XXL that I want to sell. Type II's have really grown on me so I want to move this along to someone more interested.

Any sweet deals to be had out there in the Ankara and/or Sheffield models?

Thinking of picking up the 12oz coverall or the 7oz topper shirt to wear year round. Obviously one is a jacket and one is a shirt my main concern is the summer months. I want to be able to get a good amount of wear out of it. i guess i can't go wrong with either. I LOVE the look of the coverall.

itschrisb- i would suggest either the clampdown or the topper shirt. i own a ironheart type 3 in the 18oz fabric, i barely get use out of it. with denim shirts, you can wear it as is or as a shacket

I need a stabdard legged in a front rise of 12.5 inch from tellason anything?

20151116_125841.jpg

20151116_125803.jpg

My tellason clampdown after 6 months of on and off wear, 3 washes.

Same Shirt after another 4 months of wear and 1-2 more washes.

20160317_103916.jpg

20160317_103947.jpg

If you guys want to meet Pete & Tony, we're hosting them at our shop this Saturday from 12pm til 6pm.  

We'll have cold beer on hand, plus at least one dirty joke from Tony.

Edited by mrsmiff