arcteryx veilance

It may have already been said but the first US location of Arc'Teryx opened in Seattle last September. (They actually have just celebrated their one year anniversary at the location, 4th and Pike.)

I've been trying on the Veilance stuff and can't WAIT to pick up some pants. I'm a 28 waist (really more like a 27) and I tried on the Voronoi and was pleasantly surprised. A bit long but the waist was pretty true to size. I'm really hoping to try they get the Apparat in a 28 because they look to be shorter.

Apparats are indeed much shorter than Voronois - I'm 5'7", 30" inseam and can wear Apparats without having them altered, whereas Voronois would need quite a lot of shortening.

Apparats are intended as a cropped pant.

Ah, gotcha. I like the Voronois a lot and will may get them too. I don't recall thought, are they just a standard hem? Could they easily be shortened? I know a lot of the Veilance has taped seams and some stuff that your average seamster (ie me) might not be able to readily do.

Ah, gotcha. I like the Voronois a lot and will may get them too. I don't recall thought, are they just a standard hem? Could they easily be shortened? I know a lot of the Veilance has taped seams and some stuff that your average seamster (ie me) might not be able to readily do.

You can hem them, they aren't seam sealed. They wouldn't make them 38" long with an un-hemmable leg opening.

Edited by firstdoorontheleft

• 2 weeks later...

Really depends on the model I guess. A lot of members complained that the Haedn blazer was rather slim and they had to size up (especially in the shoulder region). I got the Scann from last year in my Veilance standard size and I am satisfied. I tried the Blazer LT too and I had to size down to get the correct fit (probably just because of the unstructured cut).

I know we are only just into AW14 but im really excited about the coach style jacket for next season. I dont know if anyone has seen it in the flesh? It looks like a really nice piece. Excited already.

What is this coach's jacket you speak of? I didn't know Any SS15 Veilance had leaked already.

Source for pics?

There are a couple of small and shitty pictures of the ss15 show room online. You can see the jacket on a mannequin. I asked a stockist about the jacket and they gave me a description and the available colourways; black, dune and talus grey.

I read somewhere that ss15 will have a bomber in the the stretch woven nylon (isogon jacket fabric). Any details on that?

How does the Voronoi fare over time? Washing and wearing-wise? Since Acronym's pant is roughly double the price, I was thinking about picking up some Voronois as my daily ür-pant.  Any complaints/good-things? Mini reviews are welcome.

I'm thinking of buying the Veilance Field jacket. Do i need the insulated version for winters around -5C to 5C or is the non-insulated version warm enough with a sweater?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Timk

How does the Voronoi fare over time? Washing and wearing-wise? Since Acronym's pant is roughly double the price, I was thinking about picking up some Voronois as my daily ür-pant.  Any complaints/good-things? Mini reviews are welcome.

The instructions for Voronoi were a bit confusing. The tag in the pant stated dry clean only and the website told cold wash was ok. However, I washed them several times and the color starts fading along the taped seams.