arcteryx veilance

This might be a dumb question, but what happens with all the veilance leftover from previous seasons? I dont think that all of fw13 was gone from the webstore, and its no longer available, so does anyone have an idea of what arcteryx does with it?

Eventually it will make it to their factory outlet in North Vancouver.  It takes a while though - when I was there in October 2013 they were selling SS11 through SS12 stock at approximately 30% off.

I'm not sure if that was a joke or not, but Arcteryx made these awesome capes a few years ago which they gave out to homeless people in Vancouver.  I always wanted one of those and was hoping the cloak LT was it, but no such luck.

http://gearjunkie.com/arcteryx-capes-for-vancouver-homeless

Edited by malcb33

So old it's new again?

Source of the above images: http://onandbeyond.com/tag/i-wish-they-made-this-for-girls/ (or more exactly, http://onandbeyond.com/2012/03/arcteryx-veilance-ss12-penelope/ )

Say, is there really no store (other than Sumally in Japan) which got the Frame Composite shirts? That's exactly what I'd want to sell (meaning, I wonder if I'm crazy or the stores misunderstand what makes Veilance great / what the great things Veilance makes are...).

well, if you check veilance's website you will recognize that a lot of stuff isn't stocked yet, meaning its still in production or floating around in the aether. arcteryx is always late delivering their stuff to stores. just be patient a little longer.

edit: nomin is in stock

Edited by frankie_four

Anyone ran into trouble after washing their goretex? How many washes did you do? Washed my field jacket for the 5th time n a little bit of tape is peeling back. When i dry in a dryer i always use the lowest setting but thinkin mb i should air dry more. Supposed to get rain all next week but i gotta send it in :(

Anyone ran into trouble after washing their goretex? How many washes did you do? Washed my field jacket for the 5th time n a little bit of tape is peeling back. When i dry in a dryer i always use the lowest setting but thinkin mb i should air dry more. Supposed to get rain all next week but i gotta send it in :(

I've experienced that once before, but it was after years of wear. Another brand, not Veilance. It shouldn't happen, especially after only 5 washes.

I'd send it in. Arc'teryx will take care of you.

how big is the damage? Washing will influence the durability, but your natural moist @ 37 °C, too. On my Arcteryx Theta the tape around the armpits came off rather quickly after a few months of intense usage.

Don't forget that it's an object of utility and wearing it will result in signs of wear. So a "scratch" on the tape is upsetting or disappointing, but it will appear.

scamster; sue

I used to really look forward to Vin's Techware/General updates on his blog. (Especially the "I wish they made this for girls" bits, mostly because the female friends he chose to model were hella cute.) Dude does a lot of work for Dime MTL and Tommy Kruise these days. Commendable efforts, for sure. 

I've experienced that once before, but it was after years of wear. Another brand, not Veilance. It shouldn't happen, especially after only 5 washes.

I'd send it in. Arc'teryx will take care of you.

Yeah ive been wearin it on the reg for over 1.5 years now. Dont wash it too often bc i always have lotsa stuff under it so it doesnt get grimey easily.

how big is the damage? Washing will influence the durability, but your natural moist @ 37 °C, too. On my Arcteryx Theta the tape around the armpits came off rather quickly after a few months of intense usage.

Don't forget that it's an object of utility and wearing it will result in signs of wear. So a "scratch" on the tape is upsetting or disappointing, but it will appear.

Little over 1 cm has lifted completely..i dont mind some wear but when the tape is peels off even a little bit thats a problem i wanna nip in the bud.

Ironing thing is good 2 know if im ever in a pinch

Sporting Life in Toronto has marked down all of their Veilance gear in store - most of it is not on the website, at least for now. The discounts aren't massive (~30% off) but they still have pretty much all sizes and colours.

Edit: I only saw FW stuff - I assume they're making room for the SS gear.

Edited by MoreToasties

Someone snap this size SM up, it's the cheapest I've seen it yet 51% off.

http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/barneys-new-york/men/clothing/?prefn1=designer&pagetype=designer&prefv1=Arc%27Teryx%20Veilance

@Undercover73, thecorner.com has the apparat pant (Casual pant) with some new fit pics up.

http://www.thecorner.com/us/men/casual-pants_cod36517476mo.html

Edited by firstdoorontheleft

Hey guys,

Just a quick question.  Was thinking about getting a Monitor.  Not sure if I want to purchase a SFT or a LT, though.  I live in Vancouver and it never gets really cold here (-2 at the worst probably.)  Would I get more use out of an LT, layering when its cold?  

Any recommendations.  

You always have better options when you are layering, than you don't depend on the functionality of one item in different conditions.

I call the LT my own and paired it with the Mionn Composite jacket and this combination works fine for me till around 5°C with just a t-shirt underneath