arcteryx veilance

I expect something lighter than Graph for spring/summer season.

These look more like merino t-shirts, I have one from the very first collection, it's great, well made, far better than any Icebreaker I've seen. 

Those in the pics look lighter, too.

No surprise about the "far better," Veilance has been using the top-of-line merino from MAPP (and that one season, a silk-merino blend) for wool items. World of difference. (I even have two Smartwool shirts which are seemingly the same, except one is run-of-the-mill merino and collects hair like crazy, the other is Zque merino and always looks pristine...)

i was drinking beer earlier and a buddy decided to play 'let's hurl a beer into the crowd'

was wearing veilance and outlier

did a little shrug

all dry all good  :ph34r:

a buddy instantly recognized schoeller fabric and proceeded to go into a 25 minute rant about how expensive it was per yard to purchase wholesale 

Galvanic's kinda dope. Lack of insulation from the waist down and a two-way front zip are things to take into consideration, though. 

lack of two-way zip is a bigger issue than the insultation below the waist, imo - i live in toronto wear my galvanic as my primary winter coat and have never wished it was insulated all the way down. 

Edited by quasky

lack of two-way zip is a bigger issue than the insultation below the waist, imo - i live in toronto wear my galvanic as my primary winter coat and have never wished it was insulated all the way down.

Oh, yeah? I wore it last winter in Montreal and did. So...to each his own, I suppose.

Barneys just dropped another SS15 early piece. Isogon in waterstill blue.

http://www.barneys.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-BNY-Site/default/Product-Show?pid=503234157&q=veilance&index=5

I have one from SS12 and it is my go to warm weather rain protection piece. 

Looking at picking up the Align SFT, does anyone know how this fits? I heard it runs smaller than other veilance pieces. I am a Medium in the Insulated Field Jacket and a Medium in the Parsec. According to Arc the M Parsec fits the same as the L Align, so maybe I should size up?

Oh, yeah? I wore it last winter in Montreal and did. So...to each his own, I suppose.

ah, well, we're typically a good 5-7 degrees warmer than y'all. i imagine i'd want the patrol coat if i was in mtl. the galvanic is ideal for toronto because its cold weather comes more from the wind chill than the actual temperature.

Edited by quasky