arcteryx veilance

don't think that's quite right Inkinsurgent, I reside in the uk with 100% feedback and have problems from usa ebayers refusing to ship to me.

are there any real reason why they will not sell to anyone outside of their boarders?

can proxy from the uk if needed if the favour is returned  ;)

Somethin' about that name... :D  :D

Look who's talking BTW

Edited by aso2004

Veilance pocket design rip-off from the new company called COLDSMOKE. eVent M65 jacket is 600 USD.

CS_0007__DSC9814-425x560.jpg

coldsmoke-2013-fallwinter-waterproof-eve

You guys think there's room for another Veilance boutique/web shop in Central Europe?

I was thinking about that too but I don't have enough balls to try open one myself. 

Does anyone have any experience with the mainline Aphix jacket.

I've had my eye on it for a couple of seasons now and can't quite decide how I feel. I like the minimalism and the stretch no lift panels. It almost feels like it should be part of the Veilance line (like the Parsec coat). I even like the minimal woven label branding at the front.

I had the Aphix for a while.

It's a nice coat, a more simplistic aesthetic compared the Atom and noticeably warmer than the LT as well.  The one thing I didn't like so much was the fit.  It fits more blocky (wider) than the Atom LT and I probably should have sized down.  The face fabric also has a sheen to it which some may not like. 

Don't you just save $50 on the voronois?  The arc site has them for $400 and free shipping also.  The total on 290 was $350 without taking into account of the import duty fees.

Edited by upheavel

thoughts on the veilance insulator jacket? I'm planning to wear it on it's own and under shells.  

http://veilance.arcteryx.com/product.aspx?language=EN&gender=mens&model=Insulator-Jacket

it looks almost identical to the mainline atom lt http://arcteryx.com/product.aspx?language=EN&gender=Mens&model=Atom-LT-Jacket or aphix: http://arcteryx.com/product.aspx?language=EN&gender=Mens&activity=Ski-Snowboard&model=Aphix-Jacket. Both are less than half the price of a Veilance insulator with similar feature sets: ripstop nylon DWR treated face fabric and coreloft insulation. 

Anyone have experience with these jackets? Is the veilance insulator worth the premium?

Thanks

I have both the Atom LT and Insulator.  Both are really nice jackets, very light, fairly warm and extremely versatile.  While I wouldn't say the insulator is double the jacket the LT is, it does feature some significant up-grades.  The rip-stop face material on the Insulator is far nicer and higher quality and it has a cool pocket configuration as well.  The insulator also has a very clean but functional internal sleeve cuff, but the LT has the slim elastic cuffs which are pretty nice as well. 

As I said before, both are really nice.  The Insulator does look a little better aesthetically IMO so if you have the extra money it's worth getting but you can't really go wrong with the Atom either. 

I had it briefly but sold it since I needed a size down. I personally wouldn't buy it again at full retail but that's just me. It has some nice details the LT doesn't have but I didn't think it was worth the $350 more. LT can commonly be found cheaper than $200 too where as the insulator is tougher to track down on sale.

^yeah the cuffs were nice.

Edited by Ecotrons

Gahhhh. Tried on the Monitor on in the Arcteryx store in Seattle and have been thinking about it ever since. Removable liner means I could use the shell year round, but now that it's sale time/xmas cash time they are getting snatched up left and right. If anyone sees a monitor in black in a size small I'd love to know, otherwise I'll continue to browse ebay/supermarket in hopes of sizing issues for somebody.

In exchange for such information, heads up on what's on ebay as of 1:20 PST:

Sz. XS Zip cardigan in Black 219.99 starting bid

Sz. Small Insulated Field Jacket in Black $895.00

Sz. Small Field Jacket in Ordessa Green $748.00

Sz. Small GEOM SFT bomber in Black $595.00 OBO

Sz. Small Composite Jacket in Black $595.00 starting bid

Sz. Small Anion Vest in Ordessa Green $199.00 starting bid

Sz. Small Survey Jacket in Black $695.00

Sz. Medium Insulated Field Jacket in Ordessa Green $895.00

Sz. Large Mionn Blazer in Green $339.99

Sz. Large Galvanic IS in Black $808.88

Sz. Large Partition Coat in Black $299.00 (one bid on it)

Sz. XL Field Coat in Black $499.00 starting bid

Gahhhh. Tried on the Monitor on in the Arcteryx store in Seattle and have been thinking about it ever since. Removable liner means I could use the shell year round, but now that it's sale time/xmas cash time they are getting snatched up left and right. If anyone sees a monitor in black in a size small I'd love to know, otherwise I'll continue to browse ebay/supermarket in hopes of sizing issues for somebody.

The Monitor SFT doesn't have a removable liner, does it? Or did you mean the Patrol IS?

The Monitor SFT doesn't have a removable liner, does it? Or did you mean the Patrol IS?

That's the one! Thank you for the correction.

Northwest, both the Monitor SFT and Patrol IS in small and on sale.

https://www.thebureaubelfast.com/brand/arcteryx-veilance

:D