arcteryx veilance

Anyone have experience with regular Arc'teryx jackets? Costco has the Beta SL at 50% off (as well as two other models) and it looks very similar to the Align jacket, which I've been waiting to go on sale to at least 50%. 

Thing is, I just need some thin protection to get me through bay area rain, and a few trips to stormy areas this winter (seattle & HK). Can't imagine the veilance Align being $400+ better than the beta if all i'm looking for is functionality. Any insight on this? 

Edited by Method

Anyone have experience with regular Arc'teryx jackets? Costco has the Beta SL at 50% off (as well as two other models) and it looks very similar to the Align jacket, which I've been waiting to go on sale to at least 50%.

Thing is, I just need some thin protection to get me through bay area rain, and a few trips to stormy areas this winter (seattle & HK). Can't imagine the veilance Align being $400+ better than the beta if all i'm looking for is functionality. Any insight on this?

Main line dead bird is good quality, it just lacks some of the more expensive elements that Veilance has. I have the Aphix jacket and Atom vest in size LG, same size I wear in Veilance and I love them. It's nice stuff if you don't mind the logos. Some of the softshells and light shells fit a bit on the looser side, but Ive had good luck with the insulated pieces. Edited by firstdoorontheleft

For those who are in colder climates, what winter boots are you pairing with your veilance gear? I'm up in Canada and love wearing my veilance peices in the snow and colder weather, but I can't find winter boots which fit the sleek astetic veilance has. I find Combat boots to chunky and Guidi's don't fit the style well either and the snow/ salt kills CPs and sneakers in general.

Any ideas? Ideally I want something fairly sleek and clean looking without looking to chunky and that will hold up to a harsh winter environment (doesn't need to be insulated though).

^^^
The protection of the diemme uppers, or the traction of diemme/vibram soles, wasn't practical? Or both?

I'm up in Canada and love wearing my veilance peices in the snow and colder weather, but I can't find winter boots which fit the sleek astetic veilance has... and Guidi's don't fit the style well either...

Ideally I want something fairly sleek and clean looking without looking to chunky...

Which veilance pieces do you have? For example, I'd wear the Field Jacket and the Galvanic Coat with very different pairs of shoes.

@SuE

I have a fair number of pieces, but it's the outwear items (Field jacket, Insulator, Graph sweater and Voronoi pant) I have trouble pairing with other than sneakers.  

I find that combat boots can work with the field jacket as it has military heritage and dresser shoes work with my Scann and Haedn blazers but those looks are heading away from the direction I'm looking for.  If that makes any sense?

I really like sleek, clean almost futurist side of the Veilance aesthetic and want to carry that look through to my winter footwear as well.  I've seen a couple of creeper sole type boots from Doma and Ann D which I think could work, but these seems to be seasons old and near impossible to track down in my size (43) so I'm open to ideas....

Edited by malcb33

For those who are in colder climates, what winter boots are you pairing with your veilance gear? I'm up in Canada and love wearing my veilance peices in the snow and colder weather, but I can't find winter boots which fit the sleek astetic veilance has. I find Combat boots to chunky and Guidi's don't fit the style well either and the snow/ salt kills CPs and sneakers in general.

Any ideas? Ideally I want something fairly sleek and clean looking without looking to chunky and that will hold up to a harsh winter environment (doesn't need to be insulated though).

Nike ACG and OMS(all black dunk) offered some alternatives, I picked up the Nexus VII black timberland boat chucka.

They are all older, I have put a lower profile vibram on my black timbs that worked as it makes the boot more shoey..

Edited by aso2004