arcteryx veilance

Be advised: All Veilance blazers feel like they fit at least a size small in the shoulders to me. I am currently a small in most everything and I would need a medium in the Haedn for the shoulders. Unless the Seattle Arcteryx store is tagging merchandise incorrectly, which seems extremely unlikely.

Might just be athletic build complaints but I know Tigerprawn would definitely have the same sorts of issues.

On another note, got my first Veilance piece! Went down to the Arcteryx store on Monday and ended up picking up the Mionn hooded vest in a small.

Be advised: All Veilance blazers feel like they fit at least a size small in the shoulders to me. I am currently a small in most everything and I would need a medium in the Haedn for the shoulders. Unless the Seattle Arcteryx store is tagging merchandise incorrectly, which seems extremely unlikely.

Might just be athletic build complaints but I know Tigerprawn would definitely have the same sorts of issues.

On another note, got my first Veilance piece! Went down to the Arcteryx store on Monday and ended up picking up the Mionn hooded vest in a small.

I am a true 42 chest and wear size 42 in all my tailored jackets and a size LG in most Veilance products that I own: (Subset, Dyadic, Field jacket LT, Isogon, Mionn IS blazer)

I bought the Scann from eatdane.com in a size LG and could barely button it. I measured it and it specs out at exactly 21 in the chest.

I then returned it for a size XL which is still a slim fitting blazer but I can comfortable button and wear with a shirt and sweater underneath. 

I also own a Blazer LT in a size XL which is a perfect fit on me, my Mionn IS blazer on the other hand is a size LG and I wish I had sized up for a looser fit so I could layer better underneath. But I can get a OCBD or a light sweater under and be comfortable. So a LG Veilance blazer is more like a 40 jacket, and an XL is more like a 42.

I can try to get fit pics up if anyone wants them for reference.

Edited by firstdoorontheleft

echoing the comments above regarding the blazer sizing.

i generally fit into the veilance xs. However, in my experience trying the blazer lt and haedn - the XS were very tight in the shoulders. The size S was definitely a better fit. I remember noting the Haedn has a slightly unstructured soft shoulder. For some reason I was imaging it to have a more structured silhouette or padding based on the veilance webshop photos. 

Another odd sizing experience was the Geom SFT jacket - it was a bit short in the waist. Might have benefited from an extra 1" or 2". But I might be shaped funny. 

Edited by lxh

I just received my size LG insulator from Haven shop yesterday (for US residents it takes about 2-4 days to clear customs once it reaches the border, but no import fees are incurred) and due to the cold rainy conditions on the east coast today I wore it underneath my field jacket LT and I must say it worked beautifully. ROM was not hindered by the added bulk, I did not feel like I was squeezing the shell over the insulator, and I only wore an OCBD under and actually was a bit sweaty from the core loft.

If it hadn't been raining I wouldn't have worn the shell and been completely happy with the water repelency of the insulator. Also, the large gear pocket on the front of the jacket is phenomenal. If you have the means to pick one I highly recommend it, this will be my go-to for cold wet weather now.

Shade Grey Field Jacket just went up on the bay but the seller has China listed as the country of manufacture. I've not purchased anything from this season so I don't know if they sent production off shore or not. I'm hoping the seller is mistaken...

Edited by TresUnCool

Shade Grey Field Jacket just went up on the bay but the seller has China listed as the country of manufacture. I've not purchased anything from this season so I don't know if they sent production off shore or not. I'm hoping the seller is mistaken...

My Scann and insulator are from this season and both say made in Canada still.

mad shoutout to tigerprawn: every sale he's posted has been spot-on and right before everything got sold out. thanks again, been able to purchase multiple items at least 30-40% off.

A couple SS14 pieces have shown up already at Barneys New York on Madison Ave. I am not sure of all the models but I think a Monitor jacket in a light blue and a blazer in light green if I am not mistaken. I can take a look tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Id be interested to see some photos if you can snap some. Good looking out.

So in the very last photo on the site @inkinsurgent posted the link to it looks like we're going to be getting some Veilance knit tops for SS14.

DSCN9996.jpg

Does anyone have any experience with their knits in the past? I've never tried one on and just from this teaser photo I'm pretty interested.

So in the very last photo on the site @inkinsurgent posted the link to it looks like we're going to be getting some Veilance knit tops for SS14.

Does anyone have any experience with their knits in the past? I've never tried one on and just from this teaser photo I'm pretty interested.

I have the Graph and it has an awesome merino/nylon blend that has held up incredibly well, it sees a ton of wear. No pilling and it feels very durable.  

I expect something lighter than Graph for spring/summer season.

These look more like merino t-shirts, I have one from the very first collection, it's great, well made, far better than any Icebreaker I've seen. 

c3ad0b4ed8eb11e2baba22000ae90d6f_7.jpg

courtesy of waitsui

Edited by Brainboy