arcteryx veilance

maybe stupid this thought but do you think these manufactures; veilance for example maybe pleased to see counterfeit items on ebay, grailed and other used internet marketplaces so it'll hopefully discourage people purchasing from these platforms and only going to authorised retailers and direct from themselves? no money for them buying second-hand, only new!

16 hours ago, scamster said:

maybe stupid this thought but do you think these manufactures; veilance for example maybe pleased to see counterfeit items on ebay, grailed and other used internet marketplaces so it'll hopefully discourage people purchasing from these platforms and only going to authorised retailers and direct from themselves? no money for them buying second-hand, only new!

i doubt they would be happy about but my guess is with something like veilance or acronym they’re relativley unfazed by fake items because (unlike off white or similar) the real shine of the pieces can’t be replicated in some bootleg factory. the fan base for them is strong enough that the few people would would get reps fall by the way side. 

second hand websites have there flaws but one strong feature of grailed is the get more eyes on a brand and after a few articles and features i think grailed is on pretty good terms with veilance and the fakes are just a sad price of admission. 

just my 2 cents 

the problem is they're not coming from some bootleg factory. it's the contracted factory themselves getting some on the side.

i reckon it's just the price of admission when having your stuff made in china.

On 5/22/2018 at 8:32 PM, Toilettebun said:

New nomin

incorrect

On 5/22/2018 at 7:12 PM, denpa said:

this is the nomin V1. most obvious giveaway is the side briefcase strap. 

Bought the following during various sales and didn’t work out. Selling them for exactly what I paid for those who missed the sales  

Arris, Navy (mid) - small - BNWT - $540 USD (https://shop.havenshop.ca/products/arcteryx-veilance-arris-jacket)

Partition LT (hooded, 2018 model), Black - small - BNWT and Dust Cover - $640 USD (https://shop.havenshop.ca/products/arcteryx-veilance-partition-lt-coat)

——

Willing to negotiate price if you buy both.  

Will trade for Arris in black or ash (small), Monitor (Small), Nomin and any Veilance bottom in Sz30

Shipped from Canada

Edited by Vysis

34 minutes ago, xzamx said:

Anyone here own the Nemis jacket? Seems like a lightweight basic bomber. Nothing really too special. 

i feel like you could refer to any veilance piece as “like a basic ___” but the *angel* is in the details. the nemis functions very well as a spring and summer piece to the point where one could easily wear it mid summer and not overheat. the two internal pockets also make for excellent storage. i however no longer own a nemis because i traded it away opting for a blazer lt as my go to light weight SS piece. the nemis is what you make of it and they seem to be getting better with the collar issues as well. 

I too got rid of my Nemis but it's a stellar jacket. It's made from Terratex, an incredibly lightweight breathable yet wind resistant material. It's perfect for chilly summer nights and mornings. Really feels like you're not wearing anything and adapts easily to your climate. It's funny because it's lighter than the other SS jackets but have the biggest internal pockets. 

1 hour ago, SuE said:

The Nemis is the best 'basic' summer jacket available. The collar issues should be fixed in recent seasons and Veilance's warranty is great anyway.  

My nemis (ss18) still bacon'd after 2 weeks of wear 

Edited by Toilettebun

11 hours ago, Toilettebun said:

mine too lol. i kinda have to wear the jacket unzipped now to make it less noticeable

14 hours ago, Toilettebun said:

3 hours ago, branespload said:

mine too lol. i kinda have to wear the jacket unzipped now to make it less noticeable

:( Rats. Just ordered the last medium sized one from Haven, been eyeing it off since forever...Hopefully it doesn't meet the same fate, despite overwhelming odds... 

Would like to know about dyadic comp hoody sizing opinion, I vaguely remember in previous discussions that people suggested to have a size up? or just TTS? Tried to look it up but failed to find it......

33 minutes ago, Chiels said:

Would like to know about dyadic comp hoody sizing opinion, I vaguely remember in previous discussions that people suggested to have a size up? or just TTS? Tried to look it up but failed to find it......

in my experience it fits tight but only because of the waist band. if you have even slightly wide hips sizing up is a must but if you taper down well you could get away with a TTS. the thing that makes it hard (for me) is the XL fits my hips and shoulders but the L fits my arms and chest :/ 

On 6/3/2018 at 10:41 AM, Chiels said:

I went TTS on the hoodie and couldn't be happier. I'm 5'8 42" suit jacket and went with a medium for reference. 

Edited by xzamx

On 6/2/2018 at 7:23 AM, branespload said:

That's a bummer, was considering sending mine in for warranty. Well, at least you guys saved me the hassle!

it probably means we'll see a few pieces with an "LD" designation like Long Distance or whatever, how mainline arcteryx has trailrunning gear under Endorphin. So I imagine that means a cooler merino/poly frame tee maybe, a track jacket like the above in a delicate windbreaker material (moreso than terratex nemis), maybe running shorts or something too. the ss19 showroom stuff is up in nyc, so we'll prob see more info on it from stockists, tradeshows, etc.