arcteryx veilance

Picked up a couple of Component shirts at the DC store a couple of weeks ago. Funnily enough I fit a small perfectly, even though I need to lose weight and am a Medium in the Blazers. Wish they did a short-sleeved version too (particularly since they're half the price of Acronym shirts).

Any truth to this? Made by a retailer account for "Understudy"

We've restocked on the Arc'teryx Veilance Nomin Backpack. 

Arc'teryx has stopped production of the material used on this bag, so after it's sold out the Nomin will not be produced again. 

Original post: http://www.styleforum.net/t/462822/understudy-3sixteen-a-p-c-arcteryx-veilance-barena-engineered-garments-and-more-official-affiliate-thread/45#post_7853079

Not quite, the bags aren't being produced for FW15. There's no word on what production plans are for SS16 and onwards. 

i have a few questions re: the actuator so apologies if they've been asked before.

1. i'm 6'1/165lb, should i get a S or M? the only shell i currently have is a TNF venture in S and i live in australia so have never really needed anything more substantial.

2. i always seem to have a problem with the arms being too long on jackets. i notice this doesn't have adjustable cuffs, so would it just drape over my hand? if so, this would drive me insane and i'd have to consider something else.

3. presumably haven is the best place to buy it (AUD exchange rates is a consideration)? it's about to hit winter here so i'm not sure how often sales happen.

thanks in advance.

Edited by conqueror

Given your height, I think you'll find the small a bit short. Cuffs on the actuator have a much smaller opening than, say, any of the FJ iterations and thus won't need to be cinched shut.

I'm picking up a medium at the post office later today. Will hit you up with some feedback on size. ( for reference, I'm 5'10" 170 lbs)

Looking for an inconspicuous black gore-tex jacket for bike commutes. Torn between the Align shell and the Actuator jacket. Can anyone recommend either? Or something entirely different?

I bought an align thinking I might use it for biking, not sure where you live but I hope for your sake that it's cold/windy/rainy there because GTX pro doesn't breathe like I had hoped. Honestly IDK about the 'tex superlight in the actuator, but I bought a composite recently and it seems like the perfect bike commuter jacket if you MUST have veilance--breathable material in the pits, windstopper elsewhere. Might want to check out mission workshop orion, sacrilege in the veilance thread obviously but I've heard great things about the breathability of polartec neoshell, plus bike-optimized design

Edited by lysosome

Looking for an inconspicuous black gore-tex jacket for bike commutes. Torn between the Align shell and the Actuator jacket. Can anyone recommend either? Or something entirely different?

I've done a lot of biking in the Align and love it. Surely I would be happy with the Actuator as well, but the chest pocket, structured hood, and soft collar are nice additions. I get the impression that because it is a FW piece the Align is better sized for layering, so consider that - I often have a sweater, puffy, or insulator underneath. I usually reach for an Isogon in summer and it fits well with just a t-shirt. I'm not ever really concerned with getting a bit wet if I'm warm enough that a mid-layer isn't warranted anyways. I suspect that the Actuator is more closely patterned to the Isogon (new version this season is amazing, btw - greatly improved feel and details).

For comparison, I used to have a Field Jacket and found the length and fit less than ideal for cycling - it billowed somewhat in the midsection and could have been improved with a double zipper. The Align is slightly shorter and more suited for a body positioning on a bike.

I've been abstaining from this thread for the sake of my retirement portfolio, but I'm curious: Anywhere to look/watch for a Blazer LT in Mesos Blue on sale? I paid $250 for one in grey (size M) last year (I think) and at that price I love it.

If you're talking about the one that's in stores now I wouldn't expect to see it on sale for a few months yet.

Does anyone own an Apsis in Basalt? What is it like? Is it just better to get a monitor?

I have the windshell blazer which I'm pretty sure is the same fabric. The fabric is so light that it doesn't provide any warmth, I can wear the windshell blazer up to 30°C. Monitor seems more versitile, no first hand experience with the apsis though.

note: moitor doesn't have a double zip, which was a pain in the ass.

Looking to move my pretty much new Scann blazer. It is a black, size large (will fit 38- Slimmer 40) was worn for a about 30 minutes at an event and could  pass as new. The retail on this was around $599, I'm looking for $300 OBO

PM for pics and interest.

for those interested, I finally got some info on the polytope jacket from the bird's mouth:

Hello ______,

The Polytope hooded Jacket is consisting of a 100% cotton face fabric bonded to polyester fleece. It is similar to a Softshell jacket and weather resistant but not fully waterproof.

In case you should have any further questions please do not hesitate and contact us under 1-866-259-6656

Kind Regards

Also, unfortunately I have to do a shameless IC on the jacket, size small NWT. I'm moving up north and don't have the space for all my jackets.

Anybody knows a european retailer with black Imbric (M) in stock please? There were very few I guess and now I can't find any

http://www.endclothing.co.uk/arc-teryx-veilance-nemis-soft-shell-bomber-jacket-15649-bk.html

If end is not in europe, pardon my american sensibilities

Edited by lysosome