arcteryx veilance

Apparat owners: 

Anyone having difficulty with the ankle straps? The left strap is "loose" in that it won't properly tighten around my ankle. When I latch it on to the button, the strap oddly sticks out and doesn't stay flat against the pant like the right strap and almost always gets untightened on its own.  

Thanks!

UK is ok, thank you but Nemis is a bomber and I need something coach-like, Imbric is also GT

lol my bad, I must gotten tired and confused all the silly names. Looks like it's still in stock to me--40/50?

Edited by lysosome

Thought I might contribute to this thread since I recently bought the imbric jacket.

Two weeks ago while researching for the imbric jacket from every possible google search result I found it odd that the jacket itself has been removed from the Arc'teryx site.

If you google something along the lines of arc'teryx imbric jacket, you'll see the first-second search result would show that there indeed was a product page for it, but if you click on it, it's not there anymore. 

Thought it was only a glitch and since Havenshop had an international free shipping I bought the jacket. But I was curious for the description on the arc'teryx site so I emailed arc'teryx to ask if I could get a 'brochure' attachment for my personal reference. Yesterday they replied:

Thank you for contacting Arc'teryx Veilance.

The Imbric jacket has been removed from our website due to fabric issues that we had with the face fabric. We are currently working on finding a solution for the issue.

In case you should have any questions please do not hesitate and contact us under 1-866-259-6656

Kind Regards,

Arc'teryx Service Team

So here I am, $650 later. I was hoping this jacket could last for years, but from the looks of it, face fabric defect would not be something they could fix. I still yet to know what the exact defect is, but when the jacket comes and it feels like there's an obvious defect I'll probably have to return it. I should've never emailed them, it's probably nothing, but now the problem is growing in my head like cancer.

if you want a description of the imbric try this cached snapshot of he veilance site.

being gore-tex manufactures have to make sure everything is perfect as gore are very particular and protective about their technology and how its used, any defects or problems and gore take away the ability to market the jacket made with gore-tex and/or stop you from using it.

must say that it's a bit shoddy from veilance if they knew of the problem they should have asked all retailers to pull the imbric from sale and recalled the jacket or maybe they did but the shops ignored them, either way it's bad. was thinking of grabbing one but definitely will not now.

Someone more in the know can correct me if i'm wrong, but i was under the impression that the imbric uses the same cotton/gtx laminate as the galvanic. The package used in the galvanic is hideously sensitive to abrasion and discoloration. 

Someone more in the know can correct me if i'm wrong, but i was under the impression that the imbric uses the same cotton/gtx laminate as the galvanic. The package used in the galvanic is hideously sensitive to abrasion and discoloration. 

You're correct. AV service followed up and mentioned that the cotton face fabric showing a faster than normal wear was indeed an issue they found on another product made with the same fabric. They didn't mention the other product, but since it's a goretex material, I think we can pretty much boil it down to the galvanic jacket which uses the cotton face goretex. They also mentioned that they haven't actually received any Imbric jacket issues and pulled the description as a pre-caution. They also did not advice on returning the jacket if I'm happy with it, my guess is they're trying to not make a big deal of the problem and ninja kill this particular fabric in the future. Eitherway, I don't think this jacket will suit me very well, I tend to be very rough with my wear; wash it every 2-3 days, carry backpack, sleep with it, crumple and throw it in my bag. I've heard good reviews of gore tex durability and was hoping this could take a beating, maybe I should swap it for the actuator jacket.  :blush:

Anyway. here's the reply. The jacket should be in Sydney by next monday. I'm kinda curious how well made this garment is tho, never had a veilance product. 

Hello,

My apologies for the late response. I have been looking into this for you and needed to get further information.

The issue was originating in the cotton face fabric showing a faster than normal wear. This occurred on a different product made with the same fabric. We haven't  actually received any Imbric jacket issues. However, we wanted to be cautious and removed the item from our website until further notice.

I would recommend you to keep the product if it fits you well and you are happy with it. In case you should have any issues please do not hesitate and contact us directly. We will be here to help.

Kind Regards,

Arc'teryx Service Team

It depends on how you are built. If you are quite slim and are looking for a trim fit, go with a medium. If you are top heavy, you might prefer a large. Keep in mind the sleeves are quite long and cannot be cinched tighter like the SV and LT versions.

You're correct. AV service followed up and mentioned that the cotton face fabric showing a faster than normal wear was indeed an issue they found on another product made with the same fabric. They didn't mention the other product, but since it's a goretex material, I think we can pretty much boil it down to the galvanic jacket which uses the cotton face goretex. They also mentioned that they haven't actually received any Imbric jacket issues and pulled the description as a pre-caution. They also did not advice on returning the jacket if I'm happy with it, my guess is they're trying to not make a big deal of the problem and ninja kill this particular fabric in the future. Eitherway, I don't think this jacket will suit me very well, I tend to be very rough with my wear; wash it every 2-3 days, carry backpack, sleep with it, crumple and throw it in my bag. I've heard good reviews of gore tex durability and was hoping this could take a beating, maybe I should swap it for the actuator jacket.  :blush:

Anyway. here's the reply. The jacket should be in Sydney by next monday. I'm kinda curious how well made this garment is tho, never had a veilance product. 

Hello,

My apologies for the late response. I have been looking into this for you and needed to get further information.

The issue was originating in the cotton face fabric showing a faster than normal wear. This occurred on a different product made with the same fabric. We haven't  actually received any Imbric jacket issues. However, we wanted to be cautious and removed the item from our website until further notice.

I would recommend you to keep the product if it fits you well and you are happy with it. In case you should have any issues please do not hesitate and contact us directly. We will be here to help.

Kind Regards,

Arc'teryx Service Team

The Isogon (Black) after following the instructions precisely (1 wash with Grangers followed by drying on low heat) is also showing the same faster than normal wear on the cotton/nylon face fabric. The areas where the cords, hardware and seams are have left an imprint that sort of seams like fading, best way to describe it would be bluish/white imprints. After calling customer care they informed me that this was normal and expected, but comparing it to the way it looked when originally bought I am left pretty disappointed. 

Anyone else who owns the Isogon notice this as well? 

Edited by SonnyCheeba

The Isogon (Black) after following the instructions precisely (1 wash with Grangers followed by drying on low heat) is also showing the same faster than normal wear on the cotton/nylon face fabric. The areas where the cords, hardware and seams are have left an imprint that sort of seams like fading, best way to describe it would be bluish/white imprints. After calling customer care they informed me that this was normal and expected, but comparing it to the way it looked when originally bought I am left pretty disappointing. 

the galvanic does the same, and i was also told that this was 'normal'. however, considering that they've since removed both the galvanic and imbric from the site leads me to believe they've underestimated how many people complain about the fading. 

honestly i don't get why the fading would be by design. it's sloppy and raggedlooking and doesn't fit the veilance aesthetic at all.

the galvanic does the same, and i was also told that this was 'normal'. however, considering that they've since removed both the galvanic and imbric from the site leads me to believe they've underestimated how many people complain about the fading. 

honestly i don't get why the fading would be by design. it's sloppy and raggedlooking and doesn't fit the veilance aesthetic at all.

Thanks for the feedback, did you end up sending it back? I think I will call the warranty line next week and request something be done about it.

It depends on how you are built. If you are quite slim and are looking for a trim fit, go with a medium. If you are top heavy, you might prefer a large. Keep in mind the sleeves are quite long and cannot be cinched tighter like the SV and LT versions.

Slim is the key word. If you in any way have shoulders or like the gym more than occasionally you are probably going to have issues with your delts/shoulders/biceps if you want to layer underneath the insulated field jacket. 

The Isogon (Black) after following the instructions precisely (1 wash with Grangers followed by drying on low heat) is also showing the same faster than normal wear on the cotton/nylon face fabric. The areas where the cords, hardware and seams are have left an imprint that sort of seams like fading, best way to describe it would be bluish/white imprints. After calling customer care they informed me that this was normal and expected, but comparing it to the way it looked when originally bought I am left pretty disappointed. 

Inksurgent and SonnyCheeba,

Could you guys help me out and upload a quick pic of what the fading would look like? My imbric would be a black one as well and if it's as bad as you guys describe it I won't bother opening the package and just send it right back.

what's the difference between last and this season apparat pants in terms of design and material? More interested in material difference as here somebody said before for last season apparat that "this is not summer pants". Consider to buy new apparat, have last season and want to understand the difference! Thanks

last s/s was a cotton canvas 65% cotton 35% nylon and a touch heavier at 385g in comparison this years is a brushed poplin with a water repellent coating 70% cotton 30% nylon weighing in at 345g.

like yourself have last years but didn't get to wear as got it early autumn so too am interested in the performance difference between the two so if anyone has them both give a shout.

last s/s was a cotton canvas 65% cotton 35% nylon and a touch heavier at 385g in comparison this years is a brushed poplin with a water repellent coating 70% cotton 30% nylon weighing in at 345g.

like yourself have last years but didn't get to wear as got it early autumn so too am interested in the performance difference between the two so if anyone has them both give a shout.

Thanks man!! really helped me!)

Inksurgent and SonnyCheeba,

Could you guys help me out and upload a quick pic of what the fading would look like? My imbric would be a black one as well and if it's as bad as you guys describe it I won't bother opening the package and just send it right back.

Sent mine out to warranty, I'll let you know what they say.

New apparats have the brushed fabric which I think is worse than the previous version.

I really wish they wouldn't use brushed fabric for any of their clothing. It doesn't seem to hold a DWR coating that well/soaks up water quite fast, it always looks dirty and takes away from the look of the patterning, it shows wear really fast and it just seems to clash with the crisp clean minimal style that the brand is supposed to embody.

Depends on how you want to wear it. Size M in the actuator is a better fit on me when compared to the Field Jacket. (Cut closer to the body and the sleeves feel shorter.) I think it's an extraordinary jacket. However, the hood is quite large.