Eternal Jeans

minya

I've read in the Eternal Contest thread that lots of people seem to have quality control issues with the contest jeans... are the regular 811s (or 811BGs) like this too?

I don't know what the deal is with the contest jean quality. I bought my pair of 883s in Tokyo in 2010, and they're just now starting to show signs of a crotch blowout. Quality-wise, I'd say they're standard fare amongst jeans of cotton-thread construction. Just my $0.02.

yeah, denim is topnotch & the jeans itself have been designed [that] way eversince. the threads used are not as hefty & tough overall as... eg, the Momotaros. hence, the entirely different routes of evolution__ i call it "brand character".

I've got some size 32 811's that i'm not really feeling. Despite fawning over a pair for ages, they don't actually fit me that well. I've got skinny legs and flat buttocks so get MASSIVE hip flare.

one warm soak from raw & 1 hot soak to try & get all the shrinkage out. Only worn a small handful of times. Has the red tab.

Anyone interested, drop me a line

i got the contest 811s w/c my brother had been trying to pry off me. his birthday is coming, so i might relent & give in.... or maybe cuz i've been eyeing on those deep dark indigo [30x dip dyed] + indigo dyed leather patched triple 8s. ;)

what a shame, are you giving up on the cut only or on the denim too? perhaps the 883s would be better?

The denim is lovely, but the cut just doesn't work on me. They're fine round the waist but too loose everywhere else. I've tried to love them but you know when a relationship just ain't working, eventually you need to be honest with each other. That time has come :(:P

The denim is lovely, but the cut just doesn't work on me. They're fine round the waist but too loose everywhere else. I've tried to love them but you know when a relationship just ain't working, eventually you need to be honest with each other. That time has come :(:P

no let me clarify: i meant are you giving up on the *brand* or the cut? are you selling your 811s to get another pair or try another brand altogether?

I like the denim, I like the brand, but the 811 doesn't suit me. Would happily try another model with the same denim or indeed an alternative brand. Sadly (or happily) at this moment in time I'd be happier with a different pair of jeans than cold cash which would only be frittered away.

Good ol' 883s. 1.5 years effective wear, lots of washes.

883Front.jpg

Dunno what happened to the combs. They're practically non-existent...

883Back.jpg

883TopBlock.jpg

883Patch.jpg

Cuffs.jpg

VertFallClose.jpg

On top of my new 888s.

888vs883.jpg

Compared to the 888 model.

883vs888.jpg

Edited by yakrian

I know it's been a few weeks, but if you still have these, I'd be interested in them. I sent you a PM with a few questions.

I've got some size 32 811's that i'm not really feeling. Despite fawning over a pair for ages, they don't actually fit me that well. I've got skinny legs and flat buttocks so get MASSIVE hip flare.

one warm soak from raw & 1 hot soak to try & get all the shrinkage out. Only worn a small handful of times. Has the red tab.

Anyone interested, drop me a line

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...