Eternal Jeans

minya

had my eternal 811's for about a year and 3 months and im a little apprehensive about my first wash (my first wash of any jeans at that), they've had 2 soaks one pre-soak and one hot. will post up pics in the morning but this is gonna be my first time washing them any suggestions? i got a couple of packets of samurai soap 'cause they're organic and was apprehensive about woolite or any liquid detergents. pointers? should i wash em in the tub or stick em in the machine. effects of both? thanks

had my eternal 811's for about a year and 3 months and im a little apprehensive about my first wash (my first wash of any jeans at that), they've had 2 soaks one pre-soak and one hot. will post up pics in the morning but this is gonna be my first time washing them any suggestions? i got a couple of packets of samurai soap 'cause they're organic and was apprehensive about woolite or any liquid detergents. pointers? should i wash em in the tub or stick em in the machine. effects of both? thanks

They're just pants, indigo-dyed pants, so I'll make this easy for you.

1. Turn them inside out.

2. Put them in washing machine.

3. Add some simple vegetable soap*

4. Turn washing machine on.

5. Hang out to dry.

*This is the only valid point of concern about the whole process. Basically, any simple vegetable soap will do: castille, Dr Bronners, Samurai Thunder Soap, Sugar Cane soap... etc. You can even use regular washing detergent but this is frowned upon due to the softeners/brightners/whiteners that are typically present in modern commercial detergents.

i use woolite dark and call it a day

• 3 weeks later...
So I went into big and asked for the eternal 811's. I got all fitted and left with a pair of one wash size 32's. I now look at the tag and it says No. 883. Did I leave with a pair of 883's or 811's!

I think the answer is in the question. Are you happy with the fit?

883's are slimmer in the leg; a "Tight-Straight" cut, if you will. 811's are a "Regular Straight" cut, similar to a 501 fit. When I bought my 883's in Tokyo, thats how it was explained to me. My copy of the Lightning Denim Buyer's guide explains it the same.

When I tried them on, I found the thigh was relatively the same in 811's and 883's...It's down at the knee and below where the 883's taper. (Also, the One-Wash Eternals will still slim up on you if you give them a hot soak/wash. Not a tonne, but it'll happen. Keep that in mind if you stick with the 883's.)

Hope this helps.

I am hoping, although the blue in green employee said they had already been industrial washed and that I should not expect much more shrinkage.

they'll definitely shrink after a wash. ive got the 811 ow and especially the inseam shrunk substantially after a couple of washes.