Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

My experience has been that a "hot soak" almost NEVER gets all the shrinking out of the way. This has happened with about 3 or 4 pairs now. I think the best is a hot wash, however if you have used bleach on any other loads of laundry recently you can get nasty results from the wash. Solution: adding boiling water constantly to a hot soak and agitating. This has worked pretty well for me. That said, I still prefer the results from a hot wash.

I got the same fabric and cut. As far as my experience with stretch is that I got mine 38x37 shrank to 36x35 after hot soak and then waist stretched back out to a 37-38.

Looking forward to your fit pic's!

haha my patch shrunk like a mofo too after a 90 degrees pre-wear wash. I have expected this since the patch is light and 'spongy' .

ooepatch.jpg

had to take it off since the waistband got crumpled up at the patch area

patch2.jpg

my pair is 32x36 Lot #3902

#39 denim is so comfortable but stretchy. Ive washed them at 90 degrees to get the maximum shrinkage but the waist can be easily stretched back without much effort.

Denim feels relatively lighter for its weight 14oz. not so hairy after wash.

if anybody getting fabric #39 done for their pair, i strongly suggest down size (from true waist) atleast 1 for regular fit or 2 if you want slim straight fit.

Fit pics coming up soon.

Hopefully Ooe can hook me up with some new patch.

Okay, I went through this entire thread today because I'm considering a pair of these. While there was a ton of info on the 01xx I don't remember seeing as much on the 02. Anyone who is a 31/32/33 in the 02 care to share some post-soak measurements? The measurements on the OOE site it make it appear like the only difference between the 01 and 02 is the slightly more tapered leg from the mid-thigh on down? Is that correct?

Also, anyone with the No. 49 or any of the other grey denims care to share their experience with that denim? I don't really need any regular blue jeans at the moment but I'm really itching for a grey pair. But I don't know as much about those beyond Ginko Biloba's pair back on page 37 (hopefully they've still got the 49 in stock, I can't seem to figure out if there is a way to tell on their site what fabrics are still being offered).

• 3 weeks later...

^ re: Grey denim. I have a pair of 5002s and love them. I only wear them a few days a month and don't expect any fades for years but I'm fine with that. Can post pics if you want. I posted the other grey samples further back in this thread, don't remember which #s off the top. The best way to find out what's available is to email them, they're usually really quick.

^ grmanny - Ask them to include a swatch for #75. It's weft is persimmon dyed, it's very dark with a pronounced twill and a solid 14 oz denim. I have a pair with the full knee patch and I like them a lot. Also, the #44 broken twill denim is unique - like no other denim I've seen and the fades are great as shown on their blog a few months ago.

Just gave the Ooe's their first wash, had an original soak on my #27 denim. These fuckers fade fast. There isn't a whole lot going on but I really don't do a ton of stuff. I work in an office and wear them in and out of work most of the time along with some general snow shoveling (lots of that in NJ this year) and running around. But for the 3 months that I've owned these they have about as much wear showing as my Ande Whalls did after over a year of the same wear. There is nice vertical falling and the denim reminds me a lot of PBJ. Some good slub and vertical falling. I'll post pictures when I get my replacement camera since my last one broke in the last snowstorm. Hopefully I can get my fit pics off of that camera as well.

bec0oh.jpg

Just shy of 3 months with the Ooe's. The picture is absolutely lighter than real life, its a new camera and I'm not positive how to get the trueist color in low light yet but I'll keep working on it. It at least lets you see the contrast starting on the fades. Great pair of denim!!

I would say the 02 cut fits more like Warehouse 800 instead of 660 based on measurements. It has a higher rise and roomier thighs than a regular 66 cut.

The measurements on the Ooe's website is very accurate. I measured the jeans myself and the measurements are pretty much the same as the ones provided on their website.

In terms of fit, yeah, it's '50s cut v. '66. I'm thinking buttons/rivets/etc..

I'm thinking of ordering an 02 and asking them to do hidden rivets, but I'm not sure what other details change between the two that I might want to ask for.

i'm pretty sure you should ask for the 02xx, then. the xx means detailing reminiscence of the 01xx, hidden rivets, and a few other things

Where on the website do you go to see what denim fabric is available?

I don't know if the fabric catalogue is on the website but

if you send them an email they'll send you zip files with their list and photos of the different fabrics.

Then they'll also send fabric samples on request. Brilliant service!