Workshirts

gimmegimme

My vote: If it's 50s, it's late 50s. I can't think of any circled R marks on denim clothing before 54, when Levi's introduced it, and it was another 4 or 5 years before it became common.

I would guess it's pre-66 or so, by that point Erwin and Cone, the main Sanforization licensees, had switched to wider looms, and it's unlikely you'd see any visible selvage.

still a wonderfull shirt, and great we asked him to make one. its kinda a sufu shirt. great. the bag and the duster look awesome too. the duster is a replica of a cant bust em duster. pity he didnt make it longer.

I still think he may make a couple of versions of that shirt...maybe one will have the detachable collar on it. I don't understand the attraction to the duster...big in Japan. It's meant to cover your dress clothes when riding in an open car of the early 20th century. Pretty odd otherwise.

I still think he may make a couple of versions of that shirt...maybe one will have the detachable collar on it. I don't understand the attraction to the duster...big in Japan. It's meant to cover your dress clothes when riding in an open car of the early 20th century. Pretty odd otherwise.

It's also great if you are stalking a family in the old west and you need to hide your shotguns. At least that is what I use it for. Just like in Once Upon a Time In the West.

polka dot shirt's plan is already up in Takashi's website

http://www.e-workers.net/store/upcoming.htm

where's the detachable collar :(

Fuck yeah. I love the rounded collar. Would be nice with a detachable collar as well, but beggars can't be choosers.

it. I don't understand the attraction to the duster...big in Japan. It's meant to cover your dress clothes when riding in an open car of the early 20th century. Pretty odd otherwise.

I have a nice duster by Haversack.....I never wear it , but it's so beautifully made that I don't wanna sell it.

Obviously I didn't realise until you told me that I could solve my conundrum by buying a Model-T or the likes. Well worth it.

I may be way behind the curve but...

http://www.rivbike.com/products/show/railroad-shirt/21-120

looks like a solid shirt for 58 bucks. Made in the USA

I agree, looks good maybe. Not crazy about the outside tag at the hip, but it's probably removable. Made in US is a big plus, especially for the price. If you get one, plz post pics, it'd probably convince a few more of us to try them...

Their use of the word 'embiggen' is also likable... it's a perfectly crumulent word, after all.

I may be way behind the curve but...

http://www.rivbike.com/products/show/railroad-shirt/21-120

looks like a solid shirt for 58 bucks. Made in the USA

I agree, looks good maybe. Not crazy about the outside tag at the hip, but it's probably removable. Made in US is a big plus, especially for the price. If you get one, plz post pics, it'd probably convince a few more of us to try them...

Their use of the word 'embiggen' is also likable... it's a perfectly crumulent word, after all.

Definitely interested in some pictures of this. Looks like a solid shirt.

Since everything else has already been done, I'm wondering why some intrepid retailer isn't offering to customize shirts with chain stitched names. Is the chain stitch used to personalize work clothing back in the day the same produced by the union specials?

Would this be taking the make-believe too far?

incredible shirt snake! perfect fit. how did you size and where did you get them ?

and true their leather jackets are beautiful. but oh the price

@fardin - Thanks. I bought the shirt from thewildone.jp through SharpService. I am a large or 40 in most Japanese shirts. My chest is between 39"& 40".

Post wash measurements of the shirt

chest: 53cm

shoulder" 44.5cm

sleeve: 61cm

length:71.5cm

@lostinthesupermarket - Bootlegger about to release leather jackets for this year(http://mirrorball.blog96.fc2.com/blog-entry-429.html). I really like Brakeman as well but damn the price.

Fit pics: http://store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/fortyniners1849/boot-08leatherjkt-brakeman.html

IHSH-21 Heavy Chambray Workshirt

ckB3W.jpg

228-1.jpg

228-2.jpg

228-3.jpg

Looks like the same fabric that SDA did for their heavy chambray. I think it comes in at 11 ozs.

I'm sure it's been asked and answered many times, but what is the purpose of the loose chain-stitched threads on the gussets of vintage workshirts?

I don't think anyone has answered it yet. I asked the question some time ago, but I think the consensus is that original vintage shirts during production the seamstress would create the chainstitch run off kinda as a biproduct of working fast when sewing the side seam.. The idea would be that these chainstitches would be cut off before the garment left the factory, but my assumption is that some found their way out of the factory. The japanese in reproducing work shirts may have acquired a taste for the "odd" ones, with this "defect" much like the peeking selvage on the coin pocket of jeans. What was considered a defect is now considered subtle details.