Workshirts

gimmegimme

I have the XL blue one. Gave it a hot wash and put it in the dryer and it shrank down about an inch. Did the same thing to the gray one and it lost about half an inch.

Exchanged the gray one of a large and love the fit. Got to find some time to swap out the blue one for a L.

The red one looks really nice. Plus it has all nice details like the blue one. Strange that they did not make the gray one the same.

What would be some good stores to go to in Chicago? leaving tomorrow for a last minute trip to see my sister for the weekend.

Broadway Antique Market

Edgewater Antiques

Night & Day Vintage

31st Street Antiques

US1 Vintage

Store B Vintage

Strange Cargo

Ralph Lauren has a big RRL section there in Chicago.

Looks pretty costumey tbh.

Don't really get what's costumey on it but oh well.

That doesn't look costumey at all... looks really average/ normal. The fit on the items is good, the styling is simplistic and the pieces themselves don't stand out in any way. (Not meant to sound like a bad thing in case it does)

It is extremely simple, but I'm just going for clean basics. This was last friday, and I got the jcrew mens catalog this tuesday, and there's a fit almost exactly the same in it, I chuckled a bit.

SNAKE wonderful shirts. can you give us the real measurements? and what size are they. pity must spread

Black Wabash - Large

Chest: 55cm

Shoulder: 47cm

Sleeve: 64cm

Length: 75cm

White stripe shirt - Large

Chest: 53.5cm

Shoulder: 45cm

Sleeve:62cm

Length: 72.5cm

Hope this helps.

@SLAB - Freewheeler/Bootlegger Reunion make really nice shirts. I love the buttons and the pockets of that red flannel.

I got this Bootlegger Reunion shirt in the mail today.

BOOTLEGGERS-NEALshirts_WhitePepper_.jpg

@fardin - I order the BR shirt through proxy. I threw it in the washer last night and this is my measurements of the BR shirt. (pre and post warm wash)

Size: 16

Chest: 55.5cm ---> 53cm

Shoulder: 46cm --->45cm

Sleeve: 64cm ---> 62cm

Length: 75.5cm ---> 73.5cm

If anyone knows a shop that ships international and sell Freewheeler/Bootlegger Reunion please do share the info.

I can't believe that I never saw the movie Boxcar Bertha before. I absolutely hate the fact that they completely (and unnecesarily) destroy two beautiful antique cars in it, but the whole flick is an unending parade of old-time workwear. Considering that it was made in 1972, it's likely that most if not all of it was original vintage. I think it tops Oh Brother Where Art Thou.

Warning for the above, you have to see David Carradine naked.

(but then there's Barbara Hershey as well...)

Is that naked with a noose around his neck? Cuz that movie was shot a few months ago.

Anybody have this shirt from K&TH (or it's brother with the same fabric)? I have had it for some time and have not washed it. I was wondering what the shrinkage is like. I can probably handle a little bit, but not much.

i3-1.jpg