Workshirts

gimmegimme

I think my post asking what size shirt you got and what your measurements are also got deleted. So what size did you go with? And what chest/arm measurements do you have.

key concept: WORK SHIRTS. people who do manual labor and need something to cover their bodies while allowing for excellent range of motion.

probably people who are not reading this thread

either way try left field and full count --they tend to have more fitting to them.

don't forget durable/functional..

and actually you will find that quite a few of us work in fields that are labor intensive.

I don't mean to rehash an old argument or incite ire, but having worked construction and having friends who still do, I'm just a bit put off that western shirts aren't included herein.

I can appreciate the aesthetic distinction; the fits and cuts are different and the respective histories are distinct, but, today, I bet you would see more western shirts among construction and manual labor folk and their foremen than what here is considered workwear attire. And since the kind of workwear shirts that are posted here are not necessarily all repros, it seems like an arbitrary distinction.

A western shirt is just as often a utility garment designed with function in mind as anything this thread is after.

Here is a pic from the WAYWT thread of the polka dot stifel print Freewheeler shirt. Probably the most interesting and seemingly authentic shirt.

waywtd2010222.jpg

Just got this SDA shirt in as well. A beautiful shirt, but a little surprised that the sleeve/body seam is overlocked and not felled. This could be because the heavy weight of the chambray may be too bulky for that seam and prevent it from draping correctly. As SLAB has pointed out before the measurements are a little awkward. The chest and length is perfect for me, but the sleeves are about an inch too long on me. I may do some altering on the length when I get my sewing chops up to snuff, but until then I think it fits pretty damn well.

The fabric is thick as hell and can take some punishment. This is a five button shirt, but two of the buttons are concealed, a nice little detail. Anyways, without further ado, I give you the SDA 11oz chambray shirt.

waywtd2010222sdaf.jpg

I don't mean to rehash an old argument or incite ire, but having worked construction and having friends who still do, I'm just a bit put off that western shirts aren't included herein.

I can appreciate the aesthetic distinction; the fits and cuts are different and the respective histories are distinct, but, today, I bet you would see more western shirts among construction and manual labor folk and their foremen than what here is considered workwear attire. And since the kind of workwear shirts that are posted here are not necessarily all repros, it seems like an arbitrary distinction.

A western shirt is just as often a utility garment designed with function in mind as anything this thread is after.

+1 for the westerns!