Workshirts

gimmegimme

That shouldn't bother me, but it really, really does. This shit needs to stop.

This doesn't really bother me too much, but just look at this forum and its explosion. Maybe Justin is posting on here as we speak. I wonder if he sized down two on his Flathead yadayadayada's to get that SUFU look. This shall pass as well.

Anything with this style on the cheap (relatively speaking)?

I just received a Big Bill 193 shirt in size MT. It's excellent, unbelievable value considering it's under $40. Workwear you don't worry about doing work in. You miss out on selvedge fabric, gussets, etc (though you do get a little pen slot in the pocket, which is nice), but come on, for the price?

I couldn't get a good shot, my little phone cam has moire problems trying to photograph stripes. However, there's some pics from Mavazi:

bigbill003_image1.jpg

bigbill003_image3.jpg

I just received a Big Bill 193 shirt in size MT. It's excellent, unbelievable value considering it's under $40. Workwear you don't worry about doing work in. You miss out on selvedge fabric, gussets, etc (though you do get a little pen slot in the pocket, which is nice), but come on, for the price?

I couldn't get a good shot, my little phone cam has moire problems trying to photograph stripes. However, there's some pics from Mavazi:

They have some great stuff on that Big Bill page. I'm loving the hickory stripe, do you think you could measure it? I have no idea what to think of the sizes they list. Thanks

Sure. This is for a size Medium-Tall (MT):

Pit-pit across back, 21.5"

Shoulder seam-shoulder seam across back, 20"

Shoulder seam to cuff, 26"

Neck, 16"

Bottom of collar-end of hem, across back, 33".

However, this is before shrinking. I gave it a couple minutes of hot water just to get the starch out, but I haven't given it a proper soak or washing. I have the Big Bill 121 (flannel) and it started off about this and is now about an inch or an inch and a half shorter in the body and a half-inch shorter in the arms.

• 3 weeks later...

ahh, I think it's a baby hippo! But, yeah, that Dickies shirt looks pretty bland. And huge.

I finally found a Sunny Sports red chambray workshirt in Japan. I'll post a link to the shop once it ships...

WTF is that? It's like half pig/half seal.

It's simultaneously cute and ugly, like a suicide girl.

Re; the Dickies stuff , the shirt is not that nice though I like the buttons. The pants may be a better bet since Cramerton cloth was the OG fabric for chinos in the '30's and 40's. It's 9 oz and for me that's a bit heavy for this type of shirt.

Dockers also did a chino in Cramerton recently. It was a limited edition of 1000 and was priced at $225 so I guess the Dickies version at least has a price advantage.

With the single stitching on the pockets, lack of gussets, four hole buttons and the later Big Yank label my vote is 60's or later.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong based on the tag alone. They made shirts with four hole buttons in the 1940's. Here's some tag examples for sanforized shirts:

40's:

DT_922.jpg

50's:

DT_367.jpg

60's:

DT_366.jpg

I think you are all wrong. It is a very well done Japanese repro with the intention of confusing geeky vintage experts. Hah!