Workshirts

gimmegimme

I'm sort of ashamed about how large my workshirt collection has become. Some of them (repros):

img0798p.jpg

Post O'alls. Not sure if it is more chambray or more oxford. They use great buttons, but their sleeves are way too short:

img0799k.jpg

img0800vo.jpg

And a vintage Big Mac oddity: 50/50, 70s collar, no triple stitching, very lighweight weeve, but thick selvage lines:

img0795j.jpg

img0796e.jpg

thoughts on LVC shirts?

i'm really interested in buying a half button placket shirt. not even necessarily a chambray one, but this one came up and i really like the striping on it. are there any other nice ones out there kicking around that i should also think about?

Went into Lizard Lounge here in portland today and they apparently have a bunch of LVC shirts. The people that work there are really pretty stupid when it comes to the denim and clothing they sell, but the LVC shirts looked nice. The red sunset one in particular. Also, one with wooden buttons was neat.

We need some pics man. I love the LVC sunset shirts. I haven't seen the red one yet.

LVC red sunset shirt from this season...

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=1541

Ehhh. Not much of a fan. I like the box better than the shirt.

2966_2010112211571357223.jpg

Is this a nice chambray shirt? or is it too unfashionable with its 1920s cut which wont make me look sexeh532_0.jpg

I personally love the fit but the sleeves probably have something to do with the time period.

very nice shirt; how is the LVC shirts sizing? Does anyone else here buy their pullover shirts one size larger? Takashi advised this because they would apparently be too difficult to take them off if TTS.

2966_2010112211571357223.jpg

Is this a nice chambray shirt? or is it too unfashionable with its 1920s cut which wont make me look sexeh532_0.jpg

I like this shirt.

I think the length of the sleeves of the shirt is because whoever was taking the pictures wanted the body fitted. That shirt should be a size larger for that model, which is fuller in the body, with the sleeves and shoulders measuring right.

In regards to pullover shirts. I typically wear an american size medium and an LVC medium usually fits correct. Here is a pic of my pullover bunkhouse from like 4 or 5 seasons ago.

waywtd2010529.jpg

I believe the shirt measures about 22 (pit to pit), I have a 40in chest and a shirt measuring 21in (pit to pit) fits "fitted" on me. I like the fit of the pullovers though. If you were to get a pullover that is fitted, then it will be difficult to get on and off.

I have the Sunset chambray shirt. I agree with rnrswitch, the fit on that model is wrong. Look at the shoulders. They are much too narrow. And the arms are too short, of course. I bought a large. My shirt size is 15.5x34. The fit for me is pretty standard, not too baggy, not too fitted. I am pretty tall and slender too. 6'2", 170 lbs.

The one thing I should mention is that the fabric is beautiful. Really dark indigo threads and some interesting defects, what I have seen called "loom chatter" though I may be wrong on the terminology. The material seems more like vintage chambray than a lot of the Japanese chambray I have seen which often seems too "wabi-sabi" to me.

The one thing I don't like about it is that the sleeves are fairly wide. Probably an authentic cut, but it still feels strange to me.

But I do feel a lot of love for this shirt. I just wish summer hadn't arrived, so I could keep wearing it.

Yeah, I have also noticed that the LVC chambrays tend to be a lot darker than much of the Japanese chambrays.

What are you supposed to put in the left pocket? A silver dollar? Half a stick of gum?

The sleeves don't fit the model because he's wearing the wrong size. Look at how the shoulder seams end three inches short of his actual shoulders. And that slouch, who hired this clown to model?

What are you supposed to put in the left pocket? A silver dollar? Half a stick of gum?

The sleeves don't fit the model because he's wearing the wrong size. Look at how the shoulder seams end three inches short of his actual shoulders. And that slouch, who hired this clown to model?

Hand rolled cigarettes fit in the left pocket.

I watched a Buster Keaton movie recently called Steamboat Bill, Jr. (1928). One of the characters wears a shirt with asymmetrical pockets very similar to the LVC one. There is something in the little pocket, but I couldn't tell what it was. It was shiny. Could have been a packet of tobacco or even a notebook. Unfortunately, he never pulled it out.

I'll try to post an image soon.