Workshirts

gimmegimme

Has takashi sent the emails about payment for those yet?

rnrswitch; I dealt with the same guilt trip; I harassed the guy for making a polka dot shirt so not ordering now would be rather lame.

That said, I have started harassing him for another design; a hickory stripe shirt; i'm going to ask him to use same/similar design as the Freewheelers shirt (which I love and want to buy so badly but thanks to euro value decreasing has become too expensive)

The term "wabash" describes a dyed textile which has been designed with a discharge print (traditionally pin dotted stripes).

The name comes from Wabash, Indiana where Indians (the Miami tribe) traded their wabash fabrics with the white man.

There is another theory that wabash comes from France but the oldest proof of a similar fabric is found on the base fabric of Indian headdresses from the Shawnee and Miami tribes.

Great info Kiya! +rep.

Like rnr I thought the name was related to the Wabash railroad. It's really interesting that it predates that and was originally produced by the indigenous people of that area. It's hard to find info on Wabash cloth although there is a bit around on the Steifel variants.

Anyone have any sizing info on Freewheelers shirts? And what about a recommended proxy? I've tried contacting SharpService before without getting a response.

http://www.thewildone.jp/SHOP/UNIONSPECIAL-1913ConductorShirts_CottonLinenHickory.html

I am a 39in chest and i went with a size 16. Mainly for the length. I hate when shirts are too short and come slightly untucked on the sides.

As a proxy I went with the rakuten proxy service. It was recommended by banana fish which is where I got my freewheeler's shirt, but i believe it was more expensive than some of the others.

Did you try Hide-san, never worked with him (them?) but I hear good things.

Chris

I am a 39in chest and i went with a size 16. Mainly for the length. I hate when shirts are too short and come slightly untucked on the sides.

As a proxy I went with the rakuten proxy service. It was recommended by banana fish which is where I got my freewheeler's shirt, but i believe it was more expensive than some of the others.

Did you try Hide-san, never worked with him (them?) but I hear good things.

Chris

17 seems like the right way to go for me. I compared the measurements with a Sugar Cane shirt of a similar style and cut and it seems to match the size L.

Are you referring to the Rakuten english site, or something else? They have the shirt, but only in a size 15.

Speaking of shirts I want, I might be buying this next:

http://www.thewildone.jp/SHOP/HOBOsJOINT-DELTABLUES_cottonlinen_CreamxIndigoSmallchek.html

Freewheelers has a very weird sizing imo. I seem to be in between sizes. size 14 being too small and size 15 a tad too big, do these still shrink? rnrswitch, do you have the hickory shirt? if so, a fit picture would be nice!

I want to buy that hickory shirt also but the euro hasn't been particularly helpful these months...

17 seems like the right way to go for me. I compared the measurements with a Sugar Cane shirt of a similar style and cut and it seems to match the size L.

Are you referring to the Rakuten english site, or something else? They have the shirt, but only in a size 15.

Speaking of shirts I want, I might be buying this next:

http://www.thewildone.jp/SHOP/HOBOsJOINT-DELTABLUES_cottonlinen_CreamxIndigoSmallchek.html

Actually, I just checked the site I went through and it is down. It was called the mult-product shopping service and it appears that it stopped around december of 2009.

Freewheelers has a very weird sizing imo. I seem to be in between sizes. size 14 being too small and size 15 a tad too big, do these still shrink? rnrswitch, do you have the hickory shirt? if so, a fit picture would be nice!

I want to buy that hickory shirt also but the euro hasn't been particularly helpful these months...

I don't have the hickory stripe. One freewheeler is good enough for me. A little too rich for my blood, but the one I have, I love.

Speaking of Freewheelers and bootleggers. Anybody interested in a slightly worn bootlegger jacket like in this link (size 42).

BOOTLEGGERS_RAILMANCOAT_INDIGO_WABASH.jpg

http://www.thewildone.jp/SHOP/BOOTLEGGERS_RAILMANCOAT_INDIGO_WABASH.html

It is slightly too big for me.

You're right about that. Aspects of the two biggest sizes would make for the best fit for me, but we'll see how it goes. I ended up getting the check shirt that I posted because it's available on Rakuten, and I don't need another striped shirt just yet (though my next purchase will definitely be the hickory stripe shirt).

img56035124.jpg

Got any measurements for this size? I would be interested if it's my size!

Check the sizes on the website in my previous post. The chest measures about 45 to 46 inches. It really is only slightly too big for me. I love the thing, but for the right price I might get rid of it.

PM me if interested.

Check the sizes on the website in my previous post. The chest measures about 45 to 46 inches. It really is only slightly too big for me. I love the thing, but for the right price I might get rid of it.

PM me if interested.

Only measurements for SZ 36 up on the link...that's why I asked! Sounds like it might be a little small...need 24" accross the chest for a jacket.

Creme de la creme.

How does it fit? Did you size right?

I think the fit is as good as I'll be able to get with their sizing. Too long to wear untucked (which isn't a problem), and it fits perfectly across the chest and shoulders. I'd like the sleeves to be a bit bigger to more comfortably roll up my sleeves, but I can't complain. The quality and fit is such that I'm seriously considering selling a few of my Buzz Rickson/Sugar Cane shirts for their Freewheelers counterparts. Rickson stuff fits too tight around the chest and the sleeves come up a bit short on me.

Watch out. That shit's addicting.

Freewheeler's/ Bootlegger's attention to detail is unmatched IMO.

They even have the Stifel boot logo printed on the rear side of their Wabash cloth, just as was done with the original fabric.

very true. i got 4 shirts from freewheelers and they are truly the best.

i would also add takeshi 's shirts as the best of bests.

i received the black railroad jacket he made last month yesterday and it is a pure class garment.