3sixteen Jeans

individualsole

nice, i didnt even noticed they started making an sl series for the grey until you posted kix. Do you know if they are raw or sanforized? I soaked my st-300 just to be sure and I couldnt tell if it actually shrank or I was just tripping out.

nice, i didnt even noticed they started making an sl series for the grey until you posted kix. Do you know if they are raw or sanforized? I soaked my st-300 just to be sure and I couldnt tell if it actually shrank or I was just tripping out.

All the jeans we make are of sanforized denim. That means that an initial soak is not absolutely necessary before wear.

I always suggest to customers to buy the tightest fit possible in the waist because it will only stretch out from the moment they try it on.

The 3sixteen & Self Edge Denim Contest

DCflyer.jpg

Since 3sixteen launched our denim at Self Edge a little under a year ago, we have sold hundreds of pairs of jeans to many satisfied customers. We decided to hold a denim contest in order to create a gallery of photos documenting the aging qualities of the denim. We announced this contest across all of the forum boards that we frequent and that support our businesses, but it is open to anyone who has put some serious wear into their SL’s or ST’s and want to show off their fades. All rules and details are below.

- All photo submissions are due by January 30th to [email protected]. You can include fit pictures and detail shots, but submissions must be limited to 4 images. We will not judge e-mails that include more than 4 images. Also include a scan of your Self Edge receipt or your order number as proof that you purchased it from one of the Self Edge stores. You can also include information about your experience wearing the denim; how many soaks, where you traveled in your jeans, how you got that giant hole in the leg from dropping your bike, etc. Please include your name and your forum handle(s). We will be posting some of our favorite submissions across all the forums.

- 3sixteen and Self Edge will judge the submissions and will announce and notify the winner in February. The winner will be given one pair of jeans of his or her choice from Self Edge and a $200 gift certificate to shop.3sixteen.com.

Thanks for looking and participating everyone! Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
I go by Martin. I'm 16 years of age. I work with my father in an auto/body shop.

After spending countless hours wet sanding a customers car, by hand.

Love to see these after a soak/wash!

For those who didn't catch it, there was a nice writeup on 3sixteen in NY Magazine's fashion blog, The Cut. It also came with a preview of our SS10 lookbook which was shot by Dan Chen at the Ace Hotel in NYC:

http://www.nymag.com/daily/fashion/2010/01/talent_scout_3sixteen.html

Also, here's a video that we released earlier this week. It's the second installment in an ongoing series called "A Day with 3sixteen." In it, our good friend and videographer Sarah Krusen followed us for a day and captured what it's like from her perspective.

http://vimeo.com/8479457

Jeans are looking good, everyone.

Looking at the photos of the worn ST's has me amazed at how much the cut can affect how the denim ages. My SL-100x which have been worn for almost a year (and gone though several washes) have less contrast, and looked nowhere near as faded at the half a year mark.

Stay tuned, boys and girls.

Stay tuned, boys and girls.

One year hand wash

Into the tub they go.

img1046p.jpg

After a quick soak, I turned them inside out, put them on.

img1048ic.jpg

I washed them with regular bar soap, and this hemp cloth which I normally use to shower with. Basically, I'm taking a shower with my jeans on. I've flipped them back out now to wash the outisde.

img1050ma.jpg

Here's the aftermath.

img1055s.jpg

It's not really visible here, but the hemp cloth took in quite a bit of the indigo from the wash.

img1060td.jpg

I flipped them back inside out, wrung them dry, and threw them into the dryer.

img1061w.jpg

We'll be right back after these messages