3sixteen Jeans

individualsole

@Andrew

Anymore info on the heavy weight sweatshirt? I think you posted/tweeted a sneak peak of it earlier...

They'll be releasing this August via our webstore and a few select accounts - heather grey and black with leather accents. That's all I have for now...

you wore it so hard your red selvage ID turned pink.

i believe its because of my camera, lack of light.. its still red tho'

And 2 years is a looooong time! How did you deal with the smell?

i put it on freezer after wearing..

the 30BSP

nice fit buddy..

here's the fit pic after machine wash yesterday..

V2HkURQ.jpg

more details soon..

My SL-120's are just starting to show some fades. And I thought for sure I would get a pair of black jeans instead. But I was wrong. http://elitistforthemasses.blogspot.com/2013/02/3sixteen-jeans-i-wanted-black.html

Patch, mine have loosened up everywhere, but it was a gradual, all over thing. The fabric has a nice hand, and I've so far avoided "knee bags".

definitely; it's my first 3sixteen denim, they started to soften up w/ wear; i gave them a soak after a week or two b/c they were still bleeding quite a bit and i like to do an initial/early soak on sanforized denim; at this point the denim is super soft and buttery

Edited by ironheartfan123

Well take a look how tight rimting's topblock is..... Either the seams will start tearing or a button will fly

I get it and I totally agree that most of these cases are likely cases of people trying to wear jeans that just dont fit them. With that said, there are LOTS of options when picking a pair of raws these days. Many, if not most companies are trying to hang their hats on the concept of "sturdy tough handmade quality construction rah rah rah". There is also that given in the raw game people are going to be sizing down unreasonable amounts and going to great measures to get that top button closed initially in attempt of their perfect fit. It is known.

At first it seemed like..."oh thats crazy! yer button came off"

now it's like "yup...you too? me too"

All that said, I've personally been enjoying my SL100's for 2+ years and have had no problems at all.

hardware you can always replace and as for button holes... give your jeans some TLC. get some needle and thread and reinforce them before the graying becomes worse.

i agree with you Guyute. you should initially get the perfect fit for you. if the fit doesnt initially take to your liking, maybe you need to try something different. just imagine every time you wash your jeans you have to go through the same stretching process. i've seen people use car jacks, bicycle handle bars and 3x4s to stretch their pair out. idk about you but doing that every single time i wash my jeans is way to cumbersome.

llvlaglne, I don't think that's what he's suggesting at all, at least not what his written words are suggesting. I think he is in fact stating that retailers/manufacturers should somehow adjust for this, and not agreeing with your thoughts.

He is saying that retailers are claiming their products are top notch in terms of construction, but they also know their customers are sizing down incredible amounts, and therefore retailers/manufacturers should do something about it to ensure that a man with a true 34" waist doesn't blow out the top button on a pair of size 29" jeans that measure 30" in the waist (or any similar sizing abomination to get that sweet, sweet, nut busting fit that is all the rage in certain circles on this forum).

That is absurd. If a customer chooses to take an insane path to a fit they want, then the destruction of their pants is entirely the customer's fault. The top button of a pair of pants does not need to be reinforced to fit any object of any size inside of it, just like if you buy a car that seats five you can't complain if you stuffed 14 people into it and something gave out. The product was not designed for that purpose.

The moral of the story: if you size down, don't complain about "construction" issues. They are not issues of construction, rather they are issues of you thinking your fat ass is smaller than it is.

I was talking about both sides of the coin really. Here we are assuming that all these people with button problems are a size 34 trying to squeeze into a 28 (or something along those lines, whatever). We don't really know how these people are sizing.

I'm giving 3sixteen the benefit of the doubt that people are "miswearing" these jeans, but that benefit is somewhat generous. We don't know whats being done to these buttons, but it seems like this is very common problem with these particular jeans. I don't think that can be disputed.

Admittedly, I don't know the finer details of construction/buttons/etc, but it is entirely possible that some jeans do have faulty buttons or whatever.

Some people MAY be trying to wear jeans that they shouldn't (what else is new in the world?)...but it's known that sizing down by a substantial margin is very common in the denim game, I don't think those people should be chastised unless it's unreasonable really.

by reading these forums for several years, I get the impression that a lot of the expensive denims people buy can really withstand serious serious wear and tear and abuse in the top block on from stretching. Think about what women put their jeans through for a tight fit and they are wearing crap 99.94% of the time.

Bottom line, this seems to happen a lot to these particular jeans, for some reason.

i have a solution.... if youre one of those people that size down to the point the button and hole arent even remotely close to lining up, then dont button the top button! its that simple. keep the top tight with a belt instead.

Edited by TooAwesome

i have a solution.... if youre one of those people that size down to the point the button and hole arent even remotely close to lining up, then dont button the top button! its that simple. keep the top tight with a belt instead.

I agree with this approach. Although only have to do this on one pair I own, due to incorrectly downsizing rather than deliberate.