3sixteen Jeans

individualsole

Does anyone know what the indigo bleed is like on the shadow selvedge?

Ghoul is correct - the shadow bleeds more than our standard indigo; I'd suggest avoiding light colored footwear and not tucking anything into your jeans (if you do usually) for the first 3-4 weeks of wear. Once you've broken them in, you won't need to worry about them bleeding anymore.

I don't get to wear my shadow selvedge enough since blue jeans are verboten at my place of employment. I cry about this often.

3Sixteen 30BSP fit pic with terrible lightning:

30bspfit.jpg

They are a W29/L35 and should have measured 29.5 inches in the waist according to Self Edge, but were much tighter when I received them (more like 28.5 inches, if not smaller!). They were so tight that I was hardly able to put them on and button them up, sitting down in them felt like somebody punching you in the stomach and I expected the buttons to give in any moment. And they pinched in the top block when walking stairs.

All in all, not the exactly the fit I intended and expected to have. So I decided to do a "stretch-to-fit": I soaked them, removed quite a bit of starch and excess indigo and put them on while they were all wet. Well, it worked. They now measure the 29.5 inches in the waist they should have measured in the beginning and feel *much* more comfortable. The seat area is still a bit too snug for my liking but I am confident that it will continue to stretch a bit with more wear.

The fact that none of the buttons fell off and no seams burst kind of speaks for the build quality of these jeans, they really were stretched a lot. :)

Looks killer.

Got my 30BSPs too. Def snug in waist relative to tag size but I'm not worried--should stretch well. Kinda wish the taper from knee down was actually a little more pronounced but overall I'm really excited to start wearing them in. Will try to add fit pics...

Since there seems to be a shortage of pictures of this particular 3sixteen+ jean, here's some fit pics of my brand new 3sixteen+ 11BSP's, which I just received from Selfedge. They already went through an initial ~60 minute hot-soak. I'm quite happy with the fit and the denim! I would like to get them hemmed, but I'll worry about that later... What do you guys think?

IMG_2228_zpsbeb95a88.jpgIMG_2227_zps9c226b6a.jpgIMG_2226_zps89111db2.jpgIMG_2225_zps11d92c1d.jpgIMG_2224_zps03414594.jpg

Edited by super_dork

Actually, I do have a small little quibble (very, very, VERY small quibble) with the fit of the 11BSP. If you look at the front-facing pictures, you may be able to see that button-fly seems to be off-center by a couple centimeters (it seems to be a little too far to my left/your right). Is this how they are supposed to be? Is it possible that this is a result of uneven shrinking from the initial soak?

Anyway, don't get me wrong: I'm already in love with these jeans (after about an hour of wear) and this small irregularity is not going to change my opinion. But if this is something I can fix (assuming it's wrong, i haven't quite decided yet since i looooove the way they look) I'd be interested in learning how.

Edited by super_dork

The fly looks perfectly normal, spacing looks no different than any of my pairs of jeans. Don't overthink this...

On the other hand, definitely get those hemmed. I think I've discussed this ad-nauseum on these boards, but if you're spending $200+ on a pair of raw denim, they deserve a proper hem before wearing - whether chainstitched from SE, BiG, etc. or just single-needle stitched (?) by your local tailor.

I feel like the Union Special at SE, BiG, etc. is under-utilized on jeans purchased online, for fear of wrong sizing and then ending up with an unreturnable pair of jeans. I don't know if SE accepts mail-in orders on jeans purchased online, but even if they do, I bet few customers bother sending jeans back in for hemming. Most people buying jeans through SE and BiG probably don't even know their finished inseam length.

I admit that I didn't know mine until recently, but now that I do, I'm having every pair of jeans hemmed before shipping when possible.

Yeah, I regret not getting them chainstitched by selfedge, though it was my first pair of non-Sanforized denim and I was worried, like you said.

While on the topic of shrinkage, I'd prefer them to be just a tad bit tighter. Do you think it would be worth it to put them through another soak to tighten up the top block, or would further shrinkage be too minimal to make much of a difference? The first soak was in warm but not very hot water for ~1 hour.

Again though, great pair of jeans! I hope I dont sound unsatisfied, because I love them, but its my first pair of unsanforized denim so I'm kind of learning on the fly.

Edited by super_dork

The top block looks like it fits you perfectly, I'd personally be uncomfortable if it were any tighter. My suggestion is to wear it for a bit and if you feel in a few weeks' time that you'd like it to be tighter then just soak the top block in hot water and it'll come in a little bit, but don't expect too much - a 60 minute hot soak would have gotten almost all of the shrinkage out.

Hey Andrew, do you think a warm/ hot soak for my CS would get out some hip flare? But would this cause the indigo to set and result in more difficult fades?

Possibly, I would give it a try. It won't cause the denim to fade more slowly either.