3sixteen Jeans

individualsole

I'm also about to pull the trigger on the ST-100x. However I am not sure how much to size down to get my desired look. This is my first pair of raw denim.

I have a pair of 31 jeans and have measured them to be 33 in the waist? These are a little too loose.

I have pair of chinos which I have measured to be 32 and these fit nicely, still a little room though.

My actual waist, it is 30.5.

I am thinking 30's for 3sixteens? or would they be too tight?

I'm looking to get a fit like these two

4f7d3eb4a50e8m.jpg

ac097759_IMG_1025.jpeg

Edited by ritchje

From what you said about the measurements of your current jean i'd go for a size 30 unless you're ok with dealing with a snug fit for a few weeks until the denim stretches out.

If you want a slimmer fit go for the 29, they'll be tight at first but will stretch with regular wear in less than a couple of weeks.

Excellent call on the 30s, Kiya; they just arrived. I think these will be a perfect pair of jeans.

I'm also about to pull the trigger on the ST-100x. However I am not sure how much to size down to get my desired look. This is my first pair of raw denim.

I have a pair of 31 jeans and have measured them to be 33 in the waist? These are a little too loose.

I have pair of chinos which I have measured to be 32 and these fit nicely, still a little room though.

My actual waist, it is 30.5.

I am thinking 30's for 3sixteens? or would they be too tight?

From everything you've said, I think the 30's should be the way to go for you. They start out at a true 31 and will stretch to a 32, which according to you will be good as you have chinos in that waist size that are still have a little room. The second fit picture you posted shows that you don't want the jeans skin tight, just comfortably slim.

I (we) need CL series updates AJ, Kiya, anyone :(?

They are on the production line right now; we're probably about 3 weeks out on these still. Wish they done sooner, but all good things take time I guess. I'll be first in line to snag a pair of the new CS-100x.

Edited by ajchen

From everything you've said, I think the 30's should be the way to go for you. They start out at a true 31 and will stretch to a 32, which according to you will be good as you have chinos in that waist size that are still have a little room. The second fit picture you posted shows that you don't want the jeans skin tight, just comfortably slim.

I just measured myself again and came out with the following measurements:

30' waist

10.5 thigh

7 knee

Do you still think I should go 30s?

Sorry for asking again but as I'm ordering from UK, returns would be expensive!

Edited by ritchje

I just measured myself again and came out with the following measurements:

30' waist

10.5 thigh

7 knee

Do you still think I should go 30s?

Sorry for asking again but as I'm ordering from UK, returns would be expensive!

That sounds right, a 30 would be a true 31" in the waist so you should be good to go.

any plans to make them in black denim????

Not at the moment unfortunately; if demand warrants it we may consider it.

What size are those?

Wow man, those really look great. Care to share when you washed them/soaked them?

Soaked them the first day I got them. Washed them at 10 months, 16 months, and 23 months. I just threw it straight into the laundry with all my darks.

Why retire? Just patch up/repair the back pocket.

Planning to put on 15 pounds again.

ajchen, debating the double black slim tapered, but my only concern is the back pocket size. I loved the cut on my previous 3sixteens (circa 2010) but hated the big back pockets.

Could you give me measurements? How do they compare to APC or Dior? Thanks.

Hey I have a question. I want to get a pair of st-100x in 28, but I noticed the inseam for all sizes is 37, why is that? It seems big, if I am 30 inseam in other jeans will I have to get it hemmed? and if i get it hemmed from 37 to 30ish would it look funny? Sorry if this is a dumb question or something

That's just how most raw denim are. It gives the wearer the option of hemming or letting it stack. Plus it's probably more cost effective as certain lengths may not sell as well and they'd just be sitting on the shelves.

I think SE or at least BlueOwl offers free hemming when you purchase from them. They wont look funny when you hem them but the hem wont be the same measurement.

ajchen, debating the double black slim tapered, but my only concern is the back pocket size. I loved the cut on my previous 3sixteens (circa 2010) but hated the big back pockets.

Could you give me measurements? How do they compare to APC or Dior? Thanks.

Let me know a size you'd like me to measure and I'll get that to you this week.

Any chance we will see the CL cut at SENYC by 10/22? Headed into the city and I was hoping to try/buy the new fit.

Love my SL-100x and SL-220x.

SENY will be getting a full size run of the CS-100x this week, and if we run out of any sizes we'll be able to restock pretty quickly.

Also when are they (CL) going to hit online?

SESF won't be offering the CS-100x at this time, so we're hoping to have them up and on on our own site in a few weeks' time once we get them shot.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!

I´m thinking of buying a pair of SL-100X in size 36. I´m a little concerned about the thighs though. Do they stretch much?

Since they´re sanforized I am not soaking, maybee just a cold soak, so there will be no shrinking I suppose?

Yep, that´s about it...

/

Alex

I´m thinking of buying a pair of SL-100X in size 36. I´m a little concerned about the thighs though. Do they stretch much?

Since they´re sanforized I am not soaking, maybee just a cold soak, so there will be no shrinking I suppose?

My STs are a little too tight on the thighs, and they haven't stretched much. No permanent shrinking after a cold soak, though. Guess SLs will be much the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought my second pair of 3sixteen denim, the SL-120x Shadow Denim.

My 3sixteen+ 21bsp now have a brother. The 21bsp have about a year wear (after work, casual fridays and weekend wear) but didn't get any wear for about three and a half months during the summer and living in an apartment during said summer. I shall post some pictures if the sun comes out today or tomorrow. They look awesome.