iconic denim photos

Bona Drag

On 9/7/2018 at 11:46 PM, 501XX4EVER said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present your new Double Denim inspiration, Mr Ettore DeGrazia

DJiRRSOVAAAcB6I.jpg

With Diego Rivera,

Ted_and_Diego.jpg

I thought that the jacket was a Levi's Type 1, but as it has a second pocket on the right, ???. The buttons seem to suggest a WW 2  era garment.

what calabrian steez via arizona with some excellent mexican work-wear partnership there...

he obviously really loved this shirt

[i mean, who wouldn't...]

ettore.png

ettore 2.png

5 hours ago, 501XX4EVER said:

22b6468deadc3c19_large.jpg

Been noticing a trend of Japanese brands making shirts with the collars similar to the shirt the kid third from the left is wearing.  Same thing with the kid at the end of the right side.  Seems very popular and I have bought shirts with that style as well.  I'm a fan of that open collar style as it doesn't choke me and it works good for hotter weather for breath ability IMO, whether you wear a undershirt or tank top underneath.

17 hours ago, 501XX4EVER said:

Is this the famous Triple Pleat Blouse that Levi's L.V.C. re-did a while back???

8a26604v.jpg

more likely a double-pleat with 2 pockets...also, it has a collar stand.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2018 at 7:15 PM, mlwdp said:

Been noticing a trend of Japanese brands making shirts with the collars similar to the shirt the kid third from the left is wearing.  Same thing with the kid at the end of the right side.  Seems very popular and I have bought shirts with that style as well.  I'm a fan of that open collar style as it doesn't choke me and it works good for hotter weather for breath ability IMO, whether you wear a undershirt or tank top underneath.

i loveee these collars.  also known as loop collar, johnny collar, camp collar etc.  japanese seem to refer to them as open collar pretty much across the board.  i first fell in love with them watching 11.22.63 a couple years ago on hulu lol and then went on a vintage hunt.  you can find em for pretty cheap on ebay and etsy.  i have one sun surf aloha shirt but i've been meaning to pick up some new japanese repro ones but just haven't got around to it.  i don't know why but to me that's how a collar should look.  i would be very interested to know any information about them at all if it's out there.  also  i was in japan a few months ago and these are very popular just with the general public.   you see tons of people wearing them walking around and i saw some for dirt cheap in this like knock off H&M/uniqlo (even cheaper than those places).  also at least 4/5 kids in that pic are wearing one haha just how shirts were made back then pretty much.  it even looks like there's a loop on collar of the kid who is wearing the polo and jacket combo haha

Edited by serotonin flood

• 3 weeks later...