Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

hello . im going to be ordering my 1st ever pair of sc`s this week sum time, and would luv it if i could get as many opinions as possible, im mad into that old classic original look. iv just discoverd sugar canes after years of searching and buying pairs of shite after shite, trying 2 replicate that classic look, colour and cut. (AT LONG LAST)... im more than likely going to order a pair of 47s as they seem to be what it is im after, and i dont fancy having to send them back. heres the question, im a 30waist and 32 leg.i dont like my jeans TO bulky or baggy, and (not TO tight) but just right, and after reading so much madness on this site i havnt a clue what size to buy or make (one wash or unwashed) 1 ,more thing, how do they fit at the bottom (around the ankles) i see history preservation does bootcut also, has anyone any advice on them???? would really value eveyones veiw. thanks every one....

Hello,

If you're truly a 30 waist, I would go with either 29 or 30. In my experience it is always better to size down as these will stretch quite a bit. As for unwashed vs washed, I'd go with unwashed then shrink on your own to help control your weight size. Soak a size 29 for an hour in warm water, ring them out, then put them on and go for a walk. This way they'll stretch out to your correct waist size. Give them a couple months and they'll be falling off your hips and you'll need a belt.

The are fairy straight from the knee down to the leg opening. Mine are 30/34 and the inseam measures more like 32-33. I dont have to cuff.

Hope that helps..

hi there, lookin to get some new jeans, been reading n reading...

but all the reading just gets me more confused....

i'm lookin for something that fits like apc NS(mine streched out so much i dunno what to do with it), but i like the materials n detailing on SC, is there any from SC that fits close to or exactly like APC NS? was lookin at the okinawas (snakeskin patch), the hawaiis (horse hair patch) can't really tell the diff... didn't try any was just looking.....

or should i be lookin at other brands like imperial or just get another pair of NS?

To be of slightly more help,

Yes, SC is not for you if you're looking for a "skinny" jean. The slimmest are 1945 and probably 1966 models but are not quite as slim as new standards. To be honest I'm not very fond of the SC47 fit and wear them primarily around the house or out when I'm tired of the "skinny" look and want something more relaxed.

If you're looking for something along the lines of new standards I'd highly suggest Pure Blue Japan XX-005. These are even slightly slimmer then my new standards but without the tapered leg. Another wonderful option are Samurai S5000VX, my favorite pair. They fit very similar to New Standards, but again without the tapered leg.

These are just a couple options that I own. I'm sure there are other options out there as well.

seriously??? FALLING OFF MY HIPS!!!! if that duz happen il be ok to throw them in the dryer wont i ??? is`nt that dooibble?? are unwashed not ment to shrink two sizes smaller and stay at that size??? to be honest to you (and myself) i think im probably more like a 31w possibley even a 32w but id say closer to 31w or 30w.. so i should still be ok with the 29`s yeah??? THATS KIND OF A KICK IN THE SPUDS NOW TO BE HONEST!!!

seriously??? FALLING OFF MY HIPS!!!! if that duz happen il be ok to throw them in the dryer wont i ??? is`nt that dooibble?? are unwashed not ment to shrink two sizes smaller and stay at that size??? to be honest to you (and myself) i think im probably more like a 31w possibley even a 32w but id say closer to 31w or 30w.. so i should still be ok with the 29`s yeah??? THATS KIND OF A KICK IN THE SPUDS NOW TO BE HONEST!!!

Yes, they will stretch anywhere between 1-2 inches after a few weeks of wear.

I wouldn't put them in the dryer but rather hang dry them.

If you're 31w, then get a 31. You indicated you were a 30 in your original post. I'm suggesting to err on the small side and control the size with soaking and wear while drying.

I ordered some SC1947s from 2000db last week. The cost, delivered to the UK was $165. That's £86 at current exchange rates.

It costs £160 to buy the same jeans from Togged or American Classics. Basically, it's a lot cheaper to get Sugar Canes directly from Japan than pay the inflated costs in the UK.

Try 'em on first at American Classics and then order from Japan.

Jeez, that's a good price. Wish I'd known that before I forked out for mine...

I'm a 34 waist and my SC 1947s are a true 34 that haven't stretched much on me in over three months of wear - but I'm fine with that. Won't wash 'em for about a year, though. Maybe only dryclean them. My Nudie Baggy Bjorns, on the other hand, have stretched out to about a 38 in around three months of wear. Frickin' hanging off me.

ok, thanks braidkid... would you say the dryer will gamage them?? which model gives the most comfortable fit (as in not loose and not tight) if you know what i mean!!

I put mine in the dryer for about 30 minutes after soaking to help shrink them up. No, I dont believe doing this one time will damage them. However, I wouldn't make it a regular habit. Mine will never see the dryer again now that the initial shrinkage is out of the way.

Only SC's I have any real world experience with are the 1947's. I believe all of the sugarcane models are going to fit your description of not loose and not tight. The Okinawa models are the fullest cut I believe while the 1945 and maybe 1966 are the slimmest. You may want to compare LVC Levis 501 to the SC47. If you're looking for something slightly slimmer, these may fit the bill.

To be of slightly more help,

Yes, SC is not for you if you're looking for a "skinny" jean. The slimmest are 1945 and probably 1966 models but are not quite as slim as new standards. To be honest I'm not very fond of the SC47 fit and wear them primarily around the house or out when I'm tired of the "skinny" look and want something more relaxed.

If you're looking for something along the lines of new standards I'd highly suggest Pure Blue Japan XX-005. These are even slightly slimmer then my new standards but without the tapered leg. Another wonderful option are Samurai S5000VX, my favorite pair. They fit very similar to New Standards, but again without the tapered leg.

These are just a couple options that I own. I'm sure there are other options out there as well.

thanx for the reply, lucky me that theres ppl like u still around, didn't know there's so many elitest here, thought its all bout educating n spreading the knowledge, not tryin to start anything but with replies n qoutes like those....

well thanx very much again...

not lookin for the "skinny" jeans look, just something that fits similar n actually i want it without the tapered leg. i'll most prob have to give them a try, hopefully i find something.

thanx for the reply, lucky me that theres ppl like u still around, didn't know there's so many elitest here, thought its all bout educating n spreading the knowledge, not tryin to start anything but with replies n qoutes like those....

well thanx very much again...

not lookin for the "skinny" jeans look, just something that fits similar n actually i want it without the tapered leg. i'll most prob have to give them a try, hopefully i find something.

umm... i put your posts thru google translator and it still didnt make sense... maybe you could try spelling and using words, and searching the site for info, and people will be more willing to help.

Sounds like Samurai S5000VX is exactly what you're looking for. Size down one from your normal size though. I wear 28 in new standards and 30 in all other jeans. However, 29 in S5000VX fits me perfectly and is not too tight.

how should i first wash my sugar cane 47`s when they arrive, what works best??

Depends if they're one wash or unwashed. If one wash, most of the shrinkage is done for you. I'd just soak them in warm water for an hour and hang out to dry. If they're unwashed, try them on first to determine how much shrinkage you need. If not a lot, soak in cold water for maybe 30 minutes and hang dry. If they need to shrink considerably, soak in warm water for an hour or two and throw them in the dryer for 30 minutes. Soak again to be sure most of the shrinkage is out of the way but I wouldn't put them in the dryer more then once. Just the way I'd do it, YMMV.

just search the MAIN rakuten site at http://www.rakuten.co.jp for sc40285 and see what comes up.

the frisbee shop at http://www.rakuten.co.jp/frisbee/427582/432105/#512996 has 30-36 in and vintage has 29 in at http://www.rakuten.co.jp/vintage/726391/726428/735585/#786366

I was assuming you wanted the not-hard-washed A version which I am presently wearing right now! I can wear jeans in elementary school if they are brownish yellowish! Word.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

CHANGE OF PLAN!!! PLEASE READ BEFORE EMAILING ME

I'm taking a break! I won't be taking any new orders starting from... now. I will resume the service in a week or two maximum, but right now I really need a time out from the internet completely. Sorry for all the trouble, but if I keep going right now I'll just make tons of mistakes and probably kill myself in the long run... Don't PM or email me expecting a reply as I won't check my emails for a week. I'm addicted to the net and I need a break. Thanks, sorry and all that.

just search the MAIN rakuten site at http://www.rakuten.co.jp for sc40285 and see what comes up.

the frisbee shop at http://www.rakuten.co.jp/frisbee/427582/432105/#512996 has 30-36 in and vintage has 29 in at http://www.rakuten.co.jp/vintage/726...735585/#786366

you can use j-e-a-n-s.net as well to do a search, just select the brand using the combo boxes and type in the model number.

Just got my One wash 47's size 32 from Hinoya (No custom charges!) and the fit is spot on. Nice and snug around the thighs and arse. The thing is, they're not super stiff but the fit is great and to be honest I don't want to soak them as the arse tends to stick out for a while. My question is, does anyone just wear the one wash straight out of the box without a soak if not needed? I'm not super crazy into combs behind the knees and that as they're gonna get some hard wear anyway as I work in a warehouse. Just wondering if they will fade as nice? Cheers.

Just order from earthmarket if you really want your stuff so badly. Cheaper and way faster ordering direct.

Anyway, seems to me most people posting on this thread has 1947's. Anybody here have okinawa/hawaii/edo ai? I'll post some progress pictures of my Edo ai's as soon as time permits.