Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Hi, I just bought a pair of Sugarcane hawaii one wash......the color is awesome, but it bleeds onto everything. Will soaking them keep the color but slow the fading? What temperature should I soak in?

Also, will that itchiness go away after the first soak?

Hi, I just bought a pair of Sugarcane hawaii one wash......the color is awesome, but it bleeds onto everything. Will soaking them keep the color but slow the fading? What temperature should I soak in?

Also, will that itchiness go away after the first soak?

I have never tried these jeans on my own, but i have heard that they will bleed a lot for a very long time. I have read about people who have soaked/washed these jeans many times but they still bleed as much as when they are new.

Thanks Meader, do you know anything regarding solutions to the itchiness of the denim?

Haha, I was thinking that I should write what I know about that too, but I could not find it in your post. Guess I did not scroll down. From what I have heard, it will soften up after you wear them for a while. So just wear them.

i currently have these as one wash and yes they are like you said itchy and crocking a lot.

but i did notice that when i cold soaked them even after they were "one washed" this make the crocking a little bit less, and the color did not change at all.

maybe try that again.

I'm working on a brand new pair of Okinawas, bought one wash: They bled like crazy the first week, but now have seem to have nearly stopped all together. First couple of days had blue hands, blue legs, and a blue sofa, but now I treat them like all of my other raw denim and don't seem to be getting indigo all over everything.

I don't really find them itchy at all either. You can clearly feel the stiff sugar cane fibers when you run your hands over them, and the denim has a nice thick, coarseness to it, but have never found myself thinking "boy these jeans are itchy"...

The fading has been much faster than my pbjs so far. The PBJ denim is coarser and more uneven, but the SC denim seems much inkier, with more indigo to move around on the surface of the yarn

to be honest i think for anyone with eczema (a common condition in the tropics), the sugarcanes will definitely pose a bit of a problem. in that sense, they can get itchy...definitely felt a little like they were irritating my skin when i put them on. doesn't mean i won't get a pair in the future though. :)

I finally saw it the other day. It's designed by Christophe, the owner and it's based on 30's workwear with a twist. It has a patch ( rather large ) on one side, cinch-back, side pockets and uses 3 different kind of cottons/fabric on the denim itself. I didn't buy it on the spot because I bought the KMW "Rocker" this week and can't justify buying 2 denims in one week. It's quite a unique jeans. Check and call them up for more info:

http://misterfreedom.com/

If I can get my POS digicam to work I will post some pix. :) Basically I did some wet stretching on the leg opening so that they look COMPLETELY straight and almost a hair bootcut - kind of like RRDS. I purchased my normal size (36) and was glad that I did. They were VERY snug at first but wearing them in the tub during the soak and a few days wear helped that out. The really drastic crocking has finally started to slow down some but they still bleed a ton.