Sugar Cane Denim

allacedout

Nice fit CTB!

And here's a completely random question for whoever is in the know: Why are 66's so much more expensive than the 47's? The cotton used? All the detailing? The fact that it's made in the US? There are no hidden rivets, either..to stay faithful to the 501 in 1966..but I fail to see how that would add expense. smaller production runs? no idea

Nice fit CTB!

And here's a completely random question for whoever is in the know: Why are 66's so much more expensive than the 47's? The cotton used? All the detailing? The fact that it's made in the US? There are no hidden rivets, either..to stay faithful to the 501 in 1966..but I fail to see how that would add expense. smaller production runs? no idea

I would imagine them being made in the USA is largely responsible...

Nice fit CTB!

I was wondering the same thing. I ordered both the 66's and the 47's from the attic sale expecting there to be a bigger difference in some if the details... I would have to imagine it's the "made in the USA" factor too.

The 66's were perfect so I decided to keep them and sell the 47's...

Size 34's if anyone is interested.

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=140068

Just got my '47s in the mail. A couple questions:

They fit perfect right out of the box. Is this ok? What kind of shrink/stretch will these do as I rinse and wash them?

The top box is a little baggier than I'd like considering how skinny I am. Would this be solved if I sized down? Not sure I could fit into a pair with a full inch taken out of the waist. Would they stretch if I sucked it up?

Just got my '47s in the mail. A couple questions:

They fit perfect right out of the box. Is this ok? What kind of shrink/stretch will these do as I rinse and wash them?

The top box is a little baggier than I'd like considering how skinny I am. Would this be solved if I sized down? Not sure I could fit into a pair with a full inch taken out of the waist. Would they stretch if I sucked it up?

By the way, they're one-rinses. Not raw selvage.

They don't shrink much, maybe less than half an inch but can stretch to....an inch or so?

my normal size is 29 and I bought a size 28 Okinawas, they hurt at first but stretch out to a comfortable fit. The waist size is like 30 now.

You can try soaking them but they won't do much since it's already washed. Also, if you're trying to get a skinny look out of these jeans by down sizing, then you bought the wrong jeans.

I just put up on EBAY a pair of Sugar Cane Denim 1966 selvedge jeans. The only reason I am selling them is that they are just a little too big for me. I thought they would shrink after I soaked them but they did not. I paid $295 for them just a few days ago at Self Edge in San Francisco.

I wore them only for a few hours so there is no wear or any signs of use. I gave them a cold soak and hung them to dry but since they are not fitting me well, I decided to sell them. I did have them professionally hemmed with chainstiching so they are now an inseam of 33" instead of 34.

All in all this is a fantastic pair of authentic Japanese selvedge denim that are ready to be broken in and worn every day! I blew it by getting the wrong size... Now you can benefit from my mistake and get them for way cheaper than they are worth!

I'm not a scammer, I'm just a guy who bought the wrong size!

Thanks!!!!

it was just one of those days. things weren't fitting right... i just didn't pay attention to the cut of the jeans. i just kind of "forced" myself into getting the sugar canes because of the denim but the cut ended up being not right for me.

get it now, invincibe?

still kind of strange

Guest devil.beside.you

Just recieved my rainbow okinawas from hinoya

first time posting pics...so please excuse the quality.

014wg1.th.jpg

017cq4.th.jpg

I miss the clean finished sheen that my ironhearts have, but the denim feels very very light yet interesting in compairson

019gj0.th.jpg

Sexy pockets..

020ky0.th.jpg

021tw6.th.jpg

and a fit pic i suppose

028oe1.th.jpg

Does anyone have pictures/experiences with this pair?

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/sc40601/

Here's my pair that i wore for six months:

http://skidknee.net/blog/blog/fashion/kiyas-sugar-cane-slack-denim-jeans-—-6-months