Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

jmiller, can you button those up? 710s are slim straights, you want them even skinnier??

Yeah, I can button them up no problem. I know Sam's are not meant to be super skinny skins but I'm looking for a more slim/tapered fit than these. 710's may not be my joint after all but I absolutely love the quality and weight of these bad boys.

ok, i know some of you are going to banish me for blasphemy but I gotta get this out of my system -- the Blue Shadows...undeniably beautiful and gorgeous details but...do we really need a lighter weight 710? I ask not as a hater but as a lover: I've become Samurai obsessed this past year and the devoted fan says "GET THESE!!" but the rational thinker says, "Really? what's the point?" I get it when heavier versions of the same model come out, or when special weaves and dyes are used (the whole "Elements" gimmick was genius and therefore worth every penny of getting another s5000) but other than the fact that these are 17oz and not 19, is the denim really all that different to justify another pair of 710s? Please...rationalize for me...

I used to be a heavyweight denim bigot. Sugarcane Okinawa changed my mind completely...As others have pointed out, heavier does not mean better. I actually developed a hole in the rear pocket of some very well-known 21-oz Japanese denim (give you a hint, not Samurai and not Naked and Famous), and I don't wear my jeans hard or tight at all ! I was shocked !

After dabbling my toes into sub-15oz via the Okis and actually loving it, I opened my mind more...and now 15-ozish or so is fine with me. To be honest, I'd even go lower if the denim quality were beautiful (example, Real Japan Blues).

That's not to say that I don't enjoy heavyweight denim...I do. But I enjoy the lower weight varieties as well.

Did you see dkatz's statement that his RxC have held up (without falling apart on him) better than any jeans he's ever owned ? I'm amazed that my own ROY Nihon weren't ripped to shreds after the abuse I put them through on Mt. Whitney !

yes, I'm really enjoy wearing my Denime (14 or 14,5oz) at the moment. Especially as we finally have our "summer" here in Germany.

Wearing heavy denim is an interesting experience and kinda cool, wearing jeans that are twice as heavy as the average denim the guys around wear.

But sometimes I just want to wear 'simple' jeans without to much gimmicks and then my Denime kick in. Or the pretty normal Samurai S0500XX (that's why I'm really looking forward to wear these 15 months sraight).

Did you see dkatz's statement that his RxC have held up (without falling apart on him) better than any jeans he's ever owned ? I'm amazed that my own ROY Nihon weren't ripped to shreds after the abuse I put them through on Mt. Whitney !

I think his Roys are holding up better than other jeans he's owned, because they fit bigger than those other jeans. The tighter the fit, they more strain you're putting on the denim itself and the stitching. With a more regular or relaxed fit, you're not going to be blowing out the crotch or tearing the edges of the front pockets apart.

I used to be a heavyweight denim bigot. Sugarcane Okinawa changed my mind completely...As others have pointed out, heavier does not mean better. I actually developed a hole in the rear pocket of some very well-known 21-oz Japanese denim (give you a hint, not Samurai and not Naked and Famous), and I don't wear my jeans hard or tight at all ! I was shocked !

Here's the kicker, thick leather patches(very hyped) are worse than thinner ones. Folks here tend to overcompensate for something, but what could that be??;)

do we really need a lighter weight 710?

The 710's they made in 15oz texas cotton sold out immediately, but not sure why you'd want them heavier than 19oz anyway, other than wearing in the cold.

I just ordered 25oz IH's for one reason only - so I don't have to put on long underwear every day all friggin' winter.