Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

It all depends on how hard you wear them. But Samurais retain their indigo very well so you can wash whenever you want pretty much. Ultimately, Jeans are still jeans and they're meant to be wash so don't put fading in front of sanitation.

Generally, this is true. Especially the last part. Even so, the jeans are going to look better if you hold out on washing for a while. With very few exceptions, the jeans I've seen from the "I was every two weeks" camp look underwhelming. If you want a high contrast fade (maybe you don't), it's not going to happen if you're washing all the time without wearing the jeans hard.

Contest winners 1&2 explaining their washes:

#1- adsurgo

i didnt actually wash in a machine with soap til this month. i did do a few showers in them around month 7, 9, 10(after ocean wash) and 11 and a half though. i also did an ocean wash around the 10th month (an awesome experience btw). i did some sledding in them at months 3 and 4 and during 8 and 9 while i was on tour i didnt wear them everyday but when i did i beat them hard. i have played over 100 shows in these and theyve been to like.. 20 or 30 something states. by the time i finally washed them they were fucking disgusting but it didnt really bother me.i love these and these will still be worn for a while. its hard to tell but i have had like 6 pocket repairs. they keep breaking and falling off. the majority of my back pockets right now are actually being help on by safety pins. ahah

#2- horriblyjollyjinx

Worn for 11 months(got mine late), roughly 10 months of effective wear(300 days).

This is after 4-5 soaks, one machinewash and before the second machinewash.

Has anyone ordered the 710BK's in one of the bigger sizes yet? Looking at the BiG size chart I think I'd need the waist of the 36, and the legs of the 38. The contest 660's in 38 are loose enough on me that I need to wash them every month to shrink the waist back down, but it looks like the 710's are a lot slimmer than the 660's in the same size.

nogami san above all else is known for making extra-heavy denim that fades beautifully. the denim they make is extra-heavy, so to get the the full beauty out of them, you have to wear them extra hard. the twill line is deeper on the heavier denims( the 19 an 21's) so to get the warps to fade all the way to the whites will be more labor intensive. they are extremely well dyed, so they only show wear where they are WORN. they retain indigo wherever it hasn't been crocked off.(like jeans are supposed to) wash/soak them however often you like. H20 doesnt scare these babies only time and wear will give you what you desire...so wear them.

Good shit Dino. Did you soak them yet? Or will you?

lolz. that was them prolly like 6 mon or more ago when they were new. the links got fucked up though and thorough wanted to see so i reposted. and yes, they had been soaked in that photo, i never dont soak.

thx dino. they were size 32 right? i would rep if it would let me so someone else rep for me if you can. the blacks are def my next denim purchase.

yes, tagged w32, my blacks are FINALLY being shipped out from hong kong tomorrow. can hardly wait

thanks for the kind words on the fit all.

samurai 0500 owners...how do you deal with the way the thighs are cut? i'm trying very very hard to convince myself to keep these but the way the thighs/hips balloon out, may have to sell them.

i did another measure last night and i dont think its shrunk down to size yet...so may need to do a 3rd soak...but this time just throw them in the hot washer with no detergent.

fndmybetterhalf - did you get true to size with the 0500? i have no ballooning at the hips and i've only had mine for a month.

i sized down 1 from true waist. waist is perfect post soak but my hips and thighs dont fill out the area so it kinda balloons out around the hips. i was reading through the 0500 contest thread and apparently it was a common complaint from alot of people. i think after some wear it'll eventually just drape better or something...gonna keep up with it.

Bleh....I just put my s710bks in for a second hot soak....I'll probably take fit pics after this, but the length isn't working for me....I really should have got them hemmed from BiG....but I rather have other opinions to help....

You can always get them hemmed post soak.

I just hot soaked my S0510XX-10SPs and now I can't button up the top 2. Will these stretch enough? I don have any experience with these, just the zero denim.

Probably...I usually can't get the top two buttons done up after soaking/washing. If you weren't able to button any of them up, then I'd say you had a problem, but you should be fine.

No pain, no gain.