Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

What's strange is that only the top three buttons have rusted... The two others have no rust at all, still kind shiny... Don't really why it's happening only on those ones but I kind like them this way.

Gonna have to wait and see if the same will happen on my S710XX 17oz 15th anniv..

What's strange is that only the top three buttons have rusted... The two others have no rust at all, still kind shiny... Don't really why it's happening only on those ones but I kind like them this way.

Gonna have to wait and see if the same will happen on my S710XX 17oz 15th anniv..

The 710 buttons rust even easier, on the outside as well. (my 5000 or 500 buttons didn't, so far at least). Salt will speed up rust, so maybe you did sweat a lot in these jeans.

The backs of my s5000 buttons are also completely rusted, especially the top button.  I agree, salt is the culprit and the top buttons have more direct contact with your skin so they have more exposure to salt.  As with Max, the outsides of mine are still (no longer shiny, but not rusted).

Yeah, that's right. I've worn those in warm weather countries (New Guinea, Dominican Republic, Curaçao and so on...) so I surely sweated a lot in those jeans. And same as you, the outside of the buttons are not shiny anymore but not rusty like the back of them.

But damn, I love these jeans! Started to get addicted!

My Samurai S5000VX-15th 25oz I got from Yuichi came in today.  I got the one wash version.  I didn't expect them to be so soft.  I'm used to slimmer fits, but i didn't like the rise on the 710s.  I like how these fit with boots, so I think I got a keeper :)  sorry about the crappy pics.

TcLPaix.jpg?1

iOkTDk3.jpg

Must be the one wash that softened them up some. I got a raw pair from BiG and they were pretty rigid. After wearing them for a week straight and giving them a couple hot soaks they are a little more forgiving but will still stand up on their own quite easily.

I'm really liking this denim and how dark it is and heck sometimes you just need shiny gold buttons and selvedge line.

Must be the one wash that softened them up some. I got a raw pair from BiG and they were pretty rigid. After wearing them for a week straight and giving them a couple hot soaks they are a little more forgiving but will still stand up on their own quite easily.

I'm really liking this denim and how dark it is and heck sometimes you just need shiny gold buttons and selvedge line.

yeah, i'm really diggin'  the gold buttons :D

^^ that's a very solid fit above! :)

thanks b_f...  it was 'cause of you i went with this particular model.  you said something about them being a slim fit if you sized down correctly.  i had the 710s, but the rise on those really bothered me.  anyways, thanks!

i actually had them hemmed to 34...  like my unbranded 221 21oz, but since those are tapered, they stack better.  i probably needed a 32 on these, but when i double cuff, i get a really clean look.  i can just cuff.  i dunno, i kind of like the sloppy look with my bulky red wings.

Edited by joekix

I would still hem them. You can easily take 1,5" or more off and be able to wear a single cuff. Of course, they're your jeans, but I say that for two reasons:

first: the current fit would look fantastic and clean in the right length(no cuff). Stacking on 25 oz denim is hard, as it may not drape easily like thinner denim.

Second reason: you will either rip the hem by walking on it - especially in sneakers-   or need to wear double cuffs that will result in cracking at the folding edges. I hemmed my 500 for the same reason and couldn't be happier with it. Do it right from the start and bite the bullet of getting a hemjob. You will thank yourself later.

Sorry, didn't mean to write such an essay.

Edited by Max Power

ok mp and b_f... i do have a place that does chain stitching right down the street from me.  my question is, since these are one wash, how much more do you think they'll shrink?  most of my jeans are hemmed to 32.  should i get these hemmed to 32.5, 32.25, or just go 32?  i don't want them to be under 32.    I really don't want cracks from double cuffing.

Well, nobody has much experience with this denim, but i think the japanese one wash process takes out a lot of the shrinkage (on the pairs I've seen so far). And Samurai denim usually shrinks not that much after the initial soaks, even less after a wash.

I would fold the jeans at the length where they touch the ground when you're barefoot and then add ~1" for the combs to set in (they will shorten the effective length of the inseam) and possible further shrinkage. this should be the final length.

Well, it is a common fact (or believe) that you have to hem your inseam slightly longer than you want them to end, because you will “lose†length from the forming of the honeycombs while wearing your jeans in. But when wearing the jeans and stretching the waistband, the jeans often sag more which will “add†to the length.

All this said: although they are one-wash you should expect them to shrink a bit more and also don’t forget the “honeycomb formingâ€. Wear them for another week or so and see how the inseam changes.

It would be safer to go with 32,5†rather than 32†directly.

My Samurai S5000VX-15th 25oz I got from Yuichi came in today.  I got the one wash version.  I didn't expect them to be so soft.  I'm used to slimmer fits, but i didn't like the rise on the 710s.  I like how these fit with boots, so I think I got a keeper :)  sorry about the crappy pics.

They're industrially washed, so they come out pretty soft. How my X-33 came, personally would rather wash em my self, as I like them to be rigid after the wash.

Looking for a second pair of denim. Need some recommendations! Wearing a size 33 in the IHBX01, waist is stretching too much, probably need more room in the thigh about 0.5inch, looking for a slim fit, with taper from knee down. Am I in the right direction to be looking at the 5k series instead of the 710? I have athletic thigh, makes it kinda tricky to look for one perfect fit.