Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

That flasher is pure class. I saw that model in Aikidou acouple of days ago and the guy in the shop explained to me the details. Apparently the back pockets hide some kind of special pattern or something.

Yeah, every element in the flasher (Glico man, Osaka Castle, Billie Ken, Tsutenkaku Tower, etc) are the main turistical spots in the city.

Another cool detail of the jeans was the red tab with silver letters in the back pocket. I think you made a very nice & unique purchase. The guy at the shop told me they don't have many left.

Perfect fit and fading patterns on them. Like always seen at Flo's legs as a professional fader

Dont know if all of you know about this, but in Malaysia there is an industry where people ship a bundle of used jeans and clothes from japan and scavenge for a well worn pair of raw denims or shuttle-loomed t shirts. one of the pairs that they scored, got me questioning why did the owner get rid of this..

o9fW2RN.jpg

oEqXgWr.jpg

TbPs9QO.jpg

im asking for the price for this kind of pair right now, waiting for the reply

Edited by apsidewatch

I already got the price. try to give a guess first then open the spoiler. this is the detail they gave me

Samurai jeans ( 19 oz )

Saiz : 32

Length : 42

1599,99 MYR, translates to around 516USD.

Edited by apsidewatch

I already got the price. try to give a guess first then open the spoiler. this is the detail they gave me

I expected 10% from that quoted price :D

Pretty steep

Would the average Malaysian be able to buy it at that price?

for a pair of jeans, of course its a pretty absurd price. to translates in salaries, average starting salary for a fresh undergrad with bachelor of engineering is 2600MYR per month. now thats an engineer, most people who is in the scene is a commoner.

but then there exist a market of people who appreciates so called 'vintage clothing' from this bundle shop. they seek for selvedge jeans, big E levis tag, loop wheeled t shirt and 50/50 fabric t shirt( 50% polyster 50% cotton t shirt).

WTF? If it came in that bundle above I would have guessed what b_f said. It seems as if fading patterns increase the value over there. So finally I have an argument to break in my jeans. And Ruedi is a billionaire.

the thing is, they recognise samurais,momo,pbj,denime,evisu and jeans with selvedge as high quality denim that originates from japan but really missed the concept of raw denim as a whole.

Edited by apsidewatch

of course theres a market for faded jeans. thats what the majority of the world wears remember? not everyone knows/likes to fade their own jeans like us, so you can sell your faded pairs for a nice amount too. i would suggest washing before selling though....

$516 is insane though LOL

It makes sense the value would increase as the fades set in. The fabric would still be far stronger than a chemically treated prewash pair, not to mention the construction of the pair will always be way better.

Take for example the PRPS label. The prewash versions cost about 1.5 times as much as the Raw versions. If the market is anything to go by, it makes sense faded Samurais are worth more. Remember the APC Butler jeans?

Edited by saintkeat