Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

Great choice. Looking forward to your progress!

I kept mine with a bit more stack than that, it'll soften up in a month or so. It'll work out fine. Depending on how you wash, expect shrinkage all over.

thanks! your s003jp-a is looking good, i love the combs and fades. samurais have some of the best vertical fades among japanese raw denim.

i'll only be able to rock these 2-3 days a week because i have a corp job, so it's gonna be awhile before i have any fading. :(

Edited by rfrog02

To PhotonStrut, I am waiting for the S5000VX25oz so I can get a late start on the HWDC2. My only experience is from the S5000VX21oz and I guess I sized down 1. Don’t really know my true size but a size 30 fits me tight to what I think will be equal to a size down 1. I also have the Skull 5010xx in 30 and both pairs fitted me equally tight at start. The Skulls stretched way more though. With the 25oz being really heavy I think you will get bruised hips from sizing down 2. I have slim thighs so I can’t really get a slim fit on Samurais. Here is a fit picture of the S5000VX21oz with the little one from our vacation in Beijing in January.

6891cfe6-f2e2-48eb-a3f1-3411a8c3eb4e_zps877a5a28.jpg

Here are my S710xx at exactly three months of real wear time - two soaks, no washes yet. I really like the creasing patterns on this pair, and the denim fades very fast. Not much else to say, except that these are a great pair of jeans. These pics were taken indoors with my iPhone 5, but the color and contrast is actually very true to life.

S710xx3Months1_zpse5fd1a71.jpg

S710xx3Months2_zps6d67ef7e.jpg

S710xx3Months4_zps90933fc7.jpg

S710xx3Months3_zpsb3950e8a.jpg

S710xx3Months5_zps59433247.jpg

S710xx3Months6_zps28bf509b.jpg

Edited by Cold Summer

Hi Cold Summer, nice jeans and great pictures. You really managed to capture the color and the proportions as well. Somehow my photos ended up really pale blue and also I think they look really short, wide and tapered in my pictures (even though they are not hemmed). iPhone seems the way to go :)

I was really surprised at how good these pictures looked. I think you'll always get better results under a controlled light source - taking pictures outside, I've noticed that the color can vary a lot from one photo to the next. I think your 5000s are looking nice though, my 710s fit pretty much the same way on me.

° I will announce it once I know that I really got one. It's a limited one, but not 25 oz.

In the meantime -

S5000VX 21 oz, worn since september, washed around 5 times by hand and now the first time in the machine.

DSC03167_zpsc309b773.jpg

DSC03165_zpsac990e51.jpg

DSC03164_zps9b7cfe79.jpg

HELL YEAH!! These are gorgeous! I´ve sold my IH 555-01´s and will buy a pair of Samurai within a week or so.

DAMN great work on these Max! :D

^^^Thinking of 710 19 oz or the S5000VX 21 oz but it seems like BlueInGreen are sold out of size 34. I need about 13.5 inches in the thighs presoak to be good. I want a slimmer silouette with a slight taper atleast.

You got any recomendations regarding sizing?

Well, I'm a 34 myself and that's my size in most other models as well. I personally prefer the 710 cut, as the higher rise makes them more comfortable and the 5000s could use just a tad more taper to feel perfect. But they offer more room in the thighs, so if that's you're crucial point, go for the 5000s. And as you live in Europe - if you order in Japan now, you can benefit from the weak yen. Try e2nd on rakuten for example.

bF: I have emailed Kaizoku Pirates and awaiting their reply.

I might join the HDWC2. If I don´t I still want a heavier denim, so I´m looking at 19+ oz.

Max: ok, I´m a 35-36 in most of the denim I´ve bought through the years. I do need a littel room in the thighs but I also liek a littel more taper than the 5000s. So I think that 710xx 19 oz is the jean for me. And seeing how the 710 ages makes me really like them!

Thanks for your help guys!

This is kind of anecdata, but I the size 33 S500xx I purchased from BiG in February of this year was Lot #13, which, to my admittedly humble research, has been out of circulation since late 2010. Pretty cool, though to get such a lucky number!