Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

juste received my s710XX

I'm size 32 and take TTS, pre soak size is perfect, will soak them an hoping they will stretch to pre soak size...

If you're saying they fit properly in the waist pre-soak, I would give them a half hour soak in cold water. I got a size 30 s710 19 oz. and the waist was just right. I have soaked once and washed once, both times cold in the tub for a half hour. The waist didn't shrink at all really and I lost about .75" in length. The fit is fantastic and I'm loving the fades after two months of wear.

IMG_1738

IMG_1736

IMG_1732

IMG_1728

I haven't posted photos before because I don't really like taking photos of my jeans. I just like wearing them. Today, I decided to use the five minutes of sunlight I had to try to snap some decent photos of my Samurai s710 19 oz. These are the mixed results. I've worn these for about two months, one initial soak and one hand wash. I love the look and feel of them. I didn't capture the color very well. Maybe doing this periodically will make it more fun and I can get you something better. Sorry for the flickr links, didn't know I couldn't use that for posting.

Edited by Jared_Lee

Max, you've done a great job of keeping your 710s really dark. I need to take some pics of mine @ three months of real wear. They're really starting to look good! Indeed, this denim does fade really fast.

Now that I've handled it in person for a while, I can really appreciate the interesting, grainy texture of the denim as it fades, it's pretty unique. If only it was dyed as dark as Flat Head or Eternal's denim, it would be just about perfect.

Edited by Cold Summer

So after wearing my Jins out for the past 5 years (it was their birthday last week!) I've been wearing these 710s now for the past 3 months and I gotta say theyre fading super fast. Is this normal or what? Not that I mind #fastandfuriousfades

Jins fade far slower than any other Sams, with the possible exception of the AI's. You will get a much more regular Samurai experience from your 710's.

By the by, I would love to see some pics of your 5 year old Jins, the Jin denim is amongst my favourite denim ever released by anyone, but the cuts really did not suit me at all.

can you post BIG style measurements on those when they're dry? Specifically interesting in thigh and leg opening. Thanks

this might help : Samurai 0500 :: TTS @W33

w= 34, ins= 32, f/r= 10.5, b/r= 15, u/t= 12.25, kn= 8.75, l/o= 8.25

Edited by BrownMetallic

Those are gorgeous. I'm on my ipad and accidentally hit the neg rep instead of positive rep and I can't find how to undo it so Im gonna rep a couple other of your posts. Sorry about that. Anyway, looking nice! Looking forward to seeing more.

Edited by HGS

I'm rather bored so here's a translation of the text accompanying it:

A special 25 oz. pair of jeans based on the popular 5000VX Zero denim model. This year marks the 15th anniversary of Samurai Jeans, and therefore on the occasion of the 25th year of Heisei (current emperor), the 25oz. denim design is finally created. The denim is made on 2,5 thread with looms pushed to their limit, creating an especially dark 25oz with a special for this occasion gold selvedge line which should give it a special feeling. A 15th anniversary design commemoration is burned into the cow hide tanned patch. The buttons are the commonly used on special editions original gold Pine tree (?) buttons. The flasher has a 15 year anniversary commemoration written in gold letters, and furthermore the pocket fabric has the congratulatory 15 years name stitched on it.

Oh, and below it a note that since the production on this is rather difficult, it might get delayed a bit. Planning to be released in June.

Edited by Warakia

Never encountered it so far on Samurai jeans. Only the S3000 has a total “misplaced†belt loop at the back by intention. Was this a regular 710 or a collab from BiG?

If it was a regular S710XX, it might just be an error from the operator. Maybe forgetting what brand/type/cut he had to sew :D

If it holds up and looks well build I would appreciate it as a cool feature :)

Wow those 25's look amazing. I don't own a pair of zero denim, but from what I have read the shrink/stretch is crazy. Would you suggest wearing them while soaking and wear drying. I like slimmer fits, and if the guide on the first page is accurate that means sizing down twice!

glad to see some 0500xx love on this thread. i bought my second pair of samuaris recently, so i took the occasion to take a few pics of my 0500xx. i've been wearing skull 5010xx the past couple years, but they don't fade nearly as nice as samurai denim does.

0500xx, lot 10, ~ 3 washes, jan 2008 ~ june 2010, probably < 1 yr actual wear. back right pocket was repaired once by self edge.

8488429826_992a52a6b1_c.jpg

8487338465_6598076afb_c.jpg

8488436276_e1b168c740_c.jpg

8487345015_8afc418889_c.jpg

s003jp-a, lot 14, one hot soak. just got these back from hemming at self edge.

8500721173_1ed2acee45_c.jpg

couple fit pics of my s003jp-a:

photo9_zpse0b68203.jpg

stacking close up:

photo10_zpse75ebb3c.jpg

i got them hemmed to the same inseam as my skulls and added another 0.5" to allow for additional shrinkage. i personally don't like too much stacking, but i also don't want my ankles to show if i'm sitting down. the leg opening on these is pretty narrow (7").

what do you guys think of the stacking? i was thinking earlier about taking off another 1" from the hem, but now i'm leaning toward just keeping them as they are.

the denim they used for these is really sick. it has this irregular color texture from the washi paper weft. i'll try to take some close-ups with my d300 another time because my iphone won't do it justice.